• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 16-22

Azure J

DragonGod deserves this, he's playing the smartest against MorriDoom I've seen anyone approach it with. This is all just based on his "stay patient and body Doom assist play earlier on the stream--

Err, welp. :lol

Why is MK9 still relevant? I'm not trying to bash anyone's game but from the way it sounds it seems like a buggy mess.

Man, I'm so fucking tired of seeing Chris G. So boring to watch, lame as fuck. I wish he could get banned from tourneys

Only at Big Two. At majors he usually melt downs and those are the best parts!

Capcom needs to step up and make a patch to change SFxT. Make the stages smaller, slow down health recovery, and/or make a snap back mechanic.

DD-11

If SFxT doesn't get hype by EVO, I hope it gets dropped forever.

And I hope it happens. It's such a hype kill. The game is so tight that nothing exciting can happen. They played it too safe and were too scared of making a mistake.

Solune

Man, I'm so fucking tired of seeing Chris G. So boring to watch, lame as fuck. I wish he could get banned from tourneys

You sound salty.

I like seeing Chris G win, because people should be learning how to counter his team instead of mindlessly grinding without innovating. It's good for him to win, because that means the zoning meta game in marvel is still relevant. It's the equivalent of watching Sim in SF4 for me, except the only difference is I like to watch Sim lose.

ismk

When SFxT is on Big Two, viewers drop like mad. This game needs to be fixed because if it isn't, it's over.

iblh5H76MmDG7l.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Morrigan certainly isn't as interesting to watch anymore. It was hype as first but it's died down. It becomes literally Ikaruga. Changes the pace of the game from within a match, and it becomes a game of hard counters moreso than overarching strategic out-playing counters. Plus, the least interesting thing about spectating something is seeing it turn out the same way every time, I guess that's why people like watching Chris G lose. He's kind of regressed recently IMO. His new team puts all of his chips on the same character, which also isn't interesting because his old team was much more dynamic and played out more dynamically when push came to shove.

I love that it's an option in the game and Marvel's all about options, it just loses lots of it's spectating value. I respect it, but can't watch it, sorry.

ultim8p00

Banned
You sound salty.

I like seeing Chris G win, because people should be learning how to counter his team instead of mindlessly grinding without innovating. It's good for him to win, because that means the zoning meta game in marvel is still relevant. It's the equivalent of watching Sim in SF4 for me, except the only difference is I like to watch Sim lose.

Sim matches are usually entertaining to watch though. This is just boring. There is no strategy here. Fireball fireball fireball fireball, super, repeat, fly over there, fireball fireball fireball. I watch the EXACT SAME match ALL THE TIME. The only time I get excited seeing Chris G play is when someone is kicking his ass despite him being lame. I can't wait for her meter gain to get nerfed. I'm not saying it's cheap. I'm saying it's boring and tiring to watch.

MrDaravon

Morrigan certainly isn't as interesting to watch anymore. It was hype as first but it's died down. It becomes literally Ikaruga. Changes the pace of the game from within a match, and it becomes a game of hard counters moreso than overarching strategic out-playing counters. Plus, the least interesting thing about spectating something is seeing it turn out the same way every time, I guess that's why people like watching Chris G lose. He's kind of regressed recently IMO. His new team puts all of his chips on the same character, which also isn't interesting because his old team was much more dynamic and played out more dynamically when push came to shove.

I love that it's an option in the game and Marvel's all about options, it just loses lots of it's spectating value. I respect it, but can't watch it, sorry.

Pretty much this for me. Not saying he shouldn't pick her; you do what you need to when you're trying to win. But unless it's a major tournament when he gets on I go do something else for a few. Purely from a spectator standpoint is boring as fuck to watch, especially with how often I've seen it.

You sound salty.

The problem is it has been proven over and over that the top players can counter his team. So yeah, it works at Big two week after week but how does that help anybody?

I think I'm hooked on Girls Generation now. Where's that K-Pop thread? :(
I'm not saying it's cheap. I'm saying it's boring and tiring to watch.
Pretty much this for me. Not saying he shouldn't pick her; you do what you need to when you're trying to win. But unless it's a major tournament when he gets on I go do something else for a few. Purely from a spectator standpoint is boring as fuck to watch, especially with how often I've seen it.

Well he's not playing for you guys, he's playing for himself.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Morrigan is a lot like Phoenix (CALM DOWN) in the sense that when watching shit go down, the entire match is just waiting to see if someone has the hard counter or not and if they can execute it or not. I do not like any form of "the match actually begins now." It makes the match one dimensional, can't promote that either.

DD-11

The problem is it has been proven over and over that the top players can counter his team. So yeah, it works at Big two week after week but how does that help anybody?

Exactly, and it's just going to get easier to counter. It's not as if ChrisG can put more fireballs on screen.

Viewers dropped like a rock on Big Two. People can say what they want about Morrigan, but she doesn't kill the stream like that.

goddamn O_O
I still don't think morrigan should be nerfed.
It's hilarious because Doom's missiles may interrupt Chris G's opponents even more than Morrigan's fireballs. I saw missles hitting DragonGod out of combos and good positions several times and it doesn't get called out nearly as much as sou sou sou.

It's subtle, but not many people are catching on to that. Missles are so good considering they are available at the press of a single button compared to numerous flight cancels.

Missles>Sou sou sou

sleepykyo

When SFxT is on Big Two, viewers drop like mad. This game needs to be fixed because if it isn't, it's over.

It was over when Capcom announced the 12 characters before launch and they've reached their saturation point. As much some players request so and so old game, the truth of it is they're already getting stretched thin. And lord knows, if newer players can't handle SFxT, they aren't ready for a proper CvS3.

Between SF, MvC, SFxT, SC5, Skullgirls, a possible Guilty Gear/Blazblue, KoF13 and TTT2 everyone already knows which 2 or 3 games their playing.

It's hilarious because Doom's missiles may interrupt Chris G's opponents even more than Morrigan's fireballs. I saw missles hitting DragonGod out of combos and good positions several times and it doesn't get called out nearly as much as sou sou sou.

It's subtle, but not many people are catching on to that. Missles are so good considering they are available at the press of a single button compared to numerous flight cancels.

Missles>Sou sou sou

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: everyone's killing order should be Doom, Morrigan, ________.

i blame the victims. level up, NYC. Dudes getting away with the same shit every week and people are not adapting. Not his fault they're letting him take it for free.

El Sloth

Banned
It's just not fun to watch.
I play Ghostrider/Dorm in Marvel, lame Blanka in AE, and Peacock in Skullgirls.

What I'm trying to say is that I respek dat ish and enjoy watching dat ish.

I'd probably turtle up in RTS games too if I played them. I'm a lame ass dude.

They never really countered his team, whenever Chris G losses it's because of how lacking he is when his Morrigan goes down. As he improves on his Doom and Akuma it'll be harder and harder for people to beat him.

It was over when Capcom announced the 12 characters before launch and they've reached their saturation point. As much some players request so and so old game, the truth of it is they're already getting stretched thin. And lord knows, if newer players can't handle SFxT, they aren't ready for a proper CvS3.

Between SF, MvC, SFxT, SC5, Skullgirls, a possible Guilty Gear/Blazblue, KoF13 and TTT2 everyone already knows which 2 or 3 games their playing.

I hope if they are doing DS, it's next summer, and save SF5 for nextgen. New engine and all that cool stuff.

For me, there is so much stuff. Just gonna play mainly SC5, VF5, 3S, and maybe TTT2 by end of summer. Will get everything else just to mess around with of course.

Neo (MVC2) player was on FGTV stream the other day talking about his trip to Mexico. He said that people told him that Bala is only #5 in Mexico.

ismk

I hope either KOF13 or Skullgirls take the throne as the third fighter.

sleepykyo

I hope if they are doing DS, it's next summer, and save SF5 for nextgen. New engine and all that cool stuff.

For me, there is so much stuff. Just gonna play mainly SC5, VF5, 3S, and maybe TTT2 by end of summer. Will get everything else just to mess around with of course.

Yeah, people joke about the over saturation, but it is definitely happening.

Top Bottom