• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | February 25 - March 3 | Not here to talk about Street Fighter

Oh man this is all fascinating stuff.

And Redbull buying IPL could be a huge deal if the fighting game side of IPL continues to garner attention. I am constantly staggered by how successful Redbull is in growing relatively niche scenes that are in any way "youth-oriented". They have money, lots and lots of money, and have shown many times that they are willing to spend it promoting non-traditional sports/events.

Hey man, he lives in a villa across the beach and drives a BMW in 85 degree weather year round! Don't feel bad for him!
"DON'T BOO ME. YA'LL SHOULD BE BOOIN' YOURSELVES!"
Does this mean Koogy is Vince Mcmahon in this scenario?
1QzmdVu.gif

VINNY PLS

kirblar

Oh man this is all fascinating stuff.

And Redbull buying IPL could be a huge deal if the fighting game side of IPL continues to garner attention. I am constantly staggered by how successful Redbull is in growing relatively niche scenes that are in any way "youth-oriented". They have money, lots and lots of money, and have shown many times that they are willing to spend it promoting non-traditional sports/events.
These sports/astronaut stunts/IPL things are all out of Red Bull's marketing budget. That's why it's such a good fit- IPL doesn't have to "make" money.

smurfx

get some go again
When (yes when not if) VXG fails, and EMP no longer has someone backing them he's going to regret it.
that depends on how much money he makes while vxg is currently in business. don't know what he was making with broken tier but i doubt its gonna be anywhere near what he is gonna make in this short time most likely. be happy for dieminion that he will get a nice payday. who cares who is his sponsor.

that depends on how much money he makes while vxg is giving out thousands. don't know what he was making with broken tier but i doubt its gonna be anywhere near what he is gonna make in this short time most likely.

Which you can imagine the guys at BT would understand. Still, there is a right and a wrong way to go about it. Burning bridges to ride something that is clearly unsustainable doesn't seem like a great move.

fader

Believe me you're not. You're going to love SXM.

@Beef - Rolando can't be Turner, it ain't his money. The Tourist Board = Turner

yea i know, i am just like "wow. i cant belive they dont belive i am going to da beech"

only thing i am worried about is since i am going alone i am not gonna know anyone so i gotta go around by mahself :(

Videoneon

I know the drama is thick in here right now, but with VF5:FS going on sale on XBL next week and Sega Cup on the horizon, would you all be interested in watching some kind of VF5:FS tutorial/Q&A/casuals stream?

We have a pretty good scene in NorCal and if I can get enough people to agree to it we could probably put on something pretty cool with fairly knowledgeable players and good character variety.

A Virtua Fighter stream? I wouldn't mind watching it, I like watching Virtua Fighter matches. In January I saw the VF Top four of this other tournament that Alex Valle ran (I think it was this, can barely remember now) and those matches were sick. The Brad, Akira/El Blaze, and Taka-Arashi (missing one player) that I saw at the end of the tourney were great.

Top Bottom