• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 23-29

I don't get Latif's sponsorships.
He never really went to many things when he was Broken Tier, and it seems like he's getting around even less after becoming Razer.

Razer seems to be following the usual ESports pattern of having zero idea as to what makes the FGC tick. They saw EVO, saw the top 2 and just wanted to sponsor them.

I think Fuudo and Itabashi are decent pickups, but I would have been looking at sponsoring big attention getters like Uryo and Haitani instead.

wonder if EG make Justin go to MLG because he would have a better chance winning ECT4 Marvel.

LOL don't forget Revelations is happening in the same weekend too..... would be hilarious if J Wong is forced to ditch both to get his asses kicked in MLG.

alstein

Razer seems to be following the usual ESports pattern of having zero idea as to what makes the FGC tick. They saw EVO, saw the top 2 and just wanted to sponsor them.

I think Fuudo and Itabashi are decent pickups, but I would have been looking at sponsoring big attention getters like Uryo and Haitani instead.

LOL don't forget Revelations is happening in the same weekend too..... would be hilarious if J Wong is forced to ditch both to get his asses kicked in MLG.

Maybe Razer is betting heavily on VF? I'd question that wisdom though I'd really appreciate their taste.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yo this LI Joe stream is something else.

Dark Souls is a game I really want but at the same time I know I won't play through it all or drop it due to frustration.

Dark Souls is a game I really want but at the same time I know I won't play through it all or drop it due to frustration.

Once you learn the mechanics, you realize that it's not really that cheap of a game. It becomes such that it's honestly one of the most satisfying games in which to succeed. Definitely my GOTY2011.

Edgeward

If you can handle the salt that comes with losing in Marvel you can endure Demon's/Dark Souls.

alstein

i really hope the infinites aren't the only thing they fix. this game is on life support and they need to do something to make it more fun.

I really don't know if SFxTK is fixable right now- I think it's now got super-negative momentum, to the point where people don't want to learn the game.

smurfx

get some go again
SFXT is fun to play. Braindead but fun. The game doesn't even take itself seriously.
well the game didn't do so well and when that happens it has to depend on the community to keep it alive so it can get sales over time but if the community keeps rejecting like they have then capcom can pretty much consider this game dead.

kirblar

well the game didn't do so well and when that happens it has to depend on the community to keep it alive so it can get sales over time but if the community keeps rejecting like they have then capcom can pretty much consider this game dead.
People wanted to like the game too- but there's just so, so much wrong with it right now.

Can you honestly blame them? They have been bitching about the game being S.Jab Fighter X Timeout, and Capcom's response is to release a bunch of gems, many of them being stupidly broken. You know that this game has no future the moment Tougeki would rather put in UMvC3 than this game.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
The game has a identity crisis. It doesn't really know what it is supposed to be. It tries to be many things and doesn't excel at any of them.

sephi22

Isn't there something called Pure Honest Sundays on IPW for cvs2 and kof13 on sundays? I saw the banner on the norcal ko stream archive. Didn't see it in the OP

smurfx

get some go again
i think i'm starting to get burned out on non weekly streams. i used to tune into non tournament streams but its all gotten tired and lame. the fake drama is actually starting to get to me.

USD

AmalgameTV is live now, announcing the current vote standings for KVOxGODS:

http://www.twitch.tv/frieda0914

1. OGTY
2. ABEGEN
3. Sunahebi
4. kubo
5. G.X
6. Nemo
7. Frieda
8. RF
9. JEO
10. Mame Spider

Voting is open until Sunday JST, so be sure to get in your daily votes.

zlatko

Banned
So with all the Persona 4 Arena stuff this week, I wanted to go research a little more into the game over on Shoryuken.com... you know that fighting game site, for fighting games?

Not a sticky game thread. Not an extra in the fighting games thread. Not in the off topic games thread. Nothing. Zero.

Seriously? Fucking keeps proving the point that SRK is a joke site to visit. :/ It'd make a lot more sense to get rid of the quick sticky for Tatsunoko vs Capcom, and replace it with P4 now.

i think i'm starting to get burned out on non weekly streams. i used to tune into non tournament streams but its all gotten tired and lame. the fake drama is actually starting to get to me.

I've burned out on them as well. Its getting to be too much now. I just watch tourny streams

So with all the Persona 4 Arena stuff this week, I wanted to go research a little more into the game over on Shoryuken.com... you know that fighting game site, for fighting games?

Not a sticky game thread. Not an extra in the fighting games thread. Not in the off topic games thread. Nothing. Zero.

Seriously? Fucking keeps proving the point that SRK is a joke site to visit. :/ It'd make a lot more sense to get rid of the quick sticky for Tatsunoko vs Capcom, and replace it with P4 now.
SRK is mostly Capcom and it seems like Dustloop will be the main site for the game.
It's not like they are necessary. There are like 2-3 good weekly streams alone now(not counting monthlies and majors). I get more than enough on the non tournament side of things with Maximilian's youtube shows and Ultrachen TV too.

Also, there are like over 9000 fighting games available now.

Chavelo

Don't go to SRK for non-capcom games, Z! D:

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?172-Persona-4-Arena - Dustloop - P4 Arena
http://dreamcancel.com/ - KOF
http://www.orochinagi.com/ - KOF

If you can, don't go to SRK for anything... just the character specific subforums and tech talk, if that. :D

There is a huge thread on the game in fgd section. Its one of the most active threads on there.

zlatko

Banned
There is a huge thread on the game in fgd section. Its one of the most active threads on there.

I must be blind. I tried to find it, no dice. Link?

Yeah, I haven't really went to dustloop since vanilla BB, and never went back much. Their site is super clean now and well done. Good on them.

Yosuke for top tier! <3

I must be blind. I tried to find it, no dice. Link?

Yeah, I haven't really went to dustloop since vanilla BB, and never went back much. Their site is super clean now and well done. Good on them.

Yosuke for top tier! <3

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/persona-4-the-ultimate-in-mayonaka-arena.144869/page-26

FGD even has threads for MLP and DFO, haha. There are alot of threads for random fighting games in FGD. I don't mind SRK much, but I just go to tech talk and FGD, and the marketplace sometimes.

Top Bottom