• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

I'm stuck between picking up BB or UNIEL ST. I'm pretty much new to both, since I've played very little of them.
I wanna say UNIEL is easier to pick up if that matters to you. Don't think as many people play it but it's really fucking good. If you don't get it now I definitely recommend it on the next sale.

Kuusoge

I wanna say UNIEL is easier to pick up if that matters to you. Don't think as many people play it but it's really fucking good. If you don't get it now I definitely recommend it on the next sale.

From what I've seen and heard about UNIEL, it seems that I would enjoy it more over BB. But I also want to be able to find matches. I guess I'll wait and see how many people pick up UNIEL ST this week and it also helps that i'm on the west coast.

CO_Andy

the level of crazy has reached new heights in the fighting games need less fanservice thread

Easy, men are proven scientifically to be more stimulated with visuals than women. It's biology. Women know this, and good for them, again it's empowering to the vast majority. Thats why they wear make-up, that's why they have so many different outfit choices... not to sound mean, but seriously I'm sure you know this...

It's not about being equal, in rights yes we are equal, however in biology both sexes have differences that are good.

Linari

Neo Member
Yeah, another thread where the premise is skipped over to push their own agenda. Which is fine, but thats not really what the thread is about.

I kinda want to see how people thoughts about Cammy, Felicia's and Morrigan's designs.

Would be an interesting topic for discussion, but this is an internet forum.

shrugs

Village

the level of crazy has reached new heights in the fighting games need less fanservice thread

Hey man sometimes you have to pull bullshit fuck boi science that stereotypes an entire gender out of your ass to explain why fictional women designed a lot of times by men are dressed to be ogled a lot of the time, and why in many cases there is very little variation.

And then when someone takes that into consideration and makes conscious changes to designs, or considers such things. You must accuse said person of censorship , and being a social studies warrior.

( that post you quoted encapsulates so many problems, I haven't seen some shit do that since " do not consort with foreigners" )

MrCarter

WLIJHdI.jpg

This was hilarious. He's a champion at both Jenga and EVO.

NEO0MJ

From what I've seen and heard about UNIEL, it seems that I would enjoy it more over BB. But I also want to be able to find matches. I guess I'll wait and see how many people pick up UNIEL ST this week and it also helps that i'm on the west coast.

That might be a good idea.

Anne

Wait on UNI. I'm probably one of the more hardcore UNI players that still exist, but the netcode in the last port was atrocious and getting matches was impossible. I love the game to death, but oh boy was that rough. If it shakes out a bit better I'd look into it.

BBCF also has subpar netcode, but it's kind of manageable while UNI was straight unplayable. I personally like UNI as a game more than BB, but I can actually fight humans in BB so I end up playing it a lot more.

Airbar

Neo Member
So now that my finals are done and all that is still left for my second undergrad degree is a thesis due in January, what is a good ass anime game to get into for someone both new to (modern) fighting games and who doesn't particularly care for anime. From what I've seen GG speaks the most to me but I always read that it is fucking hard. And watching (did only catch this of the ArkSys games) BB Top 8 at EVO just confirmed what I've heard of ArkSys games.

As I type this I'm downloading T7 on Steam, do you think it is even worth it to start/get two games if I'm just getting back into fighting games? Just as a point of reference, my last fighting games was probably Tekken Tag 1. I did get Skullgirls 2nd and USF4 for PS4 and did fiddle around with them for a time but pad can only get you so far in SF and Skullgirls was hard for me. Tho I really liked their tutorials.

So now that my finals are done and all that is still left for my second undergrad degree is a thesis due in January, what is a good ass anime game to get into for someone both new to (modern) fighting games and who doesn't particularly care for anime. From what I've seen GG speaks the most to me but I always read that it is fucking hard. And watching (did only catch this of the ArkSys games) BB Top 8 at EVO just confirmed what I've heard of ArkSys games.

As I type this I'm downloading T7 on Steam, do you think it is even worth it to start/get two games if I'm just getting back into fighting games? Just as a point of reference, my last fighting games was probably Tekken Tag 1. I did get Skullgirls 2nd and USF4 for PS4 and did fiddle around with them for a time but pad can only get you so far in SF and Skullgirls was hard for me. Tho I really liked their tutorials.
Grats on your degree.

My advice is to watch a Grand Finals for any games that interest you and see how they move and flow. If a game jumps out at you, look at its roster and see if a character seems appealing. Look up gameplay of that character.

I tend to believe that interest is more important than ease of play. I spent weeks in training mode getting Nine's bnb down because I really like her, but I can't be asked to learn Arakune's combos because he just turns me off so much when I use him.

Line_HTX

Didn't realize Under Night Super Turbo is coming out tomorrow. I remember there was a time where both UltraDavid and PRRog played and talked about UNIEL a lot.

NEO0MJ

Hey Anne, what are the odds that Jubei will be released in an EX version of CF? It's making me hold out on buying it for PC.

Didn't realize Under Night Super Turbo is coming out tomorrow. I remember there was a time where both UltraDavid and PRRog played and talked about UNIEL a lot.

Yeah but it's the Japanese release. Localized version will arrive later in the year.

MrCarter

BadWolf

where's the reaction shot for the Abigail reveal?

Guessing there wasn't much of one considering how many reaction vids we have gotten for Geese and Trunks.

Iirc someone mentioned in the Evo thread that the reaction to both Abigail and Jedah was very subdued.

Skilletor

Guessing there wasn't much of one considering how many reaction vids we have gotten for Geese and Trunks.

Iirc someone mentioned in the Evo thread that the reaction to both Abigail and Jedah was very subdued.

There was hardly anybody in the arena for Jedah.

People got excited for Abigail's super, but it wasn't anywhere near Geese level.

It definitely was not Geese levels of excitement. It was more a "What the heck is this?" that then transitioned to into "Yo ok, this is interesting."

Felt like most of the arena was confused but interested. At least thats how I felt.

It definitely was not Geese levels of excitement. It was more a "What the heck is this?" that then transitioned to into "Yo ok, this is interesting."

Felt like most of the arena was confused but interested. At least thats how I felt.

Makes sense, new character vs. returning character. I don't know what people expect for a reaction really, who's going to be having some ecstatic reaction to a character they've never seen?

Pompadour

It didn't compare to Geese, certainly. People seemed to enjoy Abigail more than I expected. Prior to the reveal I thought people might straight up boo the character.

MrCarter

Chocoblanka was the real MVP of this. All the guys were freaking out and she would pull a brick out like it was no problem.

She's so sweet. When the Smash guys had Tokido, Choco and Diago doing the dab (they literally had no clue what it was) on the camera I lost my shit. Too funny.

Anne

Hey Anne, what are the odds that Jubei will be released in an EX version of CF? It's making me hold out on buying it for PC.

I'm out of the loop on ASW illuminati info atm, but last I heard they were done withrequiring full disc upgrades. I'm willing to bet that they'll do the "upgrade package DLC" thing that they did with Rev 2 that comes with Jubei + whatever content and rebalance.

Top Bottom