• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Apr 27 - May 3 | NeoGAF actually plays games?!

fader

jbxDLj8qgjnnyA.png

Fuck me... I did.

31qtrd3.png

Tripon

I also think that the sport being a 1 on 1 challenge hurts it in that most people don't have the feeling of belonging or attachment that they feel with sports teams.

Eh, I don't know about that. People love seeing Serena Williams in Tennis, or Tiger in Golf. Never mind how people react when somebody like JWong gets on stream, lol.

smurfx

get some go again
Boxing isn't "dead" just like the Kentucky Derby isn't dead. It just isn't popular aside from these once in a few years marquee match ups.
boxing will never be dead to me as long as there are mexican boxers. wish more people paid attention to them since they are usually the most exciting. plus boxing is doing pretty well in europe as well. it's far from dead but the boxing promoters need to build up more american boxers.

Deps

Boxing isn't "dead" just like the Kentucky Derby isn't dead. It just isn't popular aside from these once in a few years marquee match ups.

Popular compared to what exactly?

Boxing is a ppv/money based sport now, has been for a while and on that end it's more popular than ever.

As for marquee match ups, Floyd and Manny aren't the only big draws.

Klitschko, Froch, Amir and Frampton are huge in Europe, and America has many prospects/stars that are pulling good numbers and looking to take Floyd/Mannys spot.

NEO0MJ

Eh, I don't know about that. People love seeing Serena Williams in Tennis, or Tiger in Golf. Never mind how people react when somebody like JWong gets on stream, lol.

Those players are exceptions though, and people knew of Tiger even if they never watched or cared about Golf.

And Jwong is only popular among the FGC, which is probably the smallest of the major competitive gaming communities.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
LOL there is never going to be another Manny and Mayweather. They are one in a lifetime. Manny has the Asian community not just the Philippines behind him and Mayweather is a marketing genius who did his thing from day one. No one is looking to take their spots. The crappiest seat in this event went for no less than $5k.

Seyavesh

no marvel stream for teams at kvoxtsb awww man

i wanna watch team "a beautiful world without vergil" (バージルがいない美しい世界) win it all

i really hope #24 is on that team

Mr. X

LOL there is never going to be another Manny and Mayweather. They are one in a lifetime. Manny has the Asian community not just the Philippines behind him and Mayweather is a marketing genius who did his thing from day one. No one is looking to take their spots. The crappiest seat in this event went for no less than $5k.

Preach. Mayweather plays such a good heel too.

Rhapsody

Banned
the dream is dead! Tsujikawa turned it up god dammit

supposedly Jiyuna was DQ'ed out of Persona?

Yeah, lot of bad DQs due to miscommunication. I think it was because he was commentating.

Biter got DQ'ed in Persona because he tried to tell them he had to play a BB match. They didn't understand lol

Deps

"one in a lifetime"
"there is never going to be another _ and _"

Sounds awfully familiar, but there are boxers already pulling what Floyd pulled when he started, like Canelo. He's being built up by Goldenboy to be their next star. His first ppv was a huge success and he has Mexico behind him, which is by far the biggest boxing fan base in the world.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
The fact that he already has a loss means he's not going to be another Mayweather. And that loss was by Mayweather himself.

Popular compared to what exactly?

Boxing is a ppv/money based sport now, has been for a while and on that end it's more popular than ever.

As for marquee match ups, Floyd and Manny aren't the only big draws.

Klitschko, Froch, Amir and Frampton are huge in Europe, and America has many prospects/stars that are pulling good numbers and looking to take Floyd/Mannys spot.

GGG

"You have meter, you can react, might as well."

STAHP BibleThump

Gamespot Versus is streaming 3S again :O
Lots of character variety this time too, Vanao playing Ryu and not only Oro. Some Hugo played wrecking ball some time ago too.
www.twitch.tv/game_versus

EDIT: Hm, probably winding down, it's getting late in Japan.

EDIT2: Nope, we still have games!

Top Bottom