• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | February 11-17 | C&D is Magic Edition

+1 Reason why the new Skullgirls character needs to be made. :

wrFEVKu.png

ZUpnN3C.jpg

Snake's face during her snapback.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
PR Balrog just lost to a rookie with a 3-22 record - and was so salty that he switched to his tournament-winning team - hahahahahaha!

Hope you have a great trip :) Going to announce anything there ? :D - Cerberus_fx

Plz wait... some future.

SF4 update incoming

all Blanka normals have 1 frame start-up, no hurtbox, kappa

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Hope you have a great trip :) Going to announce anything there ? :D - Cerberus_fx

Plz wait... some future.

SF4 update incoming

all Blanka normals have 1 frame start-up, no hurtbox, kappa
Future?

SF3010 confirmed PS4/720 launch title.

The tweet means nothing.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I think the layout for the new SRK forums is much better than what was before, but god does the forum hurt your fucking eyes to look at or what. Sharp contrast everywhere, some amount of redundancy and inefficient use of space.

Not to mention goofy shit like this:

And this:

Zukuu

Banned
that is intended. the space you have is due to adblock.

I hate the new design. it's worse in EVERY aspect to the old one.
y couldn't they just transfer the recent one?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I just realized I made the headers and stuff for this thread on NeoGAF dark, and with NeoGAF dark in mind a week ago. Shit looks amazing, but I can only assume it looks ugly on the grays of regular GAF, with the orange and all. For that, I apologize.

MrDaravon

And the SRK forums continue to suck. I honestly don't understand who they have that is making these updates, but it's gotten worse with every iteration. Also it may just be a bug, because I've got the super fucked up spacing with the character subforums as well and I unblocked everything running on that site, so dunno.

A bit unrelated, but I know I had mentioned a few times in various threads that Twitch has started going to shit for me the last few months for seemingly no reason? Switching to Chrome seems to have completely fixed it. No idea. For example when watching VGCW it would always have stuttering problems unless I hid the chat, on Chrome it's totally fine. So I've just fully switched over, but I know some other people were having issues so you may want to try that if you are.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
And the SRK forums continue to suck. I honestly don't understand who they have that is making these updates, but it's gotten worse with every iteration. Also it may just be a bug, because I've got the super fucked up spacing with the character subforums as well and I unblocked everything running on that site, so dunno.

A bit unrelated, but I know I had mentioned a few times in various threads that Twitch has started going to shit for me the last few months for seemingly no reason? Switching to Chrome seems to have completely fixed it. No idea. For example when watching VGCW it would always have stuttering problems unless I hid the chat, on Chrome it's totally fine. So I've just fully switched over, but I know some other people were having issues so you may want to try that if you are.
The worst Twitch bug is when the pause/play button or the volume mute button stops working and you have to refresh to get it working again and eat another ad.

I think it's definitely become increasingly unstable, been getting a lot of tiny annoyances here and there.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Wow, SrK forum looks worse now hahaha...omg I did not think things could get any worse after Kindea took over. I was wrong.

Fuck that site and forum I'm done with it. Been going to it since 2003 so it's really sad to see it go down the shit box like this.

Event hubs >>>>>>>>>> SrK x1000 which is sad to say.

Fuck you Kindea you ugly fuck.

MrDaravon

The worst Twitch bug is when the pause/play button or the volume mute button stops working and you have to refresh to get it working again and eat another ad.

I think it's definitely become increasingly unstable, been getting a lot of tiny annoyances here and there.

I've never had that issue, but I have had the issue where if you go to click on the quality button the pop-up doesn't go away and I have to refresh.

Also I wasn't paying too much attention last week, but is the general consensus that Twitch Turbo is just shit for the actual streamers? I'm assuming they don't get any money directly from that?

Will the fgc hire some professionals? Eventhubs is stuck in the early 2000s of web design and srk just doesn't know what the hell they want to do.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
ZTCrr5G.png

It's okay.
Yuck. So much better like this:

I've never had that issue, but I have had the issue where if you go to click on the quality button the pop-up doesn't go away and I have to refresh.

Also I wasn't paying too much attention last week, but is the general consensus that Twitch Turbo is just shit for the actual streamers? I'm assuming they don't get any money directly from that?
IIRC when a streamer runs an ad, it still counts as +1 ad for them, even if someone has Twitch Turbo on, so it still gets streamers money like that, but it also discourages people paying for subs for specific channels, which is the main issue I think, especially when one of the biggest pillars for encouraging people to sub was for no ads.

why do so many message boards insist on changing shit just for the sake of changing? the new layout is indeed shit. thank god evilore knows better.
A GAF overhaul is in the works, don't jinx us!

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I kinda assumed they were rehauling SRK to make it less shitty and bloated. Instead, they rehauled it to make it more shitty and bloated.

gutabo

Holy shit SRK forums... all old links are useless now, busted pagerank/metatags, no SEO at all... I wonder how many youtube videos will have correct SRK forum links now. I can't really say I understand this atrocity coming from the same people that make the EVO tourneys.

And BTW I'm older than Valle, what tier am I? Karate Champ tier?

Wow, SrK forum looks worse now hahaha...omg I did not think things could get any worse after Kindea took over. I was wrong.

Fuck that site and forum I'm done with it.

This is more or less where I'm at if they don't want to change the forum layout. Dustloop has the better Vampire and Guilty Gear communities, will be the unquestionable hub for BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma, and may see the SG community shift gears towards there if things don't improve over at SRK.

I guess there's still front page.

I am seriously debating starting a twitter account called " fuck kineda".

The new SRK is uglier then if Blanka had a kid with jynx (the Pokemon).

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Yeah, SRK is butt ugly.

This is more or less where I'm at if they don't want to change the forum layout. Dustloop has the better Vampire and Guilty Gear communities.

I have been thinking of making a Darkstalkers hub ala Melty Bread and 8WR. I just don't know where to start.

RM8

Guys, guys. How does one start playing Tekken seriously? It's kind of funny that it's one of my absolute favorite gaming series, but I've never been part of a competitive community for it or anything like that, so I've always been limited to casual play against friends. Is there any "noob guide" that is usually recommended or something?

alstein

Guys, guys. How does one start playing Tekken seriously? It's kind of funny that it's one of my absolute favorite gaming series, but I've never been part of a competitive community for it or anything like that, so I've always been limited to casual play against friends. Is there any "noob guide" that is usually recommended or something?

Just gotta find something to learn, then learn it gradually. Find something you want to do better, look up how to do it if you need to, then work on it in matches.

That's how I try to learn VF.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It's not the only thing to do, but going to tournaments and analyzing why you lost is crucial to getting better at any fighting game.

EDIT: Not necessarily going to tournaments, but playing online or not with the same people.

RM8

I've found that finding a "community", people to play against in person helps a ton, since they can tell you why they're kicking your ass while they're doing it :p Sadly I live in Toluca, México. I'll try to find a community near/in Mexico City, I guess that's my best bet. I know of SSFIV and UMvC3 communities, but I'm not sure I've seen Tekken tournaments in Mexico City.

RM8

I swear Street Fighter and UMvC3 seem more popular than KOF around here, haha. I've seen plenty of tournaments for those games.

Word on the street is that Tekken actually has a great netcode. Try online... (only time in my life I'm advocating online for fighters). X-copy for a bit (just to understand the game) then build your own style.

AAK

I've found that finding a "community", people to play against in person helps a ton, since they can tell you why they're kicking your ass while they're doing it :p Sadly I live in Toluca, México. I'll try to find a community near/in Mexico City, I guess that's my best bet. I know of SSFIV and UMvC3 communities, but I'm not sure I've seen Tekken tournaments in Mexico City.

We have the OT right here, you can start by playing friendly matches against any of us when we're online. And check websites like avoidingthepuddle.com and levelupyourgame.com for learning how to play Tekken.

As for finding offline competition There are 3 Team Mexico's on WTF:

http://wtf.tekken.com/team/view/ps3/807

http://wtf.tekken.com/team/view/ps3/16341

http://wtf.tekken.com/team/view/ps3/15681

(Last 2 links aren't working for me) You could try contacting some of them on PSN to see where they live?

Check the SRK forums:

There's this thread, but it seems dead:

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/13072/mexico-fighting-scene/p8

You can try opening a thread on Tekken Zaibatsu's regional matchmaking forum but that website has become a graveyard, everyone there moved to Facebook to organize things with their local community.

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=24

Top Bottom