• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 16-22

El Sloth

Banned
So, what's the thing with Jared and the FGC? I've been out of the loop since January and there's no FGC tabloid for me to check.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I wouldnt want to be EMP Jared right now.
#Swag

So, what's the thing with Jared and the FGC? I've been out of the loop since January and there's no FGC tabloid for me to check.
Mr Jared was part of iPlaywinner... then he left. Got a job at twitch.tv and recently left the FGC for good.
He is a cool cat but he grew up too far from iPW and the FGC mentality.

El Sloth

Banned
Mr Jared was part of iPlaywinner... then he left. Got a job at twitch.tv and recently left the FGC for good.
He is a cool cat but he grew up too far from iPW and the FGC mentality.
Jared use to be a part of the FGC. Turned into a bitter man back stabbed the community.
Was it for a reason? Or was he just trying to make some sort of statement?

Or did he want to be part of the Starcraft/MOBA cool kids group?

sleepykyo

Jared was one of the community managers for HOME, went on to create podcast type stream with Haunts. And then left to work with Twitch. Kind of distanced himself from Haunts to appear impartial. That and some articles comparing fg commentary to starcraft gaming, etc. left a lot of people feeling betrayed.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Does Jaha even play anything anymore?
Dunno but he has a solid knowledge about every FG out there. Swag swag

I believe that he has some issues with some FGC folks and that he simply doesnt like the way the FGC is right now.

jbug617

Banned

I think he likes those communities better than fgc right now. Fishstix is more talkative to the fgc but he has his own problems with it also.

Jared was one of the community managers for HOME, went on to create podcast type stream with Haunts. And then left to work with Twitch. Kind of distanced himself from Haunts to appear impartial. That and some articles comparing fg commentary to starcraft gaming, etc. left a lot of people feeling betrayed.

Spooky said Jared used to talk shit about him on twitter and posts.

Fersis

Jared wanted the FGC to follow the #esports model/culture which simply is not going to happen.
Even if i disagree with him (And even agree with Mr Jared on some stuff) Im loyal to Lord Haunts to the death.

Fishstix is slowly becoming just as bad as Jared.
For them the FGC is just a freak act. They dislike it but we're good business for them.

Grecco

Jared was the first one who was on the FGC has to be like ESports bandwagon especially with his blog about how east coast commentary sucked.

El Sloth

Banned
Thanks for the replies, fellas. Sounds to me like Jared wanted the FGC to be more like the more popular competetive communities and went about it in a very dumb way. I'm sure his heart was in the right place, but his head doesn't seem like it was.

Dat FGC drama.
I'd love an FCG tabloid, lol
The community needs one to keep up with all the stuff that goes down every week.

iPlayTMZ
He could run the Japanese FGC focused tabloid. Dem Sako wife tweets.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I never liked Jared's concern trolling either, but I'd like people to be careful not to put words in his or anyone else's mouth.

ismk

WOW! EVERYONE is on blast today. Jared, Twitch, PerfectLegend, PowerUp venue, who's going to be up next? :lol

USD

Oops, had the old URL for Big Two from last week in the OP. I guess people know where it's normally streamed, but sorry about that.

Top Bottom