• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

CO_Andy

not sure what to make of USF2's netcode. there have been reports of it being super smooth or just bad

the few streams i have watched are the former

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I watched both Max and Valle stream it and it wasn't exactly smooth. Max went as far as to say it's comparable to fighting games on the OG Xbox.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
That's why U.S internet infrastructure is in medieval times. We should have super wifi years ago but some dumbass politician can't even turn on a computer and decides the rest of the country can't have fun without him. The public wifi in Korea is fast enough to stream at 1080p for god's sake.

MrCarter

Cross post from SFV thread. Eat-Sports boys.

mDkafA4.jpg

Some nice numbers from E-League! Hope it's back next year as it was one of the best SFV events this year.

Tripon

Is there a way to play with a wired connection on a Nintendo Switch?

Honest question. I haven't hooked mine up yet.
You plug a usb-A to wired Lan adapter to the dock.

I suppose you can also plug a usb-C to Lan adapter directly into the switch itself, but I never seen one and never bothered to check if they exist.

Looks like MvCi might be barebones too according to Ryce.. Launch roster of 28 possibly..

Two reason I believe this rumor.

1. MvCI looks like a super budge title like lower budget than Kof 14 imo.
2. Its Capcom.

NRS is the king of fighting game makers now. Capcom has been utterly decimated by their competition now like Nintendo or NRS or Namco. They went all out for esports and failed miserably financially. Capcom logic: "Lets dumb down the game to attract casuals but lets not put anything that attracts casuals in the first place".

Dahbomb

I don't know how it's possible to have that low of a roster when there were so many copy/paste opportunities from Marvel 3.

Even at copy pasting Capcom is half assing it. KOF14 does that better.

MrCarter

NRS is simply at a honeymoon period now before the novelty soon wears off. They are very good at content and modes to attract casuals but gameplay and animation is something Capcom will always be better at. I know a lot of people are disappointed with the roster (I, myself, don't like the colour scheme or aesthetics of the game) but let's just wait and see how the game pans out before jumping to conclusions.

MechaX

NRS is simply at a honeymoon period now before the novelty soon wears off. They are very good at content and modes to attract casuals but gameplay and animation is something Capcom will always be better at. I know a lot of people are disappointed with the roster (I, myself, don't like the colour scheme or aesthetics of the game) but let's just wait and see how the game pans out before jumping to conclusions.

If that leaked roster list is true, Capcom deserves the heat.

It likely won't change anything at this point, but they deserve it.

SmokeMaxX

NRS has fixed a lot of "complaints" people had about SFV. I'm curious how many people will stick to IJ2. It has strong zoning, combo breakers, better defensive options, better wakeup, a lot of combo variety (including several different ways to cancel), and a wide variety of playstyles.

.la1n

MvC Infinite leak: The roster size isn't a concern for me. It's the selection of characters that leaves me scratching my head.

I don't know how it's possible to have that low of a roster when there were so many copy/paste opportunities from Marvel 3.

Even at copy pasting Capcom is half assing it. KOF14 does that better.

I know right? They are most likely going to reuse assets from almost all the returning characters. Should have just copy pasted all the UMvC3 characters. Also no x-men is a going to be a big loss imo.

MechaX

It's got all the staples of mainstream Capcom games, just like Marvel's side is staple MCU heros.

It's all about what the casual audience will recognize.

Yes, staples like Nemesis despite how we are 18 years from his original game, 13 years from his movie, 10 years from his appearance in the Wii spinoff, and is ultimately a character nobody even fucking touched in UMVC3 despite how Resi 6 or even Resi 7 both sold a lot for the current generation.

And no Wesker either. I guess just make him fucking DLC.

Kumubou

Someone said the netcode for quake with a 56k modem back in the day is better than USF2's netcode.
As someone who spent way more time than I should admit to playing Quake online: OG Quake's netcode was garbagola online (as it wasn't engineered with Internet use in mind... at all), but Quakeworld (a re-release with revamped networking) on a 56k modem really did work better than a lot of fighting games out today.

That's why U.S internet infrastructure is in medieval times. We should have super wifi years ago but some dumbass politician can't even turn on a computer and decides the rest of the country can't have fun without him. The public wifi in Korea is fast enough to stream at 1080p for god's sake.
The problem isn't just America's Internet infrastructure being ass (although it certainly is garbage). The real issue is that online play for 1v1 fighting games has been a solved problem (GGPO showed the template for it back in 2006), but too many developers in the genre either can not or will not take the necessary steps to address it. It doesn't have to be this bad -- there's no good reason why my matches in KI have less perceived latency when I'm trying to play someone in Australia than something like GGXrd when I'm trying to play someone in Texas.

Wallach

Two reason I believe this rumor.

1. MvCI looks like a super budge title like lower budget than Kof 14 imo.
2. Its Capcom.

NRS is the king of fighting game makers now. Capcom has been utterly decimated by their competition now like Nintendo or NRS or Namco. They went all out for esports and failed miserably financially. Capcom logic: "Lets dumb down the game to attract casuals but lets not put anything that attracts casuals in the first place".

if NRS is king we can safely flush this genre down the toiler once and for all

Top Bottom