• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

Somebody on the Injustice 2 Roster thread speculated that they might reveal Joker on April 1st.

And now I'll just be disappointed when that doesn't happen.

mbpm1

fRokNoz.jpg

How was the new format? I heard that there were way more commercials than playing the matches.

Also Marn face.

I wasn't paying too close attention to the stream, but they were all TV timeouts so the interruptions weren't as crazy long as some other events. The replay/player commentary took up a hella lot of time though

Baleoce

I think I've had a bit of a realisation as to why I've hit a wall in regards to improvement lately (for perspective I'm talking in regard to the SF series, but I guess the principle is not restricted to that game):

I think I tend to gravitate towards fireball characters, and then use those fireballs primarily in footsies instead of thinking of them as complimentary to footsies, and not focusing anywhere near enough as I should on my buttons / movement, if that makes sense at all. It makes me want to just ditch fireball characters and play someone without them, in order to get past that and realise the importance of spacing without a fireball. Can anyone else relate to that?

shaowebb

I think I've had a bit of a realisation as to why I've hit a wall in regards to improvement lately (for perspective I'm talking in regard to the SF series, but I guess the principle is not restricted to that game):

I think I tend to gravitate towards fireball characters, and then use those fireballs primarily in footsies instead of thinking of them as complimentary to footsies, and not focusing anywhere near enough as I should on my buttons / movement, if that makes sense at all. It makes me want to just ditch fireball characters and play someone without them, in order to get past that and realise the importance of spacing without a fireball. Can anyone else relate to that?
Well if you're a fan of Juri you got your wish in street fighter v. Bye bye fireballs.

I wanna improve with Alex, but I keep using him like a traditional grappler instead of using all of his tools. It's like some weird mental block.

Kumubou

bgja2rw.gif

labbin last night
Did you test this against all of her options after sweep? 2K+G into ten'chi is "only" -8, and if your punish needs the recovery CH state to work, you won't get the combo starter is she does sweep -> ten'chi -> step forward. You'll hit her (if she doesn't manage to high crush it), but only on NH. She may also end up evading outright by using the side step, and the attack either may whiff outright or cause an awkward juggle state on back step.

:3

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Did you test this against all of her options after sweep? 2K+G into ten'chi is "only" -8, and if your punish needs the recovery CH state to work, you won't get the combo starter is she does sweep -> ten'chi -> step forward. You'll hit her (if she doesn't manage to high crush it), but only on NH. She may also end up evading outright by using the side step, and the attack either may whiff outright or cause an awkward juggle state on back step.

:3

Works vs tenchi because it's a 2-handed move

fGMqGzU.gif

I can try step cancels but there aren't many frames for her to work with here.

Fitts

Hey y'all. I need this arcade marquee cropped to a specific size and I don't have Photoshop. I have to get it to 31.5" x 6.75". What are my options?

Top Bottom