• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | July 20-26 | No Gods or Kings, Only Tears

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
No rly people are getting matches left and right and a lot of uninterrupted time in the training room

iQkklbssfd4bb.png

Mr. X

I've played since SF2.
Ok, why do think those things make a match fast/slow? Cause those things were lacking before and existed in slow games.

Matches appear fast now because it's lopsided and people suck at defense. Like usual, most people are fixated on damage because combos are the easiest thing to find and work on.

This game will definitely slow down compared to right now. Combofiend bopping people is not representative of much.

Sayah

Everyone: Please stop using minus.com for images/gifs.

They come up empty when you image link them and I have to quote you to see the link to the image and visit the link to see what you're sharing.
BakedYams is the latest offender. :p

mbpm1

They come up empty when you image link them and I have to quote you to see the link to the image and visit the link to see what you're sharing.

Baked Yams is the constant offender =D

BadWolf

Ok, why do think those things make a match fast/slow? Cause those things were lacking before and existed in slow games.

Matches appear fast now because it's lopsided and people suck at defense. Like usual, most people are fixated on damage because combos are the easiest thing to find and work on.

This game will definitely slow down compared to right now. Combofiend bopping people is not representative of much.

The big difference is that you can't block all day like in SFIV, blocking a lot is actually a bad idea now and that alone should up the pace of the match. Just like it's a bad idea to be on the defensive too much in KOFXIII due to guard break and high reward for aggression.

Throwing fireballs from across the screen all day will also be a bad idea against most characters, similar to 3rd Strike.

Alpha counters should make it easier to reverse offense on your opponent and get back on the offensive. Then there's the counter crush mechanic as well.

Add the high damage and stun on top of that and it's obvious that they are trying to make the game faster and more aggressive.

Dahbomb

Beta luck next time is damn good, no doubt.

I still like Cowboys vs Scientists even though that topic is slightly dated now.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

Man... Now I have to research all the awesome stuff I've found throughout the year.

Baked Yams is the constant offender =D

Your face is a constant offender.

Yams gathering Ls as always.

YO HOLD DAT L SHOUTA!!!!

giphy.gif

Top Bottom