• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Dec 1-7 | Guest characters are banned

Dahbomb

HOLY FUCKING SHIT SFV!

I tried to post in the main thread for it but it's swarmed with console war bull shit.

I really like the new artstyle and it's a considerable jump up visually from SF4. I really like Chun Li's design in this as compared to SF4. Not sure why they kept the paint brushes though.

Curious to hear about the mechanics.

I TOLD YOU GUYS THAT ONO WILL DELIVER!

Since the sfv teaser thread is about exclusivity i'll atay in here. I wish capcom would have went for more of an xrd style. I mean serioysly capcpom....wtf.

Hyped regardless though. I remember the sf4 teaser thread.

If they were to go the cel-shaded route I would hope they would save it for a possible Rival Schools revival (a pipe dream I know).

However, I would have LOVED to see them try to go with an art direction that could near perfectly capture an image by Akiman, Ikeno, Kinu, Bengus or even Shinkiro.

Also, SFV is trending world wide

sfvtrend.jpg

I hope the initial cast isn't just SF2 the OTHER New Challengers like arcade SFIV was.

fader

If they were to go the cel-shaded route I would hope they would save it for a possible Rival Schools revival (a pipe dream I know).

However, I would have LOVED to see them try to go with an art direction that could near perfectly capture an image by Akiman, Ikeno, Kinu, Bengus or even Shinkiro.

Also, SFV is trending world wide

sfvtrend.jpg

I hope the initial cast isn't just SF2 the OTHER New Challengers like arcade SFIV was.

Thanks WWE

Dawgtanian told me at IVGC this year that the Hadoken Cabs thing was a one off thing that Sony asked them out of the blue about.

I think I was trolled, guys.

Dahbomb

Capcom just filed a DD Online trademark.

Combined with the DMC trademark.....

Is Capcom back? Ono actually gonna deliver on the goods?

I don't know if I'd use the word considerable.
Compared to T7 it definitely is. I guess SF4 was never really impressive to begin with graphically and now the shadows/lightings are so much improved that it actually feels at least like a late gen PS3 game as compared to a late gen Xbox game.

Nyoro SF

Wow, woke up to SF5.

However my first thought was that Capcom repurposed an EVO trailer just for SF5, lol.

I'm digging the art style. It looks like a darker Tatsunoko vs Capcom, which is one of my all-time favorite fighting games. I'm also really happy it's coming to PC (seriously, thank you Capcom ;_;). All I ask for is release date parity, not-broken online, a good game. Not in that order.

One thing that appears to have completely missed everyone in the news thread - it's people port begging versus happy Playstation fans in there - is that this is a SF game that has been announced at the very start as a title for PC. Right up there. No little Steam logo in the bottom right.

I'll be getting the PC version day 1. Don't fail me Capcom/Dimps!

gutabo

Their boob physics expert is too busy working in Jill.

Fixed, I don't think they have the paypah for more.

Dawgtanian told me at IVGC this year that the Hadoken Cabs thing was a one off thing that Sony asked them out of the blue about.

I think I was trolled, guys.

At least it wasn't a concerned troll.

Anyone know where I can find a working link of the teaser?

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2btrpp_street-fighter-v-teaser-trailer_videogames

Did I tell you guys how I LOVE the edit window working now?

Kikujiro

One thing that appears to have completely missed everyone in the news thread - it's people port begging versus happy Playstation fans in there - is that this is a SF game that has been announced at the very start as a title for PC. Right up there. No little Steam logo in the bottom right.

I'll be getting the PC version day 1. Don't fail me Capcom/Dimps!

Capcom really want that moba F2P money, the game is definitely going to have a F2P option, as long as we get the standard full edition I'm totally fine.

Trickster

HOLY FUCKING SHIT SFV!

I tried to post in the main thread for it but it's swarmed with console war bull shit.

I really like the new artstyle and it's a considerable jump up visually from SF4. I really like Chun Li's design in this as compared to SF4. Not sure why they kept the paint brushes though.

I think it's a nice visual effect that's not very different in it's purpose than the particle explosions in something like tekken. It's a satisfying visual effect that helps add "omph" to moves. Don't really see the need to reinvent every small part of the series each time a new sequel comes out

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Heh, it leaked a bit early.
Knew about it for two weeks. :)
Didn't know it would be for PC as well, though.
Apparently, they're aiming for a 2016 release, and they are still unsure about the pricing model (heard they are looking at KI *very closely*).

I suppose we'll get a little bit more info next week during Capcom Cup.

I have a feeling that the release date is more likely to happens somewhen during Feb or March 2016.

I found your last comment very interesting. I'm fine with them trying something new but I'm not sure if I would like to wait few years to get the characters that I want to play.

I'm pretty sure that Zangief is priority grappler for Street Fighter but I would like to see Hakan, Hugo and Thawk tho but it might take few years for me to see one of those three characters become available in SFV.

Horseress

So amazing they put tournament footage and top players on the first ever trailer of a new Street Fighter game. Ricky, Infiltration, Viscant (lol), Poongko, Daigo...we are sooo eSports

I know folks who love ASW's and Namco Bandai's fighters are going to disagree - but man, this is the biggest megaton to hit the FGC since Mahvel 3 was revealed.

Actually, no, this is the biggest megaton to hit the FGC since SF4's reveal.

kirblar

As a PC owner, I'm real happy about the exclusivity since it means they'll probably be simultaneous. (Well, a man can hope, anyway.)

Teaser definitely evokes SF3, kind of expecting some of the "skipped" cast to return. Would also think that they're probably willing to shave characters (Honda) this time from the original roster.

Would also think that they're probably willing to shave characters (Honda) this time from the original roster.

If they got cut from SFxT, they're probably no-hopers for this version.

Let's not do the wishlists yet, though!

Rufus, Capcom, please. I know he's one of the least played characters in SF4. But you put him in SFxT. He's cool. He's fun. He's my character. Pls. :(

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
HOLY FUCKING SHIT SFV!

Yep, that's a main reason why I went ahead and make SFV roster thread because I don't really want to post in main thread with those tensions.

From the other thread:

It's not "EXACTLY LIKE SFIV" like some people are assuming....it looks better

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that models and backgrounds are still in early work so I'm looking forward to see final version.

kirblar

If they got cut from SFxT, they're probably no-hopers for this version.

Let's not do the wishlists yet, though!

Rufus, Capcom, please. I know he's one of the least played characters in SF4. But you put him in SFxT. He's cool. He's fun. He's my character. Pls. :(
Abel/Juri are the ones I would be shocked to not see back. The others are in "a matter of taste" territory.

kirblar

I believe Viper has a better chance of getting back than any other SFIV character
Those two play like traditional "Street Fighter" characters and can be used pretty much regardless of what the SF5 system mechanics are. The others (Hakan especially) might run into issues on that front.

Definitely a Capcom Cup trailer.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT SFV!

Lmao the fucking one time ONO decides to deliver.....

Azure J

It looks like 4 and marvel got smushed together.

Not seeing the Marvel there at all unless we're talking the seemingly OTT air sequence from Chun on Ryu. The color palette and character design isn't there.

I kinda wish if it looked more like Xrd with Third Strike like character designs, but this is cool looking too.

Dahbomb

My biggest wishes for mechanic changes are one frame links having a buffer, no more plinking nonsense, reduce amount of OSs, redo the input system (no more getting random DPs for trying to throw out a cr.MK Fireball) and tone down/rework/remove Focus Attacks and Ultras.

Top Bottom