• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trip Guard is the most misused phrase in fighting games. It is generally accepted to mean the opposite of what it actually is.

Toxic is super overused now. Every community is now TOXIC.

Hassun

Neo Member

MrDaravon

Holy shit I didn't know the EX oil could be used to dodge projectiles o_O

Edit: That was maybe the worst loss I have ever seen Mike have on the show lol

Numb

371 pp Yun kreygasm

Charlie-Murphy-Laughing-Chappelles-Show-Prince.gif

lol he didnt do the knee.
CPT is tight thanks to floe

wow that DOAX3 importing thread

them anime avatars coming out of the woodwork

Gotta feel for DoA fans on some level. They stay saying, "the game is actually good tho", but that goes as far as "I read Playboy for the articles tbh"

it's almost as if the fact that this series is pandering trash is well understood by everyone and negative media attention about how trashy it is doesn't have a negative effect on its sales

Gotta be one of the most disrespected video game franchises out there

Kumubou

This and fuzzy guard.
I've been fighting this for years... every anime FG player I've run into that I've had this argument with looks at me like I have three heads. Aaaafdsgfdgfdhfd

wow that DOAX3 importing thread

them anime avatars coming out of the woodwork
The thing that gets me about this is that the game is about 95% likely to be straight garbagio, anyway. The previous games don't do anything they set out to do well.

Kumubou

Gotta feel for DoA fans on some level. They stay saying, "the game is actually good tho", but that goes as far as "I read Playboy for the articles tbh"

Gotta be one of the most disrespected video game franchises out there
I think the fact that DoA5 is the first game in the series to even be remotely good since the original game doesn't help, either. I can see people not believing that the games are in any way legit with the previous releases being hot messes for over a decade. At least something like Arcana Heart has more than one release that's considered good.

petghost

Banned
I think the fact that DoA5 is the first game in the series to even be remotely good since the original game doesn't help, either. I can see people not believing that the games are in any way legit with the previous releases being hot messes for over a decade. At least something like Arcana Heart has more than one release that's considered good.

honestly looking at it now arcana heart doesnt have half the weird ecchi stuff that like R. Mika had in SF5 anyways...its just an all girl cast of anime girls. maybe i missed something i dno.

Crocodile

Smash players in general misuse most terms with reckless abandon.

Toxic, meta, neutral, viable, jank, gimmick, you name it, and it's not exclusive to random scrubs either, the top guys are just as guilty and cringe inducing in their ways.

The funniest part is how mad some Smash players get when you tell them what the salty suite actually is supposed to be.

"BUT THAT'S NOT HYPE!" Somebody actually told me that after I talked about EVO's Salty Suite that Redbull sponsored.

To be fair, all those terms weren't in the common Smash vernacular before this recent reintegration with the general FGC. There's a learning curve for this sort of stuff and they are playing catch up :p

Dahbomb

DOA was generally fine in the public's eye when DOA3 was out. But then they tarnished the series by associating it with DOAX Volleyball. After that the series just got a bad rep.

At least back in the DOA2-3 days it was "faster, flashier VF with more girls".

I can't even blame the devs at this point... they get so much of their revenue from the waifu outfits.

Also I am not sure why people want DOAX3 to begin with outside of the blatant nefarious reason. It's not DOA6.

Nightii

Banned
To be fair, all those terms weren't in the common Smash vernacular before this recent reintegration with the general FGC. There's a learning curve for this sort of stuff and they are playing catch up :p

But reintegrating with the general FGC is a lie, lol, and it's not like most Smash players truly want to integrate, some take (often a bit too much) pride in being a grassroots community that keeps growing in spite of general perception from other communities and the "dumb, casual loving creator".

The Smash community and the general FGC tend to suffer from the same kinds of mindsets, and it gets a bit hilarious when they just can't see they are both so similar lol.

Kumubou

honestly looking at it now arcana heart doesnt have half the weird ecchi stuff that like R. Mika had in SF5 anyways...its just an all girl cast of anime girls. maybe i missed something i dno.
I think it's more of an aversion to little girls and how obviously they are pandering to certain fetishes with a lot of the designs. (Especially with some of the official CGs that get used that I'm not posting here because I like my account in one piece.) There are certain bright lines that don't get crossed in-game, though.

DOA was generally fine in the public's eye when DOA3 was out. But then they tarnished the series by associating it with DOAX Volleyball. After that the series just got a bad rep.

I can't even blame the devs at this point... they get so much of their revenue from the waifu outfits.

Also I am not sure why people want DOAX3 to begin with outside of the blatant nefarious reason. It's not DOA6.
The skeevieness has always been part of the series, and I've always been under the impression that it's always had that reputation. Hell, two of the main selling points of the original release were the absurd breast physics (and boy were they absurd) along with the crazy outfits. It definitely got worse with the DOAX games, though.

ive never actually seen this... is it still worth seeking out?
Yes, yes it is.

I still don't know what the hell anime people are talking about when they say fuzzy guard.

DOA had no reputation to ruin. All anyone talked about for DOA1 was the boobs.

petghost

Banned

Skilletor

DoA has always had a bad rep. I've been playing since 1, it's never been taken seriously because of the option for bouncing breasts. Then you had the silly fake "turn the age up to 99" bullshit in DoA2 with people placeboing themselves into thinking that shit made a difference.

Never, ever has it had any reputation at all. Shame, since it's awesome.

What's the pun???
Suite and Sweet, I imagine.

DoA has always had a bad rep. I've been playing since 1, it's never been taken seriously because of the option for bouncing breasts. Then you had the silly fake "turn the age up to 99" bullshit in DoA2 with people placeboing themselves into thinking that shit made a difference.

Never, ever has it had any reputation at all. Shame, since it's awesome.
This was actually me and my friends' fighter of choice at parties. Nothing to do with the girls, it was just fun.

In the NRS community we use fuzzy guard to mean when you block a certain way anticipating a mixup and you switch from crouch to stand or the other way around to cover another option because it's slower than the first. So let's say a character has an overhead/low 50/50 where the overhead is much slower than the low. In a situation where you think this mixup is coming either as a guess or it's part of a canned string you'd fuzzy guard by blocking low at first since the low is faster and you'd switch to stand block in case they do the overhead while you're safe from the low since it's time to come has already passed. So very similar to the concept in 3D fighters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom