• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

I mean this probably the first time for most to get to touch DBZ. I know I went over there first before going to the Marvel booth. Having a tournament also helps.

NEO0MJ

Decided to take a peek at Fantasy Strike's crowdfund, and things don't look good. Sure they still have 40 days but this is one weak start.

Skilletor

Are you at evo? Let's just take over a setup and test shit out

Edit: also like every fucking x/zero player has real combos w the chars already seriously

Lol. Everybody I've played has been pretty bad. I've been testing nova and thanos.

I'm about to go eat, but I'm down to try stuff later if you're around.

Dahbomb

Oh also the "point is assist tagging in guy takes advantage of that" concept gets fuuuuucked up by reaction super into high dmg combos. You see ryu throw fb tag? Light his ass up and birthday or combo at least one of em. This may be an important tool for good chars that tony doesnt have
That works in Marvel 3 too though. Magneto calling Missiles as assist from afar and Dormammu punishes with Chaotic Flame XF teleport combo into death. This is standard Marvel stuff. Or you know Cable getting happy birthday with AHVB.

Good impressions overall.

Skilletor

I'm glad Arika keeps getting a nice little crowd around it.

Not sure how that'll turn out (the armor gem looks dumb af), but character models are super nice.

Hope it can get completed.

That works in Marvel 3 too though. Magneto calling Missiles as assist from afar and Dormammu punishes with Chaotic Flame XF teleport combo into death. This is standard Marvel stuff. Or you know Cable getting happy birthday with AHVB.

Yeah, tagging from special moves and the character leaving stays on screen for A GRIP of time. You'll have to be super careful how you use the tags with specials and pressure or it'll get blown up.

Seyavesh

Yeah, the big diff is risk/reward, bc instead of 30% its potential full game loss without havin to worry about xf/anchor management

The other diff is assists can be called without the point dedicating anything so its normally used to space around that stuff

Theres a big pause and flash for inf. where its guarantees it

Lol. Everybody I've played has been pretty bad. I've been testing nova and thanos.

I'm about to go eat, but I'm down to try stuff later if you're around.

I'm down, im p much just gonna be playin until my pools at 2pm

Dahbomb

I am fine with Tags being punishable, otherwise players would just be spamming them non stop in neutral which is not something you want. Gotta be smart about your usage.

BadWolf

Frionel saying on twitter that he was excited for DBZF but after trying Arika's new fighter he is now excited for that the most. Sounds like he loved it.

Seyavesh

If anyone wants to try and break down Morrigan's new move, that would be wonderful.

Fires a floating mine which when detonating fires a short range spear that is based on negative edge. If no button is held it detonates immediately. Seems to fire at angles but not sure what controls that. Still haven't been hit by it yet so idk what happens there

Playing as Rocket it amuses me when people put me in the cube but then I just keep digging to stall them while leaving super traps and the other guy just doesn't know what to do lol

Tripon

SCR is Sept. 21st to Sept. 24th this year at the Anahiem Convention Center. So glad they aren't doing SCR at eSports center.

So if nearly 180 people for the tourney weren't even there leaving only 23 how was the crowd really only big for a tourney then? 23 isn't that big and it looked like there were more than that in the vid earlier comparing the DBFZ crowd to the MVCI one. Someone please explain. Just film some more. I need to see this.
It was the 10 AM of a free tournament. Chill

BTW that tournament had the best player yet by far. Look for this guy named Oreo.

He's the guy who figured out if you combo into vanish you can extend it with dragonrush. His Cell was ridiculous.
He did a huge combo and ended it with hard KD otg Cell lvl 3.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/159368314
2:51:45 for the Cell combo.

Yes, and 8 of them are exclusively for the tournament which means people not in it aren't allowed to use them.
How does that make a difference? People are in the tournaments and playing and when the tournaments are done they go freeplay. All those people are in the tournaments competing. You're literally trying to pretend that this is a factor when it's not. 10 stations vs 12. People on all of them all the time. Please stop

There are a ton of people I'm not trying to downplay that. All I'm saying is that if people were able to line up in more than 2 of the set ups then the Marvel and DB lines would look more comparable. Besides this was about people mistakenly thinking the lines for a 3rd at best of the set ups for Marvel being all there was to begin with.

Seyavesh

The mvci vs dbz setup thing is weird cuz theres def. more people at dbz but mvcis setup being in a box makes it hard to directly compare. A lot of the non-winner stay on stations only have like 2-4 people per line

I played a lot more and its growing on me but also the more I play the less I understand why ground movement is so stiff. Air movement and presence is godlike, w only big asshole chars like Zero in sogenmu really not needin thay kind of smooth movement

Also, sogenmu is still a massive problem though its hilarious that the basic way to beat it is projectile pushblocking and jumping or mashing button bc he tried to teleport in and got hit by a reflected one

Lulubop

didnt you call sf4 a trash bag tier fighting game?

Yea, it's dead. What's your point? I Obviously I meant toxic towards activate committees.

You're such a garbage poster tho dude. Real shit. Looking up post histories for you nerd war against Capcom.

The mvci vs dbz setup thing is weird cuz theres def. more people at dbz but mvcis setup being in a box makes it hard to directly compare. A lot of the non-winner stay on stations only have like 2-4 people per line

I played a lot more and its growing on me but also the more I play the less I understand why ground movement is so stiff. Air movement and presence is godlike, w only big asshole chars like Zero in sogenmu really not needin thay kind of smooth movement

Also, sogenmu is still a massive problem though its hilarious that the basic way to beat it is projectile pushblocking and jumping or mashing button bc he tried to teleport in and got hit by a reflected one

Good to hear, I remember Rayray saying stuff was off about the ground movement too. Guess that isn't fixed, or will be =/

Amedo310

A couple of guys broke the Arika demo. There are five sets of gems. The best set is called infinity that gives the user infinite supers if that do 7 supers in-match. Then they super cancel into supers forever on their opponent and put them in stun locks. Think of unlimited dhcs in MVC3. The gem sets that have guard cancel can do little against it. Hell, even infinity has guard cancel. Oh. It a 2.5 fighting game. No more 3d plane.

Top Bottom