• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

Thanks again to all the well wishers and to Turdle for the wedding gift :D

And yes, we're all old now.

swTELct.png

idk how you can be happy not having a taco bell sponsored wedding

Yeah ChrisG knew it and I am not implying he got done dirty... but the ban length still feels longer than it needs to be. Testers are always playing the game in various unrefined states that keep changing. The game that launches day 1 is probably a lot different from the last balancing test these guys made.

Not to mention that these testers are playing in a bubble with a small group of players, and in testing conditions, not true competition. These testers will be learning a ton in their first actual tournament just like the rest of us.

That ban is _absurdly_ long.

People already crying about Deadshot nerfs, including some supposedly pro players, on day two? This is why Injustice one died out the way it did. People need to let the game live for a while before saying anything.

I hope NRS learned their lesson after the insta-Scorpion nerf in Injustice when he wasn't even that great. Just tough to deal with day 1 and the players fucking flipped their shit.

Anth0ny

No it's not. Chris G knew what he was getting into. They ask you beforehand if you are okay with this and that. Chris G has a lot on his plate so he doesn't mind taking a step back from one game and being a tester.

People already crying about Deadshot nerfs, including some supposedly pro players, on day two? This is why Injustice one died out the way it did. People need to let the game live for a while before saying anything.

the biggest problem with new competitive video games in general.

everyone cries about nerfs week one. devs proceed to nerf what people complain about within like 4 months, if that. nothing matters because that new balance patch is right around the corner.

just another reason why melee is GOAT.

anyways, having a lot of fun watching Injustice 2 right now. and I've never cared about NRS games. NRS hype?!

galvenize

New cross counter series ala excellent adventures called Recipe featuring Steve and Sajam where they play GG, KI and eventually T7 when it comes out.will feature guests too. Episode releases every thursdays on YouTube.

Get hype.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
The young generation is taking over. Some of the old guards are holding it down but they are quickly getting taken over.

New cross counter series ala excellent adventures called Recipe featuring Steve and Sajam where they play GG, KI and eventually T7 when it comes out.will feature guests too. Episode releases every thursdays on YouTube.

Get hype.
That sounds like a LOT of fun. When will it start?

Capcom needs to hire some staff from NRS to hand hold them and show them how to make a good fighting game product. Injustice 2 netcode make SFV netcode looks like utter trash. WTF happend with capcom and SFV. Something went horribly wrong with SFV development. Almost every aspect of the game.... Maybe a trade? Capcom can lend NRS their animation engineer and NRS can help capcom with......well everything else.

Capcom needs to hire some staff from NRS to hand hold them and show them how to make a good fighting game product. Injustice 2 netcode make SFV netcode looks like utter trash. WTF happend with capcom and SFV. Something went horribly wrong with SFV development. Almost every aspect of the game.... Maybe a trade? Capcom can lend NRS their animation engineer and NRS can help capcom with......well everything else.

5K ENTRANTS AT EVO THO'

I mostly agree, but I also don't want the NRS battle team within 50 miles of Capcom HQ.
I have my qualms about the current balance in SFV, in places, but the game definitely doesn't need the knee-jerk throw-shit-at-the-wall-every-other-week approach to balancing that NRS employs.

Nah. Keep NRS away from Capcom.

And we've all known the reason for SFV problems: it was a rushed game for the CPT that was being sponsored by Sony. If Capcom had that WB money, and a 2 year development cycle like injustice 2, it probably wouldn't suffer from the problems it does today.

Hell naw. The network and UI/FE team, yea. Everything else can stay.

Nrs can get their animation team.

Beckx

Windjammers beta signups http://www.flyingpowerdisc.com/

how do games reach this point where very few people actually played them but so many people loudly talk about how amazing the game is and how they want it. is it the Giant Bomb effect for Windjammers?

also Chun-li looked at Twintelle and said GOD DAMN

notworksafe

Windjammers beta signups http://www.flyingpowerdisc.com/

how do games reach this point where very few people actually played them but so many people loudly talk about how amazing the game is and how they want it. is it the Giant Bomb effect for Windjammers?

also Chun-li looked at Twintelle and said GOD DAMN

i've been preaching the good word of Windjammers for years, GB just stole my thunder! however i should probably thank them, the price of Windjammers carts have skyrocketed since they started bringing the game to people's attention.

I got my carts for like $5 each in 2008/9 as part of a lot and now they go for $100+ in some places

NRS makes a good fighting game 'product', but Capcom still makes a much better fighting game.

I'm surprised Nintendo designed such a well built character for a flagship family game. I do like though that she actually looks pretty mature and has a generally strong build. Obviously she does more than just squats.

A lot of the Gerudo designs in BotW are also well-built.

Top Bottom