• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

Yeah, he's not going this year. He's been home in Chile since March or so, I think? He isn't doing any travelling this year, I believe.

Evo really needs a shake-up in regards to how it lays out its games for pools. A lot of crowding problems at the event is caused by not really taking into account which games get folks gathering to watch even during pools. It causes certain areas to become congested and other corners of the venue to be barren. A different layout could alleviate that but I doubt it'll change much if at all.

I remember the year I went, the middle area in the ballroom was empty space and literally a small ass slice of the room was set up for pools for SF. Then you have like 30 ppl crowding around stations especially post pools and its hard to cheer for your friend if they make it out.

Busaiku

I would kill for a fantasy-themed fighting game. Why is this not a theme? I watched that video Tizoc posted and just thought "Goddamn I want to main a Necromancer"
RIP Testament

Love these character designs:
https://youtu.be/P3NyQPW_1qU?t=939

Why do Japanese streams always record at 360p? wtf?
18781106383_7aac8155e9_o.png

EVO struggling to maintain momentum but people keep attending out of obligation, while other tournies increasingly provide better player experiences yet are unable to obtain the prestige of the de facto leader ��

But would those other tournaments' experiences still be as pristine if they had thousands more players to manage?

I want that more mature Western fantasy look. I really prefer not to beat up children. This also lacks most of what made Chaos Breaker look cool. That game has 3 "Ork" characters, 3 undead, dark elves, etc. This looks more like a Saturday morning cartoon fantasy.

but sometimes you gotta?

Unfortunately, most fighting games have them. And my hunch is that every anime fighter does. In fact, I'd say that Rachel from BlazBlue is the perfect character for me, but I just can't stand playing as a little kid. Between her, Carl, and Platinum...ew. Plus the designs for Carl and Platinum are abominations upon this earth. Carl's fucking shorts and Platinum's everything...

ShinMaruku

Unfortunately, most fighting games have them. And my hunch is that every anime fighter does. In fact, I'd say that Rachel from BlazBlue is the perfect character for me, but I just can't stand playing as a little kid. Between her, Carl, and Platinum...ew. Plus the designs for Carl and Platinum are abominations upon this earth. Carl's fucking shorts and Platinum's everything...

I do find it interesting that some of the more out there characters in fighting games often have looks that drive some people away from them. Unfortunately, I think the devs at arc sys love that concept and will always have characters with their design.

Spuck-uk

Banned
My favourite trashy FG right now is Chaos Code. Its real dumb and fun, and dunking people from a wok will never get old.

Tizoc

I want that more mature Western fantasy look. I really prefer not to beat up children. This also lacks most of what made Chaos Breaker look cool. That game has 3 "Ork" characters, 3 undead, dark elves, etc. This looks more like a Saturday morning cartoon fantasy.
Funnily enough they have super sentai alts too xp

Good thing that there's literally nothing lower than eating KFC.
Maybe in America Land but the kfc in my neighbourhood does the better original recipe chicken
I kinda miss their tobasco spicy chicken tho :/

Dahbomb is so fancy he probably eats sandwiches with Dijon mustard.
I once tried dijon mustard in my sandwiches
Eh regular mustard is better :s

Beckx

Need input from Anne or other TN people whether Mrs. Winners is still good. Chicken biscuits were godlike back in the day

Village

fighting over fast food chicken like it was 3am at a waffle house in detroit. this is the state we're in now?

Considering tekken has wild animals wondering in and out of its roster, we had already been Detroit for years.

Now all we need is lack of police, and everyone just content with that notion

overcooked is halfway there, that lighting your opponent's kitchen on fire tech is OP

I really need to play that, i've only watch max and his wife play it.

Coda

Chicken and waffles together is a dumb combination. They don't complement one another at all.

Chicken and waffles is great as long as the chicken is super fresh and is boneless. Then you can get a whole bite with the waffle, chicken, and syrup and it's glorious. Honestly some places have really bad chicken and waffles so it's all about where you get it.

Seriously, what is this american obsession with making otherwise good food sweet?

Yes I've had chicken and waffles, no the waffle did not belong there.
because you can make foods in many different ways.

Sweet and Spicy is also common combination and delicious, like Manga Habanero and Honey Jalapeno sauces

Tripon

You don't have to mix the waffles and chicken. Last time I went to Roscoe's, I had just the waffles. They were sooooooo good.

Top Bottom