• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | July 8-14 | All roads lead here

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'll be really disappointed if he doesn't compete in Marvel. I want to see him win; I think he deserves it. And if he doesn't compete, how will the ultimate winner feel? Will it be satisfying?
The person will be more than satisfied to realize he or she is the unknown force that was so powerful that it gave Chris G enough of his own jittery medicine that he decided not to compete at all.

The pressure of being the favorite is getting to him. I mean it's not like he hasn't been to EVO before or he hasn't competed... he did that last year and got top 3. He is also tired of being the "heel", tired of people waiting for him to get blown up and tired of people not giving him credit because of his team. He feels like it's him against everyone else and if he wins, he will stagnate the game and cause people to quit. He sees EVO as a lose/lose situation for him... he loses people are going to blow up his loses and his loss videos will be posted up on Youtube with 10K+ views. He wins, people will call MorriDoomVergil cheap, quit the game and there will be less money for him when he goes to other tournaments because of less entrants.

The money is paltry to him as well as is the title of EVO champion. Especially when he is probably going to split the money. He's already sponsored as well.

What made the Live on Three interview hilarious was that, not only did it sound like he was going through a quarter life crisis...but it was probably the most razzled expression of someone who only values this scene for...the temporary internet fame you get by winning a lot.

It's bad... turn it off immediately.

Yeah it's not too promising so far. But I'm gonna go through it anyways, I said to myself I'm gonna go through the whole original continuity. Christ, I sat through DMC2, I'm sure I can sit through 8 more episodes of what seems to be just an average show. Though that little girl... ugh so grating

also where in the blue hell did strawberry ice cream come from

Dahbomb

Strawberry ice cream is just a little personality trait of Dante. It's red so he likes it. Sort of like him liking pizza, driving around in a red convertible and carrying his Rebellion in a guitar case when traversing the civilian population.

The DMC anime is actually canon but nothing of note actually happens in it. Probably the most important thing about the anime is how Dante goes about his business in a day to day life plus his interaction with Lady and Trish who occasionally pop up. The Lady and Trish encounter was probably the best scene because it establishes how those two actually met but everything else is so inconsequential that you miss nothing by not watching it.

It was a wasted opportunity... DMC is pitch perfect for a stylish action anime. The action is boring in this anime or in most episodes practically non-existent, the story is non-existent and there is hardly any extra back story or character development. There is nothing about any character's past life.
Dante is barely ever pushed to his limit in the series and the main villain is a snooze fest with the same motivation as every other DMC villain (DA POWA OF SPARDAAAAAA!!!!!).
About the only 2 good things I can say about the anime is that they nailed the visual design of the characters and the soundtrack is really nice.

Strawberry ice cream is just a little personality trait of Dante. It's red so he likes it. Sort of like him liking pizza, driving around in a red convertible and carrying his Rebellion in a guitar case when traversing the civilian population.

The DMC anime is actually canon but nothing of note actually happens in it. Probably the most important thing about the anime is how Dante goes about his business in a day to day life plus his interaction with Lady and Trish who occasionally pop up. The Lady and Trish encounter was probably the best scene because it establishes how those two actually met but everything else is so inconsequential that you miss nothing by not watching it.

It was a wasted opportunity... DMC is pitch perfect for a stylish action anime. The action is boring in this anime or in most episodes practically non-existent, the story is non-existent and there is hardly any extra back story or character development. There is nothing about any character's past life.
Dante is barely ever pushed to his limit in the series and the main villain is a snooze fest with the same motivation as every other DMC villain (DA POWA OF SPARDAAAAAA!!!!!).
About the only 2 good things I can say about the anime is that they nailed the visual design of the characters and the soundtrack is really nice.

So it's essentially just a slice of life with a tiny bit of action here and there and wasted potential

eh, I've watched worse, I can sit through what's left. But at least I know not to expect much from the remaining content.

Dahbomb

That series had next to no budget by the looks of things
Not really, it was animated fine for the most part. I blame Kobayashi for making it canon and boring. They should've let Madhouse just make an original self contained story and go crazy with it. I mean a DMC anime without a Dante vs Vergil sword fight? Fucking bull shit!

Not really, it was animated fine for the most part. I blame Kobayashi for making it canon and boring. They should've let Madhouse just make an original self contained story and go crazy with it. I mean a DMC anime without a Dante vs Vergil sword fight? Fucking bull shit!

I remember the animation being lazy and generally subpar, but I suppose I could be wrong. Madhouse does plenty of budget stuff too (or atleast puts their name on it), they did the super cheap Iron Man and Wolverine animes a couple of years back. I was under the impression that the series was so light on action because of animation budget constraints.

smurfx

get some go again
He's still not sure he wants to compete at all in the game. I think he will, but he's expressed this sentiment for a while but pretty much can't articulate why.

Basically he feels he has everything to lose and nothing to gain because of insignificant payouts and how after EVO nothing in the scene changes.
funny thing is that if he takes the cowards way out and decides to not even compete then he will get far more shit from the community then if he had played and lost. ultimately the person with the most to lose is champ. didn't he get a bonus from his sponsor for winning evo? he's gonna lose money on top of not being the champ anymore.

funny thing is that if he takes the cowards way out and decides to not even compete then he will get far more shit from the community then if he had played and lost. ultimately the person with the most to lose is champ. didn't he get a bonus from his sponsor for winning evo? he's gonna lose money on top of not being the champ anymore.

F. Champ confirmed to rename himself "F." if he doesn't win Evo.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Okay that was ridiculous. Could he have bold cancelled that? Flux doing smart shit but alas, Chris G getting all the right punishes.

I particularly liked Stinger xx whatever that fire tornado move is called against Doom assist.

Clawww

yo ulll that dash down flight mixup by chris

yea and FGTV definitely benefited a lot, obviously. this was really his year after winning, and lately he's been getting shit on. him winning a second time would be amazing, though.

Nah I'm just salty he beat me in this online tournament by the skin of his teeth, I wanted to play him at Final Round but I never got a chance to.

Gambit61

Another good set. Everyone must be ready for EVO lol

Edit: Gagguni blew my mind. Stream monsters are now following someone with 0 tweets lmao

Deps

I'm mindfucked, this Gagguni thing is too funny and shes good at Tekken. And LOL she went from 30 followers to 200 in a few minutes.

K.Sabot

To be fair I follow just about everyone who pimps their twitter on stream. So much that I forgot who most people are on my twitter stream.

The money is paltry to him as well as is the title of EVO champion. Especially when he is probably going to split the money. He's already sponsored as well.

I'm sure his sponsor would LOVE that he wont be representing that brand on main stage for the game he is known for and will get the most exposure. I'm sure that's what they pay him for.

I'm sure his sponsor would LOVE that he wont be representing that brand on main stage for the game he is known for and will get the most exposure. I'm sure that's what they pay him for.

They happily sponsor Fanatiq. Pretty sure they wouldn't really care what Chris G does at this point.

Top Bottom