• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | February 25 - March 3 | Not here to talk about Street Fighter

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Can't blame Die if he was offered a lot of money upfront. Not telling Koogy that he was jumping beforehand is some shady business though.

So I guess Die is out of Evo? What happens if VxG buys up a bunch of top players and forbids them from attending Evo? lol

ismk

Your assumptions are a bit off there. I'd say 90% of the international players went on their own dime last year (myself included) and the marketing was nowhere near as much as this year. Regardless of what you might think the tourist board is quite happy with exposure they're getting from VXG. I'd estimate at least 500 international players coming this year with about 75% being Caribbean players who are paying their own way.

It's great to hear that 90% of international players came with their own dime last year. But don't you think since the tourism bureau has put a lot more money this time for VxG, that they want 5-10 times more money than they put in? If so, I would think that they would want more than 25% of the players to be foreigners because chances are, international players will be bigger spenders than Caribbean players.

Can't blame Die if he was offered a lot of money upfront. Not telling Koogy that he was jumping beforehand is some shady business though.

So I guess Die is out of Evo? What happens if VxG buys up a bunch of top players and forbids them from attending Evo? lol

Why wouldn't Die go to EVO? Why would VxG forbid them attend EVO?

You've exposed their real plan.

You better hide before the Empire gets you.

Infinite

VxG doing their best nWo impression.

VxG has been openly aggressive towards Evo, and last year EMP dudes didn't attend Evo.

I honestly doubt VxG had anything to do with the EMP dudes not attending EVO last year. Mike Ross and Combofiend made it out to both, correct?

kirblar

That Caribbean money must be deep, wonder if it will last more than a year.
Connections in the right places to government cash? Could last a while as long as the connections stay intact.

Also, there's no way they don't go to EVO- the VxG tag = free advertising.

Infinite

Mike and Combo aren't EMP though.

That's not my point VxG paid for Mike and Peter to go to VxG last year and most likely didn't stipulate that they didn't have to be at evo. The EMP guys probably didn't go to evo because they couldn't afford to go to evo

VxG doing their best nWo impression.

VxG has been openly aggressive towards Evo, and last year EMP dudes didn't attend Evo.

Triforce already said why Sanford did not got to EVO last year.

VxG is closely associated with EMP. Plus VxG happens like a week after Evo.

You do know they announced their date before EVO right, they asked EVO for their date this year cause they wanted no conflict Evo refused, to give them their date and when EVO did announce their date they had to move VxG date back.

soakrates

I know the drama is thick in here right now, but with VF5:FS going on sale on XBL next week and Sega Cup on the horizon, would you all be interested in watching some kind of VF5:FS tutorial/Q&A/casuals stream?

We have a pretty good scene in NorCal and if I can get enough people to agree to it we could probably put on something pretty cool with fairly knowledgeable players and good character variety.

That's not my point VxG paid for Mike and Peter to go to VxG last year and most likely didn't stipulate that they didn't have to be at evo. The EMP guys probably didn't go to evo because they couldn't afford to go to evo

I figure that since they were Complexity last year that their sponsor probably had them go to Evo.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan

I thought Triforce said something about EMP not attending Evo last year because they think Evo is dildos or whatever. Maybe that was just Triforce speak for "actually we wanted to go to da beach and couldn't afford to go to both" or something though. Or I'm just not remembering right.

In any case, I'm pulling all this stuff out of my ass and not being 100% serious, so don't take it too seriously folks :)

spoonztt

EMP got sponsored at the last minute by Duxter to go to VXG last year.

The whole EVO/VXG "beef" comes from a date clash. VXG announced their date for 2013 like a week after 2012 ended and tried to contact EVO to see if the dates were clashing this year but EVO didn't give their date to them at the time. They then announced that EVO was the same weekend that VXG had announced previously.

Emp didn't go to EVO last year because Triforce said they had bills to pay and VxG offered to send some of them to their event.

Triforce doesn't really like EVO anyway so he was happy about it.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
from what i've heard, kevin was offered a large sum of money upfront + paid travel to a lot of events. i don't offer salaries for players or signing bonuses, and maybe that's just what he wanted. ultimately it's all good :3 i'll just have to work harder to be the best team in the fgc again

You've done great things for the community, we all <3 ya!

Judderman

drawer by drawer

qrzw4tzxzdjko40.gif

Bad move.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Getting your travel expenses comp'd is a big deal. Die leaving isn't the issue- business wise it makes sense for him - but you don't let your boss hear it (officially) from someone else.

Yeah that's what I meant. Good for you that you're getting your expenses paid for, but not letting your prior sponsor know beforehand is real scummy. Sorry if it wasn't clear.

Infinite

Not trying to call anyone out here and I don't have a particular stance in the matter myself but where does most of the distrust for the VxG and Rolando come from? Is it the EMP association?

Not trying to call anyone out here and I don't have a particular stance in the matter myself but where does most of the distrust for the VxG and Rolando come from? Is it the EMP association?

I would say that is it Infinite but people may have other reasons.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
All this backstabbing is making me sick. These are grown up adults we are talking about, not little kids running around during recess practicing jump kicks. People always bitching about getting sponsored. But do they really deserve it if they are going to act this way? Be a little more professional. God. And we wonder why the bigger sponsorships don't give a shit about the FGC.

It's alright Koogy. People like you and what you have done for the community. You don't have to say or do anything. Just take the higher road and let things work itself out. That one word I don't have to say usually finds itself coming around.

All this backstabbing is making me sick. These are grown up adults we are talking about, not little kids running around during recess practicing jump kicks. People always bitching about getting sponsored. But do they really deserve it if they are going to act this way? Be a little more professional. God. And we wonder why the bigger sponsorships don't give a shit about the FGC.

It's alright Koogy. People like you and what you have done for the community. You don't have to say or do anything. Just take the higher road and let things work itself out. That one word I don't have to say usually finds itself coming around.

That is one of the main problems with the community right now, too many man childs, need to grow up.

This is just common sense regardless in whatever industry you are in. Give your two weeks or heads up. FGC still feels so immature at times. Also, I don't understand any of the wrestling talk equivalents.

ismk

You go, girl!

Top Bottom