• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | February 11-17 | C&D is Magic Edition

True "speed of light" tier
Skullgirls
MvC:O

True online warrior tier
3S:OE
Soulcalibur V
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
BlazBlue CT/CS
Persona 4 Arena
Arcana Heart
SFxT
HDR
Virtua Fighter 5

"So so" tier
MvC2
DOA5
SSFIV & AE

Mike Z's nightmare tier
SFIV
MvC3 & UMvC3
Guilty Gear AC+
Mortal Kombat
old ASW games
old SNK games

KOF tier
KOF XIII
KOF XII

I got little to no experience with Battle Fantasia. I'm just going off what I heard for MK.

I'd add a "Holy shit why" tier for TvC's netcode, personally.

Deps

Skullgirls/MVCO/Tekken>P4A>SFxT>Rest is my experience. SFxT is unplayable on PSN though, for some reason.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
TTT2 netcode is god tier. Had matches with people in Japan flawlessly. 2 bar is better than AE's 4 bar.

Wow, not bad.

I have terrible connections with Japan, even though I'm physically closer. Apparently my ISP routes through California FIRST, then goes all the way back to Japan.

I don't subscribe to the bullshit philosophy of "snitches get stitches." This isn't grade school.

I know of someone who was shot becaused they were labeled a snitch. And i wasn't referring to snitch get stitches either, i meant you couldn't mind your business on trivial shit?

I guess that's considered grade school shit?

Yeah, but it's still dumb if someone is actively trying to get someone banned for personal reasons rather than them doing stuff against the TOS or whatever.

That, too. I never actively try to get people banned unless they're deliberately acting the fool, though. There was a good example with those two threads that Bish took his lawnmower to. Someone made a racial remark, but it was coming from a place of true ignorance and not meaning to actually offend people. That's the kind of stuff that people should let slide, and I'm glad Bish did.

Then you've got situations where people are purposefully trying to skirt the rules with what they can and can't say just to get a rise, or straight up account suicides.
I know of someone who was shot becaused they were labeled a snitch. And i wasn't referring to snitch get stitches either, i meant you couldn't mind your business on trivial shit?

I guess that's considered grade school shit?
Killing someone because they're a "snitch" is some petty, stupid shit. So...yes?

I don't subscribe to the bullshit philosophy of "snitches get stitches." This isn't grade school.

It used to bother me that dobbers wore nappies, but the whole thing fell apart as the girls around me started to wear bras.

Also Thai is godlike.

Also yes, TTT2 netcode is pretty darn good. Was able to play people in Asia with no problems ( well I got to watch them play...)

snitches get the riches, holla.

Honestly, I think the looking down on snitching or snitches get stitches stuff is dumb. Of course it has many different levels on what is actually important. If you know you did wrong, don't be mad when you get caught or called out on it is my thinking on it.

I am Valle tier old though.

I used to play on the Ranked Ladder on AllisBrawl back in like '09. I just had to resort to Olimar down smash and forward smash because any online match that wasn't someone in my town was just awful (and even those matches were bad too at times).

I used to play on the Ranked Ladder on AllisBrawl back in like '09. I just had to resort to Olimar down smash and forward smash because any online match that wasn't someone in my town was just awful (and even those matches were bad too at times).

So many Ikes....

SO MANY IKES

Sayah

Curry tier list:
S: Indian
A: Thai
C: Japanese

If you are anywhere near Edison, NJ, you have to go to Shalimar Grill and eat their chicken tikka masala with naan. Sooooooo goooooooooood..

and then brawl somewhere below that

Blame Nintendo for having an abysmal online infrastructure. SSB4, though, should have quality netcode with Namco's assistance. And hopefully Nintendo still isn't subscribing to the philosophy of not including leaderboards and ranking matches.

Blame Nintendo for having an abysmal online infrastructure.
Nqz6W.jpg

"Ooh, they have the internet on computers now!"

SSB4 should have awesome netcode for the online "get together and talk about how playing smash makes you feel" competitive mode.

Blame Nintendo for having an abysmal online infrastructure. SSB4, though, should have quality netcode with Namco's assistance. And hopefully Nintendo still isn't subscribing to the philosophy of not including leaderboards and ranking matches.
The stupid thing doesn't even have ethernet. Let's see how Namco's team rises to the challenge.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Guys, give it some time, Nintendo just discovered the Internet very late into SSBB development. They surely have a handle on it now, in a few years you might even have accounts that are not tied to consoles!

Might.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
WiFi is the most unreliable, widespread piece of technology out there.

My Unis WiFi alone makes me rage on a weekly basis.

Anth0ny

I brought up no ethernet port in a Wii-U thread, and got, "LOL everybody uses wi-fi now, not a problem, buy an extension"

lol

you brought up a possible negative about the console in a wii u thread?

lol

WiFi is the most unreliable, widespread piece of technology out there.

My Unis WiFi alone makes me rage on a weekly basis.

some classes I'm fine

others I don't get wifi or phone reception. york is fucked.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I like Filipino food. I don't have it enough.

I like Japanese curry too.

Yum.

I haven't gone back to the Philippines since I was 14 or 15. :(

Although I've been to Japan like 8 times the past 2 years, lol.

If you are anywhere near Edison, NJ, you have to go to Shalimar Grill and eat their chicken tikka masala with naan. Sooooooo goooooooooood..

Chicken tikka masala with Naan bread (preferably buttered, but regular is good as well) might be the best dish ever produced in the entirety of human civilization.

Too bad I'm currently on a diet, gotta lose those kgs.

Tekniqs

I like Filipino food. I don't have it enough.

I like Japanese curry too.

Yum.

I haven't gone back to the Philippines since I was 14 or 15. :(

Although I've been to Japan like 8 times the past 2 years, lol.

i'm sure the FGC there would give you the best hospitality! they get together for casuals..end up drinking the night away haha

Azure J

You all haven't lived life until you've had food from the West Indian Master Race.

Curry tier list:
S: Indian
A: Thai
C: Japanese

Edit: I am so fucking retarded sometimes. :lol

Good man, you have the right one in god tier.

and then brawl somewhere below that

One of the true travesties of the past generation. Even worse was that there was a period where I was a Stockholm's victim playing matches and adjusting the fuck out of everything thinking "it'll work this time..." only to see the initial countdown for a match take just as long as the match itself because of how badly the lag would freeze things.

So many Ikes....

SO MANY IKES

Ike in Brawl online is like Hulk in online Marvel. Shit's so dumb. Don't ever try to recover versus him.

I brought up no ethernet port in a Wii-U thread, and got, "LOL everybody uses wi-fi now, not a problem, buy an extension"

lol

NintendoGAF is a strange place sometimes. Admittedly, there is an extension, so that much is at least 300% better than old Nintendo, but still, what the fuck man.

Who did you guys main in Brawl? For the 15 minutes that you guys played it

Main:
Toon Link

Subs:
Wolf
Ike
Marth

I used to play with an Australian guy I knew on Brawl and I'm in Canada

LOL

Used to be Kirby and D3. Now it's just Lucario and ROB. Sometimes I use Sonic too, but boy is it hard to kill with him unless the opponent is over 120% or something.

TheChits

Who did you guys main in Brawl? For the 15 minutes that you guys played it

Main:
Toon Link

Subs:
Wolf
Ike
Marth

I used to play with an Australian guy I knew on Brawl and I'm in Canada

LOL

Lucario 4 life <3
My online experience in brawl was weird. Matches were either perfect or unplayable. There was no in between for me

Top Bottom