• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | July 8-14 | All roads lead here

alex would make sense, its not like the SFxT is that different. they'll just port over characters they've already made pretty easily. probably rolento too.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Championship Edition wouldn't make sense since Super came first.
Well, it was technically branded as Champion Edition. I just don't want something that sounds as stupid as "version 20XX", "Complete," "Final," or "Arcade Edition" (which doesn't make sense itself considering previous versions hit arcades first too).

Plus that is an ass name.
Better than "Hyper." As soon as you hear that word you get flashes of everything you want to forget from the 90s like people trying to create more extreeeeeme terms like "hypercars." The word is quintessentially 90s in all the wrong ways. Nobody even calls hypers in Marvel hypers today.

Maybe "Turbo." Would cause confusion with Super Turbo in the future though, and "Super Turbo 4" or "Super 4 Turbo" don't roll off the tongue either.

I propose they take inspiration from Valve and use "Super Street Fighter 4: Still Alive."

kIgm58P.jpg

Kappa?

toypop

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/大会配信用テスト

Try Amusument Tower arcade's Uratougeki (say Duper Tower Opera) 2013 is ongoing.
This year's titles are

Day1 (today)
* The Outfoxies (Namco 1995)
* Sports Jam (SEGA 2000 ) <--- currently on streaming
* Soul Calibur III AE (Namco 2005)

Day2
* Where's Waldo? (SEGA 1992)
* Cleopatra Fortune (Taito 1996)
* CHANGE AIR BLADE (Summy 1999)

Day3
* Jackie Chan THE KUNG-FU MASTER (Kaneko 1995)
* Mario Bros (Nintendo 1983)
* StreetFighter2 CE Rainbow Edition (Capcom/? 1992 )

OceanBlue

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but my stick has been feeling weird for a while. It feels wobbly, like I can wiggle it around a bit without registering inputs. When I push it so it registers inputs it feels stiff. It's an old MadCatz Round One TE that I bought used, so I was wondering if I need to replace some parts.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but my stick has been feeling weird for a while. It feels wobbly, like I can wiggle it around a bit without registering inputs. When I push it so it registers inputs it feels stiff. It's an old MadCatz Round One TE that I bought used, so I was wondering if I need to replace some parts.
I would PM Markman or ask in the Arcade Stick thread.

SSReborn

Are there any fighting games announced for the next gen consoles yet other than KI. Seems like everything I've seen so far is getting announced for current gen.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Are there any fighting games announced for the next gen consoles yet other than KI. Seems like everything I've seen so far is getting announced for current gen.
In addition to what Astarte listed, prooooooobably TKxSF, also whatever ASW' new IP is (for PS4).

Also, I guess thread titles go since nobody will be here tomorrow. Probably some EVO/Beech combination.

don't know how I feel about the 4 new characters in the sf4 update. They seem alright, but I doubt I'll play them, maybe rolento since he might be top tier. I do like the general updates they showed, but it really seems that they haven't fixed the unblockables which I bet they can't do

edit: didnt see the first post to see that they are working on it

kirblar

don't know how I feel about the 4 new characters in the sf4 update. They seem alright, but I doubt I'll play them, maybe rolento since he might be top tier. I do like the general updates they showed, but it really seems that they haven't fixed the unblockables which I bet they can't do

edit: didnt see the first post to see that they are working on it
They fixed them in SFxT, and needing to implement that fix is likely one of the reasons they're going all the way w/ a full-fledged title update.

Edgeward

Fighting Games Weekly | Reclaiming his throne on Olympus

Fighting Games Weekly | The Curse lives

Fighting Games Weekly | How many miracles can one man have?

Fighting Games Weekly | Fuck magnets, how does Justin Wong work?

Fighting Games Weekly | Devils may cry, but GAF definitely will tonight

Fighting Games Weekly | God is a robot

Azure J

Can we just go full Megaman (Zero) for the next thread title?

FGW |OT| Return To Zero
FGW |OT| Area Zero
FGW |OT| All hail the God of Destruction

But damn, there's too many good titles given all the good shit at EVO thus far.

FGW |OT| Winners Pick a Goddamn Top Tier (Aegis, Fox, Zero)
FGW |OT| One More Year! One More Year!
FGW |OT| Shall Never Surrender

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Fighting Games Weekly | Post-EVO Pillow Talk
Fighting Games Weekly | No Gods or Kings
Fighting Games Weekly | play a fighting game, its a good game

Top Bottom