• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Dec 15-21 | I did the math; it came out to 500,000

Imm0rt4l

They didn't even make gouken into an animal. What is he supposed to be?

gouken.jpg
A tengu

Waaaaaaccckk

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Maybe something about the Riptor reveal trailer and gameplay stream tomorrow and her release on Wednesday. Source.
Better than the empty OP, I guess. I'll throw it in there ASAP. Thanks!

I couldn't help but notice Pokken is not included in the upcoming releases section. That's still coming out in arcades next year, right?
Made a conscious decision to not include arcade-only games (except for Tekken 7, which has been heavily implied to hit a console, and as far as I can tell there's been nothing about Pokken yet even though most of us would expect it) in that list, since it's not really that relevant to most of us here.

If there are any discrepancies in the list that anyone sees, please let me know. Did a little clean up this week but nothing major.

I would love if there was a mecha dlc, like mecha gief, or akuma in cyberbots. Just turn them all into robots.
Certainly sounds more palatable and attractive than furry DLC, that's for sure.

What exactly is Just Defend and how does it work? I remember it from a long time ago in an SNK(?) game, but that's about it. I tried to search for it, but I got "Why Did Obama Just Defend the Iraq War?".

I didn't even know Obama played fighters at elite level.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
What exactly is Just Defend and how does it work? I remember it from a long time ago in an SNK(?) game, but that's about it. I tried to search for it, but I got "Why Did Obama Just Defend the Iraq War?".

Just Defend is almost the same shit as a parry but you do it by pressing back instead of forward.

Dear lord, how do you people play charge characters?
1) Hold down-back to charge.
2) Wait patiently.
3) Ugh, they're turtling too!
4) Walk forward and lose your charge.
5) Poke ineffectively for a while; maybe get in a hit, or get counterhit. If there's enough lag, leap in and go for a grab.
6) Did you get counterhit? Fuck, now you have to play aggressively, which your character sucks at. Pray your opponent screws up.
7) Oh wait, you're up on life? Sweet! Time to turtle and chip with charge attacks when you can!
8) Is your opponent a grappler? Ignore 1-7 and spam charge attacks - LOOOOL! (does not work against Hugo)
9) Does your opponent have a slide? Never bother charging, because you will get blocked and punished.

That's my quick guide to Blanka.

On that note, was Chocoblanka at Capcom Cup? Any recordings for me to see?

CPS2

I noticed a while back that combofiend was quoting the hodge twins a lot, and now it seems he's been making all kinds of gains. All kinds...

1) Hold down-back to charge.
2) Wait patiently.
3) Ugh, they're turtling too!

4) Walk forward and lose your charge.
5) Poke ineffectively for a while; maybe get in a hit, or get counterhit. If there's enough lag, leap in and go for a grab.
6) Did you get counterhit? Fuck, now you have to play aggressively, which your character sucks at. Pray your opponent screws up.
7) Oh wait, you're up on life? Sweet! Time to turtle and chip with charge attacks when you can!
8) Is your opponent a grappler? Ignore 1-7 and spam charge attacks - LOOOOL! (does not work against Hugo)
9) Does your opponent have a slide? Never bother charging, because you will get blocked and punished.

That's the shizz that really hurts me deeply right there.

Dlent

You're thinking of Garou: Mark of the Wolves. They based Just Defend in CvS2 based on the Garou Mechanic.

In these particular games, you wait until the last few frames before an attack lands to block it; if done successfully, your character will flash white, gain a small amount of hp, have less blockstun, and less pushback. Just defends are also able to be done in the air, while normal blocking cannot.

If it is in SFV, it probably wont be exactly like this.

mbpm1

Can't wait for the return of Tokido to USF4 with all that cash money. I want him to use the most disgustingly top tier character in USF4 and blow everyone up.

I think that Dekappa is now a viable pick for that category. Upped her invicibility on dps, decreased startup frames on Far Mp, cancellable cr. fierce for frame traps, things are better all around for our Cammy clone.

Top Bottom