• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | July 29 - August 4 | Obey your thirst

Horseress

lCqtpF3.jpg

Oh shit Ruby Heart.

Yea Capcpcpcom gonna Capcpccppcom.

I don't get it, it's a fighting game, a rpg or what?

Tik-Tok

As much as I love the FGC, I've come to the conclusion that the overall IQ of this community is too low to save it from itself, despite the best efforts the people who do have half a brain.

The players are by and large stupid fucking idiots.

Horseress

As much as I love the FGC, I've come to the conclusion that the overall IQ of this community is too low to save it from itself, despite the best efforts the people who do have half a brain.

Chill, Spooky will save us all. He's not the hero the FGC deserves, he's the hero the FGC NEEDS

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan

If they were smart, they wouldn't be trying to make a living playing fighting games.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
The issue isn't pot splitting or even 'collusion' as far as I'm concerned. It's not taking shit seriously and trying to make a mockery of everyone who is taking it seriously (the people working the stream, the audience). The disaffected teenager attitude isn't a good look, even for teenagers.

But it isn't just Chris G acting like a child that has people miffed. It's that two players (in this case Chris and Sanford) have this ''well if you aren't going to take this seriously then neither am I'' thing going as they giggle their way through some haphazard shit. If it's just one player acting up then the other should bop them for it. Not stoop to their level. So really what we need is a bopping requirement, not anti-collusion rules.

Sheesh. I stop paying attention to the goings-on in the FGC for a week and a half, and I come back to major drama. I would ask what happened to peoples fighting spirit, but I can't condemn an entire community of players just because a couple top players decided to half-ass a finals.

Props to Spooky for laying down the law. If you want a clownshow, then stream yourself playing online, not in his grand finals.

Dahbomb

The UMVC3 team disbanded to other projects... I was wondering what they were doing and it turns a shit ton of folks at Capcom are making a shit ton of mobile/social games.

Capcom turning into SE confirmed. I will commit GAF sudoku if Capcom announces DMC5 as an online mobile social game.

If they were smart, they wouldn't be trying to make a living playing fighting games.

Seriously. There isn't enough paper to go around for this to be a viable career, and it'll take several years for it to get to that point. If it ever does.

Doing shit like this certainly won't help matters.

Nyoro SF

The UMVC3 team disbanded to other projects... I was wondering what they were doing and it turns a shit ton of folks at Capcom are making a shit ton of mobile/social games.

Capcom turning into SE confirmed. I will commit GAF sudoku if Capcom announces DMC5 as an online mobile social game.

Swipe your screen to make Dante stylish! Chain together powerful combos and share your SSS rank with your friends on facebook!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
remember when I told you guys there was already a Capcom "All Stars"

remember when it was announced so long ago

remember when the games came out nearly 3/4 of a year ago

no? k

oh look, there's Capcom "All Star," Strider right there!

Horseress

remember when I told you guys there was already a Capcom "All Stars"

remember when it was announced so long ago

remember when the games came out nearly 3/4 of a year ago

no? k

oh look, there's Capcom "All Star," Strider right there!

Well, the game is not called "Capcom All Stars"....

sleepykyo

It is Capcom All Stars. It just wasn't what everyone was expecting. I was expecting All Stars as a relatively cheap psn/xbla/pc test for a proper sequel. This, this is something else.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Some of you need to start doing what I started doing earlier in the year. Every time some company brings back some long-beloved series that's been mothballed for ages, assume that it's gonna be a browser game or a MOBA before you get excited.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
How the hell are you supposed to play a fighting game on iOS?
From the looks of the screenshots, in the SF game you'll have to buy individual moves. They've got stuff like Honda's headbutt with prices under them. Could be augmentations to those moves too, though.

TBH SFIV and SFIV Volt on iOS haven't been that bad compared to other ports but they still fucking suffer from shoehorning traditional controls onto touch screens. When developers will learn their half assed solutions will never work on those devices, I don't know.

Dahbomb

Some of you need to start doing what I started doing earlier in the year. Every time some company brings back some long-beloved series that's been mothballed for ages, assume that it's gonna be a browser game or a MOBA before you get excited.
I would actually be very excited for a Capcom All Stars MOBA.

Yea I saw that bof 6 announcement. Almost took a shit right before I read tablet/smartphone game.

Haha, yeah :p

St. Maarten might be beautiful, and while occasional rain, gusts of wind and mosquitoes do not compare to cicadas in arcade cabinets, frogs in booths and mugginess, they are still things you don't want to deal with at all when you're playing video games.

I'm saying: keep the games inside and then bring the party out! That's pretty fair, IMO.

Looking forward to TFC, by the way! I kind of want to travel out there and help out too, but my time budget this year already tried to fit three tournaments and, while I managed it, it was kind of rough.

Haha I guess I just don't want to play inside when the beach is right there. Maybe some exhibitions could be outside. I just keep getting this image of Combofiend and Mike Ross in aviator sunglasses with umbrella drinks at the commentator desk with the beach behind them. Kind of like an MTV spring break, sans the drunk college kids.

Come to TFC! Believe me, I know how taxing traveling to tournaments all year can be. Do what you can!

Dahbomb

Deep Down being an online type game is hardly surprising.

Deep Down looking like a pre-PS3 game is however. I know most people didn't expect the actual game to look as good as what they showed at the PS4 reveal but seriously... the new footage they showed looked like straight garbage.

I really hope that was super early footage shown because otherwise there is going to be a shit ton of vitriol at TGS.

Deep Down being an online type game is hardly surprising.

Deep Down looking like a pre-PS3 game is however. I know most people didn't expect the actual game to look as good as what they showed at the PS4 reveal but seriously... the new footage they showed looked like straight garbage.

I really hope that was super early footage shown because otherwise there is going to be a shit ton of vitriol at TGS.

New footage? I need to check that out.

I just wanted my next gen Dragon's Dogma though :(

DONJONJ

Neo Member
A little late, but this is AkumaHokoru who works at TNL and helps run the brackets:

Honest Facts. Real Talk.

they tried to pull one to see if we would enforce the rule.

Long and short is I asked chris would he have picked yang if they werent splitting. he said no. end of story that triggers the exact fucking rule.

Sanford counterpicking chris is a valid counterpick...except NO ONE could vouch for sanford playing rog. People have seen and fought chris's pocket yang. the counterpick is what made shit really weird and it was just like fuck you guys. so action was taken.

Pot splits are nothing new. its when people make it obvious that they are splitting by playing a throwaway/super gimmicky match in grand finals is when people will take issue with the problem if it happens because teammmates meet in the 3rd round or something I doubt anyone will bat an eye but in grand finals? thats a giant fuck you to everyone watching, entering, and running the event.

Grow up. Play your shit...

It takes two to tango.

AquaSilk ‏@AquaSilk529 11h
Hmm, looks like I won't bother going to Battle Circuit anymore...kinda whack. Sorry @goldencen @teamspooky

This could mean "Sanford/Chris not picking their shit is whack" or "Spooky pulling the plug is whack," but I'm leaning towards the latter.

Dahbomb

This a huge downgrade compared to what they showed in February.
Downgrade implies that what they showed was an actual working game... which it never was it was a target render. It may have been constructed in real time with actual hardware specs but without stuff like physics and AI it was no where near being an actual game that was playable.

onionfrog

Well, the game is not called "Capcom All Stars"....
Man, I saw a "new Onimusha game" headline and assumed it was going to be an actual next gen Onimusha game.

Then I realized it was Onimusha soul, the browser based card game. :(

Is there any series capcom can't either ruin or completely ignore?
Same thing with any SEGA franchise not named sonic and all of Square Enix ...
RIP Shining Force, Streets of Rage, Chrono Trigger

Warpticon

Haha I guess I just don't want to play inside when the beach is right there. Maybe some exhibitions could be outside. I just keep getting this image of Combofiend and Mike Ross in aviator sunglasses with umbrella drinks at the commentator desk with the beach behind them. Kind of like an MTV spring break, sans the drunk college kids.

Come to TFC! Believe me, I know how taxing traveling to tournaments all year can be. Do what you can!

One of the biggest issues with SBO was the glare. That would be a challenge to resolve during the daytime no matter how the weather is.

Top Bottom