• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | February 11-17 | C&D is Magic Edition

jbug617

Banned
Harada posted on twitter that he is going to be in San Francisco next week. Ono and Harada together again maybe it's TK X SF time

Horseress

Harada posted on twitter that he is going to be in San Francisco next week. Ono and Harada together again maybe it's TK X SF time

It wouldn't be a surprise to have a fighting game as a launch game for the new PS, TTT2 was for the WiiU, why not TxSf

Dahbomb

Next week is going to be a doozy.

Bloody Palace released for DmC, possible TxSF reveal, Metal Gear Rising and I think Sony is doing that PS event thing.

I'm really glad Winter Brawl is going to be on the weekend where I get off work early on Sundays. It'll be nice to catch most of the finals for that day.

How does the netcode hold up for it?

Really bad. Seeing as I don't have KoF in my avatar I'll give you the objective opinion that while not "one of the finest of this generation" kof13 is pretty good and even with bad netcode it's a steal at $15. Definitely a fun combo/training mode game if you're into that type of stuff.

Also what does TAS mean!

If the netcode really is bad, I'll probably pass on it. Most of my friends who I play local multiplayer with suck more at fighters than I do, so online most of the time is my primary multiplayer outlet for the genre.

Really bad. Seeing as I don't have KoF in my avatar I'll give you the objective opinion that while not "one of the finest of this generation" kof13 is pretty good and even with bad netcode it's a steal at $15. Definitely a fun combo/training mode game if you're into that type of stuff.

Also what does TAS mean!

Tool assisted speedrun. Using emulator features like savestates and advancing the game frame by frame to get perfect execution for speedruns or combo videos.

Malice215

If the netcode really is bad, I'll probably pass on it. Most of my friends who I play local multiplayer with suck more at fighters than I do, so online most of the time is my primary multiplayer outlet for the genre.

You could teach your friends how to play KOF. If not, then I would pass on it unless you enjoy playing the CPU or doing trials. I'm glad I got it for free on PS+

Whatever happen to Odashima? I haven't heard about him for a long time now.

He still comes through to the big SCV events in Japan, but hasn't said much in a long time. Maybe soon he'll stop being a ghost.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
So, my 17" laptop that I use for streaming tends to run hot after a little while. Any advice as to what I should be looking for in a cooling pad (or alternative solution you might have in mind)? I'd prefer something that does NOT draw power through USB; I don't think I have USB ports to spare.

Kikujiro

The last Namco report showed great numbers for SCV (way better than people expected), so I guess they are already working on SCVI for the next generation.

So, my 17" laptop that I use for streaming tends to run hot after a little while. Any advice as to what I should be looking for in a cooling pad (or alternative solution you might have in mind)? I'd prefer something that does NOT draw power through USB; I don't think I have USB ports to spare.

Elevate it away from the surface so the fans have room to breathe. Find a way to give it legs...I used to do it with Legos lol

Jaxel

The last Namco report showed great numbers for SCV (way better than people expected), so I guess they are already working on SCVI for the next generation.

This generation is the first time ever that Soulcalibur has outsold Tekken over the same time period.

SCV not returning to EVO even though it out-pulled MK9 made me sad.

Did SCV numbers decline after EVO? MK9 didn't have a great EVO 2012 turn out, but they have a pretty dedicated group of players, at least that's what I always hear. I guess SCV numbers dwindled down and they lack a strong dedicated scene?

Jaxel

Did SCV numbers decline after EVO? MK9 didn't have a great EVO 2012 turn out, but they have a pretty dedicated group of players, at least that's what I always hear. I guess SCV numbers dwindled down and they lack a strong dedicated scene?

Soulcalibur numbers haven't really changed from previous iterations. During the Soulcalibur 2 days, SC2 always had one of the highest turnouts at NEC year after year, averaging anywhere between 50-80 people. Now its SC5, and we are averaging 50-80 people. So nothing much has changed.

The difference is that we didn't get that GIANT boost of players that Capcom players got when SF4 came out. SC5 had 500 people last EVO, MK9 had 250 people. The difference is that Namco isn't sponsoring SC5 at events, while Netherealm and Warner Brothers are sponsoring MK9 at events. Not having SC5 at EVO is a huge mistake if you ask me though. Last year the Japanese rolled something like 40 people deep JUST for Soulcalibur.

Instead they put in SFxT, which nobody cares about. How many extra people will they get to come to EVO because SFxT is there? How many people play SFxT that don't already play SSF4 or UMvC3? I'm going to say at most, 3 people. However, most people who play Soulcalibur ONLY play Soulcalibur. So rather than get 200-300 extra people to come to EVO just for Soulcalibur, they opted to get 3.

Dahbomb

Soulcalibur numbers haven't really changed from previous iterations. During the Soulcalibur 2 days, SC2 always had one of the highest turnouts at NEC year after year, averaging anywhere between 50-80 people. Now its SC5, and we are averaging 50-80 people. So nothing much has changed.

The difference is that we didn't get that GIANT boost of players that Capcom players got when SF4 came out. SC5 had 500 people last EVO, MK9 had 250 people. The difference is that Namco isn't sponsoring SC5 at events, while Netherealm and Warner Brothers are sponsoring MK9 at events. Not having SC5 at EVO is a huge mistake if you ask me though. Last year the Japanese rolled something like 40 people deep JUST for Soulcalibur.

Instead they put in SFxT, which nobody cares about. How many extra people will they get to come to EVO because SFxT is there? How many people play SFxT that don't already play SSF4 or UMvC3? I'm going to say at most, 3 people. However, most people who play Soulcalibur ONLY play Soulcalibur. So rather than get 200-300 extra people to come to EVO just for Soulcalibur, they opted to get 3.
Namco just doesn't Monet hats SC as much as Capcom money hats SFxT.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Next week is a damn good week to be a gamer, indeed.

Sunday: Destiny revealed
Tuesday: MGR comes out
Wednesday: PS4 reveal
Something else I'm missing too.

Stoked for all three. And now maybe TKxSF? It's like Christmas!

Top Bottom