• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Dec 1-7 | Guest characters are banned

Horseress

it's exactly like sfiv.

image.php

Nyoro SF

I hope they bring back as little as possible and try to make something brand new. I've gotten to the age where clinging to the past annoys me.

I hope over 80% of the roster is new. I hope all the stages are new and aren't based on anything in the past. I hope that returning characters have reworked special moves with different motions.

Village

Not seeing the Marvel there at all unless we're talking the seemingly OTT air sequence from Chun on Ryu. The color palette and character design isn't there.

I kinda wish if it looked more like Xrd with Third Strike like character designs, but this is cool looking too.

Chun Li' face and the coloring kind of reminds me of the night stages in marvel 3

Great design, stupid gameplay.

Keep her in Marvel tbh

I really like how weird viper plays.

I go to bed and I miss the hype around the announcement, god damn sleep... I hope they make it play like SFA3 without all the brokeness of course. I want legit juggle combos back (like guys SFA3 combos).

Nyoro SF

Seriously though, the intern that didn't check off "private" when uploading the trailer... they're probably facing the firing squad as we speak. Imagine walking into work at Friday morning and the bossmen are sitting at your desk when you get there.

Seriously though, the intern that didn't check off "private" when uploading the trailer... they're probably facing the firing squad as we speak. Imagine walking into work at Friday morning and the bossmen are sitting at your desk when you get there.
It's incredible how often this stuff happens, too. You'd think that companies would change their policies somehow.

On the other hand, I could see this being an intentional leak if we have DMC5 and DD2 tomorrow. It would spread the hype out.

Maybe Capcom is just trying to help NeoGAF from crashing tomorrow.

Kalamari

It's like they borrowed from SFIV as much as they could while trying to hide the fact that they borrowed from SFIV. It doesn't look different enough to say they have a new art direction, it just looks like changed the models a little and added darker shadows.

Hey everyone I'm new to GAF and Fighting Games Weekly I hope we can all be friends did you guys see that leaked SF5 trailer that sure was nifty keen huh?

Its surprising how much like this happens especially with outside vendors. Dropbox is not secure, do not put stuff on your own home laptop, no you cannot put it on unencrypted laptop.

Kikujiro

It's incredible how often this stuff happens, too. You'd think that companies would change their policies somehow.

On the other hand, I could see this being an intentional leak if we have DMC5 and DD2 tomorrow. It would spread the hype out.

Maybe Capcom is just trying to help NeoGAF from crashing tomorrow.

It could only happen if the intern is someone who is totally oblivious about the gaming industry and his own company. I mean if you work for Capcom you should know that uploading the teaser of freaking Street Fighter V is going to be a big deal, so you should pay extra attention before hitting the button.

Busaiku

Though it messes with Capcom's plans, this works out far more in their favor.
People are talking about it now.

When it would've been announced on Sautrday/Sunday, it would've been buried by the return of The Last Guardian and Dragon Quest XI.

Infinite

Upon second viewing the visuals look good actually. The cartoony designs from SF4 are dropped so things look a bit slicker and polished as of now.

I hope they bring back as little as possible and try to make something brand new. I've gotten to the age where clinging to the past annoys me.

I hope over 80% of the roster is new. I hope all the stages are new and aren't based on anything in the past. I hope that returning characters have reworked special moves with different motions.

Not gonna happen. 3rd Strike killing off Street Fighter for a decade is why SF4 is the way it is. There's no real reason to not bring back people's favorite characters. It's a fighting game, not an RPG. Story doesn't matter, characters are just conduits for people to express themselves through a playstyle. If you cut Dhalsim, you either need another character just like him or you need to keep people who like playing him from playing your game. What's the point of either?

If you want to know who's in the game, I'd bet anyone here a hundred bucks that every single one of these characters makes the cut for the first release of the game:

8e22e7b2450d8108369b3r5c8e.jpg

zlatko

Banned
Is this where the actual discussion of the trailer is going on, and not turning into a console war topic?

Any chance of big community heads doing a stream together for a "conference" of sorts today?

Spooky, Arturo, Gootecks, Mike Ross, J wong, Floe, K Brad, etc etc all one one stream talking to each other about the hype!

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
The difference from 4 to 5 is way more noticeable than the difference from alpha to 3.

the differences (or lake thereof) are comparable, but I certainly wouldn't say that 4->5 is "way more noticeable". i see your point but maintain that 4->5 is the most minute change, which is disappointing to me because previous numbered entries stirred the pot considerably.

Laconic

Banned
More detail, same wire frames, same fugly style, same Abobo dudes, and Chun with Abobo hands.

Less HGH, more pleasing asthethics, please, Cacpcom.

xCobalt

B4GPO5xCQAAQ0ox.jpg

We probably need more gameplay footage but I feel like there is a bigger difference.

the differences (or lake thereof) are comparable, but I certainly wouldn't say that 4->5 is "way more noticeable". i see your point but maintain that 4->5 is the most minute change, which is disappointing to me because previous numbered entries stirred the pot considerably.

Yeah I see where you're coming from. Since I'm fine with the art style, it'll really come down to the game mechanics for me.

If it's complete shit, I'll still buy it anyways.

Top Bottom