• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 16-22

Riposte

Dat Smash Bros. Hypocrisy.

Yes, I know it's not exactly the same.

Indeed. Smash Bros was designed from the ground up so that players can freely mod the rule-set to their liking while SFxTK doesn't even allow you to turn them off, only play with the slots empty.

:3

Toski

Might as well cancel the tournament and have Skull Girls replace it.

Skullgirls should take SFxT's spot at EVO. I would definitely go to EVO if SFxT was 1v1, but the hate made it 2v2 out of some misguided play to help it get hype. SFxT should sit out a year as a main game while Capcom fixes/patches it (if they decide to).

Skullgirls should take SFxT's spot at EVO. I would definitely go to EVO if SFxT was 1v1, but the hate made it 2v2 out of some misguided play to help it get hype. SFxT should sit out a year as a main game while Capcom fixes/patches it (if they decide to).

So...you want a game that is not completed...to replace a game that already IS completed so it can get patches?

Toski

So...you want a game that is not completed...to replace a game that already IS completed so it can get patches?
Well they could bring back BlazBlue...
I'm sure you'd love that =)

The 2v2 decision was made to placate the audience/stream monsters, not that it was any actual benefit to the game and most SFxT players didn't want the game to be 2v2 at EVO.

So I say put Skullgirls, BlazBlue, MvC2, VF5, or any other "hype" game in its place.

And unless SFxT magically gets more popular, it is done past EVO 2012 anyway.

Well they could bring back BlazBlue...
I'm sure you'd love that =)

u3tYg.gif

I wouldn't object to having VF replace SFxT, if a replacement was even going to be considered. As long as Lion is on-screen at all times, then I'll be happy.

EVO 2013:

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Darkstalkers IV
Super Street Fighter 4 AE 2012
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Persona Arena
Virtua Fighter 5 FS/King of Fighters XIV

EVO 2014:

Darkstalkers IV: Night Warriors II
Tekken 7
XBLAZE
some new shit

Edgeward

Hey, how much is the venue fee for that? I may end up going if I talk myself out of staying in for UFC.

Since it's just casuals, I think it's just this. They didn't have a posting for today so I assume it's just the usual fee and not some tourney prices.

1 hour-$3.00 – Billed in 5 minute increments. 1 Hour Minimum.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Spooky is live with Savage Saturdays. KOF is on the stream
http://www.own3d.tv/teamspooky

Oh fuck I didn't even know they had KOF at Savage Saturdays. I would've gone.

EVO 2013:

Darkstalkers IV
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Persona Arena

EVO 2014:

Tekken 7
XBLAZE
some new shit

ibnNtEYgN7dTb.gif

kunonabi

EVO 2013:

Darkstalkers IV
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Persona Arena

EVO 2014:

Tekken 7
XBLAZE
some new shit

2013 lineup would be killer assuming Capcom doesn't screw up DS.

If they manage to throw off SFxTK I would be impressed. I mean nothing against the game, but I was under the impression that tournaments would always play the latest Capcom game no matter what.
Yeah, I was under the same impression, but it didn't matter to me as much now that we have so many games to play in our hands. It's cool to see people really looking at all their options now instead of just picking up the flavor of the month Capcom game. I'm not hating, I just want to see variety.
Whoa-O GAF, blow it up. Horse head on sale with free shipping, lol.
I gotta admit that I'm tempted by this. :lol
Skullgirls is complete whether or not you want to accept it.
So I say put Skullgirls, BlazBlue, MvC2, VF5, or any other "hype" game in its place.
BlazBlue is dead in this country. I'm just glad that Japan has an open mind about these things. ASW might be nearly dead if BB didn't have it's fans in the US, JP and EU regions. Sprite fighters cost money, they took a risk and they made a solid game, but lots of people just didn't accept it because it wasn't Guilty Gear.
EVO 2013:

Darkstalkers IV
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Persona Arena

EVO 2014:

Tekken 7
XBLAZE
some new shit
Skullgirls will make it to at least one EVO. Also, wtf at XBlaze. I don't even think that is a fighter. Capcom had better update UMvC3 too.

Riposte

People who dislike Skullgirls are are a little too vocal about it.

Also Evo 2014 is going to have Catherine 2, believe

People who dislike Skullgirls are are a little too vocal about it.

Also Evo 2014 is going to have Catherine 2, believe

Has nothing to do with like or dislike. I just don't see the game making it. You don't see me putting Jojo's HD up there.

Catherine 2 would be a dream.

Busaiku

BlazBlue is dead in this country. I'm just glad that Japan has an open mind about these things. ASW might be nearly dead if BB didn't have it's fans in the US, JP and EU regions. Sprite fighters cost money, they took a risk and they made a solid game, but lots of people just didn't accept it because it wasn't Guilty Gear.

I don't know about Continuum Shift and onwards, but Calamity Trigger did very, very well for ArcSys/Aksys.
It sold more than UMvC3 did (in the US).

Busaiku

Trying to dig it up now, but it was a scan citing NPD stating that it sold 350k.
Ok, found it, it's from MCV, so it's legit.

I don't know if I can post it though.
EDIT - Oh wait, they don't cite NPD.

Busaiku

Yeah, it's a scan, but the entire magazine is posted online.
I just don't know if the posting is legit or not.

Actually you know what, those are probably shipped figures anyways.

Top Bottom