• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighter jet crashes into San Diego neighborhood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Metroid Killer said:
For some weird reason this is the picture which the Danish television channel, TV2, used for the story on their website...

11471649-8e541737b3160d3f151b8e9fe6444db0.jpeg

www.tv2.dk

WTF?

[Shatner]There's...something on the wing.[/Shatner]

Two dead, two missing. A grandmother, mother, and two children are the likely victims.

CNN's full story.

Also it turns out there was just one pilot, I guess somebody must have seen some debris after the pilot ejected and thought it was someone else.

Gleeky

About 20 miles from where I live. Shit is fucking scary and will probably make a lot of people think about their lives differently in that area.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
No offense, but I think it's BS that he ejected over a neighborhood. If you are a pilot you gotta find a safe place to put that down, even if it takes you with it. You signed up for the military, people in the house didn't.

Maybe there was absolutely nothing he could do and it was just going down, but really if he had any control over that thing at all he should have found somewhere to ditch it.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
echoshifting said:
Two dead, two missing. A grandmother, mother, and two children are the likely victims.

CNN's full story.

Also it turns out there was just one pilot, I guess somebody must have seen some debris after the pilot ejected and thought it was someone else.

Man that's a terrible way to go

toxicgonzo

Taxes?! Isn't this the line for Metallica?
That just plain sucks. There you are, just watching the television, then you think "Huh that sounds like a low flying jet" then all of a sudden bam, out of nowhere a freaking jet plane comes tearing through your living room and then you're dead.

StoOgE said:
No offense, but I think it's BS that he ejected over a neighborhood. If you are a pilot you gotta find a safe place to put that down, even if it takes you with it. You signed up for the military, people in the house didn't.

Maybe there was absolutely nothing he could do and it was just going down, but really if he had any control over that thing at all he should have found somewhere to ditch it.

I'm inclined to agree...especially since this is a military crash. This happened here in Oregon a few months ago and again children were killed...but in that case the pilot did stay with the plane. I have to believe the plane was so completely out of control that there was nothing he could do, though. I'm sure we'll know more soon.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
My brother thinks it's more likely that it was shot down rather than the plane malfunctioning/pilot error.

My brother is a god damned moron.

Smidget

StoOgE said:

Exactly my thoughts. I hope the black box recorder tells us that he could not do a single thing then what transpired. Sad story all around :/

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Pretty sure controls must have been all fucked up or something, no way a pilot would just randomly eject and not aim the plane away or something.

Sounds like four are dead.

The father and husband of the victims is giving his teary press conference live right now and it's being drowned out by the sound of fighter jets flying overhead.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/12/09/military.jet.crash/index.html

Yoon named the victims as his infant daughter Rachel, who was born less than two months ago; his 15-month-old daughter Grace; his wife, Young Mi Yoon, 36; and her 60-year-old mother, Suk Im Kim, who he said had come to the United States from Korea recently to help take care of the children.

Fighting back tears, he said of his daughters: "I cannot believe that they are not here right now."

"I know there are many people who have experienced more terrible things," Yoon said. "But, please, tell me how to do it. I don't know what to do."

Yoon's minister, Daniel Shin, told reporters the Yoon family had moved into the house a little more than a month ago. He said Yoon came to the United States in 1989 and had since become a naturalized citizen. Yoon works as manager of "a variety store -- a store where they sell a variety of things," Shin said.

Yoon spoke softly when he talked about his wife.

"It was God's blessing that I met her about four years ago. She was a lovely wife and mother," he said.

His voice fading, he added: "She loves me and babies. I just miss her so much."​

Wow...I can't even imagine the type of anguish I would be in :(

Talk about losing everything. Lose your wife, your kids, your house, your mother...my goodness that is fucking sad.

e: Whoops, didn't see it posted previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom