• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | February 11-17 | C&D is Magic Edition

Azure J

Console wars are fucking EMOTIONAL. Dudes on GAF treating video games like family members.

I don't think FGC cares as much lol

We're all old folks who either got the clue early that we should move with the games instead of championing one vendor's console or always appreciated games wherever they were. Considering Capcom fighters are popular or acted as most FGC heads' gateway drug and they put their stuff on anything under the sun if the breeze was right that day, I'm guessing it's a heavy mixture of the above.

Just wait till the "which console should I get SF5?" wars start. No community is immune.

Stay safe everybody.

For real, watch your head, watch your feet and don't get grabbed in the mayhem coming up.

Sayah

I was going to see what all this was about and then I saw it was 48 pages. No thanks. Though, if anyone made me happy this gen in software output, it would be Namco way before Sony or Nintendo. Dark Souls and Tekken Tag 2 are the two defining titles of this generation and epitomize much of what gaming should be about (good dlc practices, loads of content, deep/rich/satisfying gameplay and hardwork/dedication).

Shimesaba

I was going to see what all this was about and then I saw it was 48 pages. No thanks. Though, if anyone made me happy this gen in software output, it would be Namco way before Sony or Nintendo. Dark Souls and Tekken Tag 2 are the two defining titles of this generation and epitomize much of what gaming should be about (good dlc practices, loads of content, deep/rich/satisfying gameplay and hardwork/dedication).

Dark Souls I don't think is attributable to Namco (Developed by From; published in Japan by From), I think I remember reading that "buy your weapons"-type DLC was even on the table before Miyazaki shot it down.

Tekken Tag 2 is another story. Harada did well there. SF4 is fun, but in a game where rereleases have rereleases, they still expect me to pay extra for outfits? Meanwhile Namco is releasing entire characters as free DLC...

Namco had nothing to do with Dark Souls besides probably pressuring From to release it only two thirds complete and jacking up the price for Australians.

They are not the messiah you seek.

Sayah

Dark Souls I don't think is attributable to Namco (Developed by From; published in Japan by From), I think I remember reading that "buy your weapons"-type DLC was even on the table before Miyazaki shot it down.

Tekken Tag 2 is another story. Harada did well there. SF4 is fun, but in a game where rereleases have rereleases, they still expect me to pay extra for outfits on top of that? Meanwhile Namco is releasing entire characters as free DLC...

From, of course, gets all the credit. But I give Namco credit for supporting/promoting/marketing the game. They did a really good job on that end. And now Namco's playing even a bigger role with Dark Souls 2. Especially if they are playing a role in determining the developers. Namco has done some shitty things too but I just hope those practices never transfer over to the more iconic IPs.

Namco had nothing to do with Dark Souls besides probably pressuring From to release it only two thirds complete and jacking up the price for Australians.

They are not the messiah you seek.

They had a lot to do with Dark Souls and now Dark Souls 2. Video game publishers often finance development, pay for localization, licensing, manufacturing and marketing among other things. And they also provide input for development/dev team progress.

I've probably logged more hours on an Xbox console(either one) than damn near all of fighting GAF and I honestly don't feel much of a difference at all between the 360 and PS3 when it comes to the netcode. I do know what makes a difference, though. Publishers and developers willing to implement GGPO have made gigantic strides in improving the online experience in fighting games.

I've probably played more hours on an Xbox console(either one) than damn near all of fighting GAF and I honestly don't feel much of a difference at all between the 360 and PS3 when it comes to the netcode. I do know what makes a difference, though. Publishers willing to back GGPO have made gigantic strides in improving the online experience in fighting games.
Doesn't GGPO only affect 2D fighters, aka your preference?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I've probably logged more hours on an Xbox console(either one) than damn near all of fighting GAF and I honestly don't feel much of a difference at all between the 360 and PS3 when it comes to the netcode. I do know what makes a difference, though. Publishers and developers willing to implement GGPO have made gigantic strides in improving the online experience in fighting games.

Shh let them have their dreams

Arde5643

Wow, filipino man blowing through Snake Eyes and Online Tony with almost no losses - damn, prob top 3 Rose in the world - at least his performance here.

DRE Fei

As long as my fightstick works on it, that's the one I will buy.

If the orbis and durango continue to use usb for their new controllers, it could be a good sign. However, I would be salty (but not shocked) if we all have to buy new sticks or at least some weird adapter.

Markman could clarify for us right now, but maybe he's not allowed to say anything.

We'll know more on the 20th and even more when microsoft announces their crazy new thing.

If the orbis and durango continue to use usb for their new controllers, it could be a good sign. However, I would be salty (but not shocked) if we all have to buy new sticks or at least some weird adapter.

Markman could clarify for us right now, but maybe he's not allowed to say anything.

We'll know more on the 20th and even more when microsoft announces their crazy new thing.

Just be prepared to buy more converters.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

HSLuX.gif

I'm not a Namco fanboy. They're just associated with everything I love about the present and the future. Just wanted to put that out there if anyone cares (probably no one).

I would just like to say that I can see Namco being ok if you live in the US (no price gouging) own a 360 (for the money hats) and love DLC (on everything)... Otherwise I just don't see it at all.

TTT2 was gloriously out of character this gen for them. Maybe it is a sign of better times to come but given the sales I really doubt it.

Or people could just *gasp* bring in their own copies of the game along with their system.

...oh who am I kidding.

You will be able to authenticate via kinect. Floe masks = problem solved.

Deps

If there are next gen console tournaments, that shits gonna be ugly. Even small useless crap gets stolen at FGC events, dudes are gonna be foaming to steal a new console.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I haven't seen this before.

I wish I could erase what I just watched from memory.

I should play more smash so I can have intercourse with women.

There was one smash dude on True Life. Though, they chose the wrong guy cause he wasn't a nerd dork neckbeard at all.

Top Bottom