• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

Tripon

I can see checking out on Sunday if you are coming from L.A. and feel comfortable doing the Sunday night drive.

I stayed until Monday last year so I can drive in the morning and avoid traffic, but people gotta work man.

A crowdfunding campaign for Fantasy Strike, the "gateway fighting game" for players that are new to- or overwhelmed by- the genre, has just launched on Fig.

I really dig the concept, but the page is kind of vague right now about what features are going to be in the base game, and which are "stretch goals". They just promise that "the more money we make, the more content we'll put in the game," which feels... nebulous.

Enormous 8-frame input buffer so your moves always come out and combos are easier.
Unique throw counter: simply let go of all controls and you automatically reverse throws!

:-/

prolly still works with SF4's lenient inputs

Well

ChillyBelatedCassowary.gif

Negaduck

A crowdfunding campaign for Fantasy Strike, the "gateway fighting game" for players that are new to- or overwhelmed by- the genre, has just launched on Fig.

I really dig the concept, but the page is kind of vague right now about what features are going to be in the base game, and which are "stretch goals". They just promise that "the more money we make, the more content we'll put in the game," which feels... nebulous.

A lot of people seem to enjoyed this when they played it.

I got to play it for a bit at NCR and didn't have much fun. It felt too sluggish . Just isn't for me it seems.

But if people like it that's cool and I hope it's successful.

NEO0MJ

I really doubt that they were hot glue fans. It's just an in joke about some stupid ass people.
literally everyone hated that shit and still do.

Sorry for the joke. Guess fact and fiction about them got mixed up.

They were warned about posting lewd figures.

However it ended with someone mentioning a figure of underaged character in revealing clothing and then other posters pressuring them to post pictures/links.

I see. I stopped visiting that thread because the direction they were going towards did not allign with my own interests. Frankly even the new one isn't there quite yet for me.

After seeing the SBF play the game, I'm all for it.

The idea of your lifebar and damage values being fixed segments that represent each time you got hit as a mistake you made is really clever.

If Riot isn't going to let SKill make his game, this might be the next best thing.

Dlent

I would have given Fantasy Strike a shot, because I assumed it was going to be free with how awful looking it was. Not going to put money into what looks to be the slowest fighting game ever created.

shaowebb

The hell? RWBY is hinting at an EVO announcement?

EDIT: Oooh..21 person Arcana Heart and Vampire Savior tournies at AnimEVO. Me like. Some year I hope TVC gets added to this event.

The idea of your lifebar and damage values being fixed segments that represent each time you got hit as a mistake you made is really clever.

If Riot isn't going to let SKill make his game, this might be the next best thing.
It even has a Stand character so GB can learn how to play fighting games.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

What's with these Sirlin games and stealing attacks from other games? Like it's not even subtle

I didn't go to EVO this year because it was too expensive & last year the experience, especially at Mandaly Bay sucked. Commentary boardcast to the crowd was so bad it hurt the viewing experience in person. It was the only time ever in the 4 times I've gone that I wished I was watching from home instead.

If you are going to charge people for Sunday seperatly you need to make the experience worth it. Constant, gratting, inaudable commentary over loud speakers is not enjoyable. No live sporting event does this & they never will cause it kills the atmosphere. Nothing like hearing cheers drowned out by James Chen yelling something you can't understand into the mic.

I've never once been watching a Sunday finals & thought to myself "I'm so glad I can hear the commentators." It sucked at Tekken Nationals, it sucked at CEO, & it sucked at EVO. Why you guys thought this was an idea that will improve your product is beyond me.

Top Bottom