• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | July 8-14 | All roads lead here

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Looking at that list...are we about to see NeoGAF Professor Beefcake?
Snitch turned Sitch!

19__1275874856_3648.jpg

Dahbomb

I was more referring to someone who was thinking about donating, then not donating because they thought he would reach his goal regardless.
He's like 50 bucks away, no way he's not making it all the way before midnight. And he still has a couple of days on the drive left!

If he doesn't make all the way until midnight, then I will pay for what is left all by myself.

Tik-Tok

The Vampire Savior side tournament at EVO2013 is going to be streamed by Coopa from http://www.twitch.tv/finestko

The tournament starts at 5pm this Saturday. I am thinking Sako, and Haitani should join again, and Nekohashi and Papatiwawa (Japanese Talbain) should be entering as well. I am expecting some very good competition, so please tune in!

Please re-tweet to help spread the word:
https://twitter.com/rotanibor/status/355086178820698112

Message Kadey and maybe she can add it to the EVO thread OP

Enordash

He's like 50 bucks away, no way he's not making it all the way before midnight. And he still has a couple of days on the drive left!

If he doesn't make all the way until midnight, then I will pay for what is left all by myself.

Then we can claim we got him halfway there together!

Edit: He made it.

kirblar

The arcade business model just doesn't work. Selling TCGs seems to be the best income source you can get. It's the "how do you monetize" problem unfortuantely.

The arcade business model just doesn't work. Selling TCGs seems to be the best income source you can get. It's the "how do you monetize" problem unfortuantely.

They need a beer/liquor permit.

That's probably extremely difficult to get and expensive in California.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Just now got to catch up with curleh. Kane is a beast. He seriously seems to be a cut above mentally. Im a little salty marn didnt get the W against Fchamp though. Fun event.

Busaiku

I don't understand why Super Arcade has such troubles, when places like Game Center, Next Level, Arcade UFO, The Break, and so on still manage to hold on.

Shouta

I don't understand why Super Arcade has such troubles, when places like Game Center, Next Level, Arcade UFO, The Break, and so on still manage to hold on.

I think Myung at Game Center regularly works a normal job to support the place. Game Clucks's owner, a LAN store and the place that does a lot of the monthlies here in Seattle, works another job as well in addition to running it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Incoming kirblar post about Magic: The Gathering.

But really, it is a lot about additional revenue streams and appealing to more than one type of customer. Creating a venue where people can hold non-FGC events and attract different kinds of people (not necessarily core gamers either) too is a big part of it I'd assume. Even The Break is sorta holding on for dear life.

kirblar

Incoming kirblar post about Magic: The Gathering.

But really, it is a lot about additional revenue streams and appealing to more than one type of customer. Creating a venue where people can hold non-FGC events and attract different kinds of people (not necessarily core gamers either) too is a big part of it I'd assume. Even The Break is sorta holding on for dear life.
It's not just MTG- you have YGO (if you're willing to put up with them) and Vanguard now. Also, post already happened.

GooeyHeat

Alright, this is probably a really dumb post, because, ya know, the only thing worse than anime games is anime*, but here goes: are there any FGC-related Attack on Titan parodies that you guys have seen?

Like, Shingeki no Vergil, Attack on Chris G... etc.?

Guilty Gear is one of my two favorite fighters ever
(man I wish I could edit videos myself)

Top Bottom