• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | February 11-17 | C&D is Magic Edition

Tizoc

I watched Mike 'Nintendo' Ross' Neighbourhood today, which I really enjoyed, SFxT combos are so fun to watch, but man was Fillipino Champ entertaining, trash talking Mike like that XD.
...but man WHY'D YOU PANDORA, MIKE?! WHY'D YOU PANDORA?! He'd have to had done that to spite Filippino by giving him an easy win, but overall it was fun to watch, really looking forward to this game in EVO X3

ChrisG will win Winter Brawl.

If it's not ChrisG, it'll be Rog or Champ. I don't see Yipes or Justin going through those guys.

Yipes is more than good enough to beat Chris G, Rog or Champ. He just needs to make sure he doesn't choke on the way to Zero players and that he sticks to his Spencer/Vergil/Hawkeye or Team Nemo.

Is it even confirmed that Rog and Champ are coming to Winter Brawl?

ChrisG will win Winter Brawl.

If it's not ChrisG, it'll be Rog or Champ. I don't see Yipes or Justin going through those guys.

This is my prediction as well. I can see Rog potentially taking it if Chris doesn't up the rest of his team (or at the least, his Vergil) a bit more, but if it's Chris vs. Champ, then it'll be Chris G winning.

Tik-Tok

Theres a couple tournaments followed by a couple invitationals going on in Toronto today if you guys are bored and need something to watch.

The level of play is pretty low in the the tournament right now but it should pick up later in the bracket and the invitationals have some decent players.

http://www.twitch.tv/torontotoptiers/new

Tik-Tok

Tik, any autoshop dudes there?

Naw not many people showed up for this tournament. The exhibition should be decent later though. Mosh's brother called some people out who were invited saying he's better than them and it escalated to some money matches.

vulva

Naw not many people showed up for this tournament. The exhibition should be decent later though. Mosh's brother called some people out who were invited saying he's better than them and it escalated to some money matches.

Mosh's brother is pretty good in AE iirc, but he plays Akuma so whatever. Bullshit, haha. Unless he's talking about Marvel, in which case.... who cares?

How've you been anyways?

chriskun

I watched Mike 'Nintendo' Ross' Neighbourhood today, which I really enjoyed, SFxT combos are so fun to watch, but man was Fillipino Champ entertaining, trash talking Mike like that XD.
...but man WHY'D YOU PANDORA, MIKE?! WHY'D YOU PANDORA?! He'd have to had done that to spite Filippino by giving him an easy win, but overall it was fun to watch, really looking forward to this game in EVO X3

I have a hate love relationship with Champ, hes fucking hilarious when he talks shit but then he just goes too far sometimes. And this is making me want to jump back into sfxt also.

Tik-Tok

Mosh's brother is pretty good in AE iirc, but he plays Akuma so whatever. Bullshit, haha. Unless he's talking about Marvel, in which case.... who cares?

How've you been anyways?

It's in Street Fighter. ItalDan is playing Mosh for like 300 bux or something and Teddy is playing Mosh's brother for his spot in the invitational / 20 spot.

I'm good sir... Haven't really been playing much since I bought the house, but I'm feeling an itch to grind out some degen sessions for a while.
I'm heading to Toronto tonight to a concert so maybe I'll kidnap Dice01 and make him come back and play games with me.

How's Cali treating you man?

vulva

It's in Street Fighter. ItalDan is playing Mosh for like 300 bux or something and Teddy is playing Mosh's brother for his spot in the invitational / 20 spot.

I'm good sir... Haven't really been playing much since I bought the house, but I'm feeling an itch to grind out some degen sessions for a while.
I'm heading to Toronto tonight to a concert so maybe I'll kidnap Dice01 and make him come back and play games with me.

How's Cali treating you man?

Pretty good, I'll check the archive of those matches later just heading out right now though.

Hope all is well with the house and all that!

Dahbomb

Today is Saturday which means we get to let off some steam on stuff we hate.

I fucking hate whenever I go to YouTube and on my recommended channel I see "money match of the century". Then I see the link and it's the fucking Fanatiq vs RayRay match.

There has been a distinct lack of high stakes MM in this generation of fighting games. Someone start up some shit already, I can't believe something like the RayRay/Fanatiq set is labeled as the MM of the century.

Get the fuck outta here son!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

I fucking hate whenever I go to YouTube and on my recommended channel I see "money match of the century". Then I see the link and it's the fucking Fanatiq vs RayRay match.

There has been a distinct lack of high stakes MM in this generation of fighting games. Someone start up some shit already, I can't believe something like the RayRay/Fanatiq set is labeled as the MM of the century.

Will anything ever top the Clockwork one?

nobody wants to spend that much money too frequently

thanks obama

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So does The Fray actually require a sub to watch when it's streamed live? Need to know to annotate OP with that information.

Dahbomb

The amount of salt in that Sony Mario thread eclipses anything seen in a FG thread.

Now that's the trash talking I want. None of this "you are free/fraud" then hug and make up after the stream is closed and none of this staged WWE crap either.

Azure J

The amount of salt in that Sony Mario thread eclipses anything seen in a FG thread.

Now that's the trash talking I want. None of this "you are free/fraud" then hug and make up after the stream is closed and none of this staged WWE crap either.

Console Wars are the absolute BEST fighting games ever as a spectator. GTFO with actually playing them though, shit's more random than Koryu Marvel 3.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Console Wars are the absolute BEST fighting games ever as a spectator. GTFO with actually playing them though, shit's more random than Koryu Marvel 3.
Yep.

As predicted, emotions and frequency of mental guard breaks occurring is increasing with every day we get closer to Feb 20th. We shall see a repeat when the Durango is unveiled too.

Things are about to get CRRRAAAAAAAAAZY.

EDIT: just a heads up to you guys, don't go into the new NeoGAF features thread and talk about your custom skins or scripts. You will be permabanned, and people already have been.

Top Bottom