• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

Tripon

Popeyes and Churches' usually have sales on Tuesday for $1.49 for two pieces of leg and thighs at least in the socal region.

CO_Andy

man you guys really drove this fried chicken discussion into the ground

i was just using it as an excuse to talk about Jebailey

Tripon

I'm becoming more of a fan of roasted chicken anyway. You can get a whole roasted chicken and 2 sides at any super market already cooked for under $10. Can't bear that.

Shouta

I thought it was overrated when I was in japan :(. Still damn good though.

I want the karaage cooking method with Popeyes spicy seasonings.

Karaage can be really different depending on the restaurant and cook. There's average, homemade stuff but there's also the insane, AAA tier ones out there. I think the one that surprised me the most in Japan the last few years was a place that the JP players took me to for dinner a few years ago. That shit was amazing. So crispy and juicy and the flavor was perfect. =o

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yeah that's another thing. BJs has a godlike smoothie, hot dogs, Italian sausage, caramel cappuccino.

Pizza around here are all good. There is no such thing as bad pizza but I like Roma the best.

Karaage is amazing because of the double fry method.
I made it a few times but I have been trying to cut down on fried foods all together. I am the olds.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Mmmmmmmmm.

uq0SWwL.jpg

ArjanN

Not to be offtopic from this fascinating pineapple on pizza discussion but it looks like Examu is willing to do a Daemon Bride kickstarter if the AH3 Six Stars one is successful:

@examu_PR Since AH3 Six Stars kickstarter is happening due to demand in the west. Would you be open to doing the same for Daemon Bride?

エクサム広報‏
@examu_PR
Replying to @theUraizen
Thank you.If AH 3 Six Stars kickstarter is successful, I also want to do Daemon Bride Stars kickstarter

Not to be offtopic from this fascinating pineapple on pizza discussion but it looks like Examu is willing to do a Daemon Bride kickstarter if the AH3 Six Stars one is successful:

I'd back that. Daemon Bride's one of those elusive 2D arcade fighters that never got a western port(or even a port in Japan?).

Tripon

Goddamn it guys. I'm hungry again. Y u do dis fam? ;_;

Let's be honest, one of the main reasons to go to EVO is an excuse to eat at the buffet line. That's the biggest advantage of holding a tournament on the strip versus any other venue in the United States. There are so many good food options on the strip vs. the regular fast food options any other tournament will have. Jebailey keeps on boasting about Wawa and Popeyes, but that can be had any day when I'm at Vegas I could go to Bacchanal at Ceasar Palace, or the Aria's buffet.

shaowebb

Oh wow. That'd be cool. It and Rumble Fish have perpetually eluded me. Be nice to have a pc port of at least one.

Karaage can be really different depending on the restaurant and cook. There's average, homemade stuff but there's also the insane, AAA tier ones out there. I think the one that surprised me the most in Japan the last few years was a place that the JP players took me to for dinner a few years ago. That shit was amazing. So crispy and juicy and the flavor was perfect. =o

Do you remember the place? I'm going back this winter. Would love to try it.

I tried karaage at a few places and at a outdoor food festival to try and eat from a spread f places. It was good and I liked the flavor variations between the spots, but there was a kick missing there for me from all of them.

Let's be honest, one of the main reasons to go to EVO is an excuse to eat at the buffet line. That's the biggest advantage of holding a tournament on the strip versus any other venue in the United States. There are so many good food options on the strip vs. the regular fast food options any other tournament will have. Jebailey keeps on boasting about Wawa and Popeyes, but that can be had any day when I'm at Vegas I could go to Bacchanal at Ceasar Palace, or the Aria's buffet.

Bacchanal is the bomb. I also like Wicked Spoon at The Cosmopolitan when you want to try some different things.

broz0rs

Do you remember the place? I'm going back this winter. Would love to try it.

I tried karaage at a few places and at a outdoor food festival to try and eat from a spread f places. It was good and I liked the flavor variations between the spots, but there was a kick missing there for me from all of them.

Try this place. It's amazing, and they even serve knee cartilage

http://en.toriand.com/karaage.html#k9

and I love their description of white and dark meat. they know what's up

Dark meat is thigh meat. It is very tasty and juicy, and the most popular amongst the Japanese.

White meat is breast meat and slightly drier than dark meat. Due to its low fat, it is healthier than dark meat; this is a favorite amongst Westerners.

Kalamari

Damn, that pizza is looking pretty top-tier. But I can see where MBB is coming from, how can it be pizza without tomato sauce?

Place is so good. I kept going for the tacos.

But I'm shooked at this 105°+ weather.

So this steam sale I caught up on some fighting game purchases.

Under night in birth: omg this game is so fucking cool. Wish more people played this. Relatively simple and easy to learn as far as anime fighters go. Varied cast is great..

Nitro plus blasterz heroines infinite duel: does some really cool stuff. Also relatively simple game along the lines of marvel with 2 assists but still remaining 1v1. Really distinct character gameplay styles which is awesome.

Still need to try that melty blood and the latest blazblue.

Might also get Naruto storm 4 just cuz it's cheap

shaowebb

So this steam sale I caught up on some fighting game purchases.

Under night in birth: omg this game is so fucking cool. Wish more people played this. Relatively simple and easy to learn as far as anime fighters go. Varied cast is great..

Nitro plus blasterz heroines infinite duel: does some really cool stuff. Also relatively simple game along the lines of marvel with 2 assists but still remaining 1v1. Really distinct character gameplay styles which is awesome.

Still need to try that melty blood and the latest blazblue.

Might also get Naruto storm 4 just cuz it's cheap
Preach on. Love me some Carmine in Uniel. Also lemme know what you think of Super Sonico in N+. Crazy cat lady has jump in lows! Insane mixups and pressure with her. I main Ruili but really enjoy me some Sonico. She's got a GTFO summon to make stuff safe, left rights due to summoning stuff behind you and the fat blue kitty being a super she can setup like Ms Fortune's head (watch the blueish kitty...it moves slower and is easy to setup for left rights), and she even has a Vajra like summon. Very similar to the Maori stuff in Arcana Heart since Examu made both. Just lookit the stuff she does.
0bhQigy.gif

n2jSKrU.gif

F11eppS.gif

GEyFSvn.gif

Too traumatized by the wiki summary of Saya no Uta to play Saya though @_@

If you ever get Melty Blood you'll enjoy it too. Super fast and every type for each character is a different moves with different meter styles and tools. Here. Enjoy the hype of evo Melty Blood Nero shooting folks with deers and ARM

pizzacat

Banned
Gonna pick up rev2 finally on steam since I heard netcode got better since release and pubg prolly I hear it's the game now

Damn, that pizza is looking pretty top-tier. But I can see where MBB is coming from, how can it be pizza without tomato sauce?
Alfredo spinach pizza ain't bad yo

And i don't feel completely awful after eating some, it's the best tech

It's like ordering hella burgers and going give me a Diet Coke, all of it is invalidated

Infiltration just said on his stream that his favorite game to watch is umvc3, followed by Guilty Gear, and that he's really looking forward to DBFZ.

Edit: He specifically listed Justin Wong, ChrisG, and Dual Kevin as players he likes to watch.

Astarte

I hope in the future when the anime war ends the world, the children of the future see signs of publix chicken subs and start religions off of it

give me general role

While the Rev 2 bundle isn't on sale, Rev 1 is so if you buy Rev 1 and then buy Rev 2 separately you save money.

The upgrade doesn't come with the DLC characters so you'd end up buying Kum and Dizzy. Would you still save money?

Top Bottom