• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

Dereck

cXOVIGR.gif

Line_HTX

Darkness has set in. Safe to say I am frame trapped, BUT it's not getting worse either and still not halfway close up the slope to my front door. Going to ride it out through the night.

shaowebb

Amateur TOs there. They should be dumpstering anime FGs at the event to make the big dollar esports games look good, not making everything look clown shoes.
Screw that noise. Equal presentation for all events is the way it should be. Let the titles without the marketing machines stand on their own merit and let the communities sink or swim without giving them the excuse that the TO buried them and not their own community turnout effort.

Pushing games over others without regard for gameplay merit and burying others based on them not looking like your old big name series is some straight up Vince McMahon levels of backwards push logic.

Bookem all with equal build up and let the most exciting tourney matches game series lead next year. No tourney at your event should be played on a garbage can offstream.

Did a quick search and didn't see it in the thread. Here's the OT for Absolver, open-world(ish) PVP fighting game. Timing looks a bit like Virtua Fighter, but you can build your own movelist.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgOVrCEoIao

Here's the OT

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1424318&highlight=absolver

Been playing it for a few days and I highly recommand it. Way more interesting than For Honor, there's a Virtua Fighter vibe in this (with some god hand and dark souls added).

Belker

Been playing it for a few days and I highly recommand it. Way more interesting than For Honor, there's a Virtua Fighter vibe in this (with some god hand and dark souls added).

Have you been on PC? In OT people are saying there are frate issues on PS4 and that the game stutters when people join the world.

Dahbomb

I am more surprised that Marvel 3 of all games is getting that good of a treatment. People are really banking on MVCI being esports?

I am more surprised that Marvel 3 of all games is getting that good of a treatment. People are really banking on MVCI being esports?

As long as Capcom supports it, there's no reason to think Infinite can't be about that $$$ for at least a year even if the game is hot garbage. If the game's good and has support, it can be a pillar like sfv is

Anne

I could be mistaken, but I know some people in the area and I'm under the impression Marvel has been popular in the region.

Anne

Tbf Aris did a lot more than backpedal and put in some effort to be a bit better. He's still pretty rough around the edges on some things, but it's a pretty big improvement.

I wouldn't fault anybody for not wanting to watch him still over that and some of the rough edges he still has. I'll still give credit where it's due.

IIRC Aris got a 6 month ban from Levelup commentary after Cross Assault. When he came back, he had majorly cleaned up his act. Superyan accepted his apology years ago and they're friends now. I don't know what more people want from him.

shaowebb

IIRC Aris got a 6 month ban from Levelup commentary after Cross Assault. When he came back, he had majorly cleaned up his act. Superyan accepted his apology years ago and they're friends now. I don't know what more people want from him.

I dont want anything from him. He burned a bridge. It was for me and to some others a line you couldn't uncross. Simple as that. I make no demands on him because I'm done with him after that. Some people don't compromise on that issue or other ones of a similar nature. Some folks find him entertaining or likable enough to move on. Thats fine by me. I just simply dont care about him anymore after that and am not one of them. He's an eyeroll followed by a stream change for me.

He can be for other folks whatever they want to see him as.

It was years ago, I forget how. I know at one time he had some militant mods.

You might be able to message one of the mods and ask for an unban. Multiple times I've gone onto a twitch channel and when I try to type something it says I'm banned. No clue how or why or when I got banned. I've always gotten unbanned when I asked.

He's back living in NYC yea, he's still working for X split too.

This is exciting news.

shaowebb

This is no longer an issue and everyone involved sorted everything out. Fucking move on already, fuck.

Dont have to man. Dont care if he's popular or whatever. Dont care if you hate me for it either.
Its not even a hatred thing from me. I just dont pay attention to folks after stuff like that and stop caring. Remember...I live in WV and am adamantly NOT willing to put up with more of the stuff I grew up around. Not compromising out here takes a lot. I dont budge is how I keep that stuff out of my life. Sexism, racism, stuff on religion or sexuality...I dont feel for folks who fall into any of those sides even for awhile. Had to deal with too much of it and I still deal with too much of it on the daily being involved in a coal area industrial career.

Its okay. You can all move on without me. I'm fine with other folks still giving him the time of day and whatever. I'm just not going to be one of them. Hit too close to something very very important in my life that I am not going to make exceptions on.

It doesn't appear that way when you are the only one responding to the post mentioning Aris.

Statement of fact on how I felt is all. I plan on paying attention to MVCI, but I dont plan on paying attention to Aris. It was a cringe moment for me. I wouldn't be happy if the scene became one that was largely commentated by him at the majors and if it had a Cross Assault show with him. I'd like to get to enjoy some tournaments and it just wouldn't be something I could enjoy very well on mute or trying to watch on other channels.

Anne

This is no longer an issue and everyone involved sorted everything out. Fucking move on already, fuck.

Again, you can't really fault people for being uncomfortable that it happened in the first place. It's not a "real" issue in the sense that things have healed up enough for him to not be a general detriment to the scene by showing up, but be realistic about the feelings people got from experiencing it at the time. I don't think it's entirely unreasonable for people to see Aris on a stream and still be uncomfortable about him. It's just never going to go away.

I think it's fine as long as people aren't trying to get more repercussions to happen years later.

FWIW, I also don't think it's in good tastes to make too many jokes about that incident at Aris' expense at this point. I should've looked at the posters name who brought it up tbh.

shaowebb

Again, you can't really fault people for being uncomfortable that it happened in the first place. It's not a "real" issue in the sense that things have healed up enough for him to not be a general detriment to the scene by showing up, but be realistic about the feelings people got from experiencing it at the time. I don't think it's entirely unreasonable for people to see Aris on a stream and still be uncomfortable about him. It's just never going to go away.

I think it's fine as long as people aren't trying to get more repercussions to happen years later.

FWIW, I also don't think it's in good tastes to make too many jokes about that incident at Aris' expense at this point. I should've looked at the posters name who brought it up tbh.
Thanks for that and I agree. If he's moved on let him. If I wont...let me or the others who cant. Some things are uncomfortable enough to just leave the topic to die and let folks sort out for themselves.

Just want to throw this out, because this is relating to the Farewell to UMVC3 tournament that Jakoman, bblue15, and I are hosting next week on Sept. 8th, because we got a article posted about it on Kotaku!

If you want to check it out, here it is right here.

Also, if anyone still wants to sign up, the sign up link is here.

The sign up is free, and there are $300+ in cash prizes, and a copy of MVCI for the PS4!

Top Bottom