• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 1-7 | QAisTopTier

NEO0MJ

This title SUCKS, enzo.

Now please kindly incorporate this

Everyone, feel free to put your info on there. We can change the stigma of FGW not playing games one submission at a time

Maybe it would be a good idea to make the submission link hidden?

I knew Dai101. He never wanted a war with the rest of FGW, he wanted a new life for his people; for you.

We're prepared to give you that new life.

If you swear you'll join us.. when the real war begins.

Do you know what leadership means, enzo_gt? It means that the person in charge gets second guessed by every clever little twat with a mouth. But if he starts second guessing himself, that’s the end. For him, for the clever little twats, for everyone.

Sometimes a man has to make hard choices, choices that might look wrong to others but you know are right in the long run.

<3 I love this.

Vice

Now that ultra been out for a long ass time who you think is the best new char?
Decapre and Poison. Decapre has a really good toolset and is incredibly annoying. Poison is safe and has a ton of scummy setups and unblockables on most of the cast.

fader

One really bad thing about Poison is that her U1 scales so harshly after ex. Rekkas.

Does chip damage b

yea, that really sucks... I usually try to use it after an FADC uppercut or as an anti-air.

I miss when Poison used to say "I'll murder ya'! when she did move...

Sayad

Dude have insider sources telling him SFV isn't being made by Capcom, insider sources that aren't every news site that reported the SFV/Dimps thing.

I still find the post claiming Capcom was inspired by SF4 modes to make Chun's alpha costumes and put Poison in Ultra funnier though.

fader

I still find the post claiming Capcom was inspired by SF4 modes to make Chun's alpha costumes and put Poison in Ultra funnier though.

a hilarious troll effort if I do say so myself.

the insider guy, I don't know what to think...

Sayad

Odd is a cool guy. He taught a few sony employees english. Him being wrong in this instance doesn't change that.
He(or what ever info got passed to him) may not be wrong technically. SFV isn't being made by Capcom and outside Ono, it's not unheard of to say Capcom didn't care much about SF in the past few years(before SFV obviously). He just worded it in the worst way possible and played the insider shtick for something that is public knowledge at this point.

fader

It's not hard to see why.

should of clarified. Street Fighter 4. I now know how Mike Ross feels when playing this game....

Anyways bump it... I'm done with USF4, and since SFxT is dead I'm just gonna go back to GGXrd and re-learn KOF while waiting for SF5 and hopefully SF5 does not turn out like SF4.

fader

tick throwed 50-too many times?

wwe-raw-20120124023802731.gif

I don't want to get into a long winded rant but basically this game is just not fun for me.

yea, I realized what I said was silly once I read it lol.

I'll add you, I actually have more fun with this game than SF4.

steam: Shin K DASH

that's because it's more fun

steam: oneida

<3

Full Metal Alchemist.

Found this in the OT of all places, had a chuckle:

W28FxQV.png

It's true though. For a good reason.

Is this supposed to be a knock against melee? It seems like it but I think its awesome. Stay with a game you actually like. Don't play the new shit if you don't like it. I feel like thats a pretty big problem with most competetive gaming.

Mhm.

ye, and now I'm saying fuck that tall chick. My wins dont feel like my own >:|

I actually wanted to play Ibuki but feel the same way about her.

I just want to know my losses are my own.

I think my favorite new mechanic in Smash 4 is ledge trumping. I love the offstage fighting aspect in Smash and ledge trumping just adds so much more to it without making things too easy by removing ledge invincibility after the first ledge grab. It makes gimps feel much more earned than just edge hogging like the previous games.

D:

Now that ultra been out for a long ass time who you think is the best new char?

Elena = barf
Hugo = barf
Dekappa = zzzzzzzzzzz - barf
Poison = uhhh, maybe?
Rolento = barf

By process of elimination, Poison is easily the least intolerable.

Yes, I think 5 is being made by Dimps as well. Dimps is a great development house, so I'm not worried about the quality of SFV.

Given how horrible the SF4 engine is and the amount of misset data, I want to scream while reading this statement.

So I have come to the conclusion that I officially hate playing Street Fighter 4... lol

Took me a year and a half and the release of KOF13 SE to realize it was the game and not the genre that made me not want to play. Used to be frustrated and salty as hell, and it just went away after I dropped SF4. I don't think I've ever come across a more frustrating game in my life.

alstein

should of clarified. Street Fighter 4. I now know how Mike Ross feels when playing this game....

Anyways bump it... I'm done with USF4, and since SFxT is dead I'm just gonna go back to GGXrd and re-learn KOF while waiting for SF5 and hopefully SF5 does not turn out like SF4.

I felt the same way about KOF13 you did about SF4. I think it's just old games bias- if I hadn't played and loved 98 and 02 so much I might have liked 13 a lot more.

If PC's were viable at tournies, I think UM games would outdraw 13 at majors. At least 02UM.

Nearly everyone I know who hates SF4 is a 3s head. I fully expect the 09ers to hate on SF5.

fader

As long as the talent keeps playing sf4 I'm okay with this.

ouch. my feeling

not really

Time for some love/hate speeches this week...

hmm.. I always enjoy watching a good Guilty Gear Venom player, it's like watching art at work. Fisticuffs Johnny has recently become my favorite character to watch, also Captain Falcon is always fun to watch.

as far as what I don't like. Virgil and Zero are definitely some(then again, I don't really watch MVC3), C Viper, and Kung Lao

96t1uWx.jpg

Oooh, sweet one!

SF4:
Love: Ken, Evil Ryu, Akuma, Sagat, Dhalsim, Chun-Li, Bipson, Claw, Boxer, Hakan, Viper, Oni, Sekiganryu, Amiyu Gen

Dislike: Xian Gen, Daigo Ryu

Hate: Fuerte, Ultra newcomers, pre-patch Seth

KOF13:
Love: Ash (esp. if played like Jerome does), Kim, King, Duo Lon, Kyo, K'
Dislike: Takuma
Hate: Chin

UNIEL:

Love: Gordeau, Hyde, Linne, Hilda, Eltnum

Dislike: Carmine, Waldstein

3S:

Love: Chun, Ken, Ryu, Akuma, Hugo, Ibuki

Dislike: Oro, Makoto

KOF 2002UM:

Love: Nameless, Kasumi, K', King, Jhun, Heidern, O.Chris, Foxy

Hate: Bao

Melee:

Love: Fox, Falco, Falcon, Ganondorf, Samus, Young Link, Jigglypuff, Peach, Pikachu

Hate: ICs

Brawl:

Love: Meta Knight, Marth, Snake, Falco, Pikachu

Hate: ICs, Dedede, Wario, Ganondorf

Guilty Gear:

Love: Venom, Faust, Zato, Millia, Elphelt, Sol, Ky, Potemkin
Dislike: Slayer
Hate: Leo, Chipp, Axl

VSav:

Love: Morrigan, Lilith, Demitri, Zabel

Dislike: Sasquatch, Talbain

Nearly everyone I know who hates SF4 is a 3s head. I fully expect the 09ers to hate on SF5.

I'm an '012er who started on SF4. I've just found out over time trying games that I just like the old games better for the most part. They just handle much more nicely.

Sayad

Love:
This is a no answer, but the characters I play are the ones a enjoy watching the most simply because I "get" what's going on more so than while watching other characters.

Hate:
Decapre and generally keep away characters with low engagement rate, ie, characters where their keep away comes from their movement options instead of having to fight for staying out. I'm fine with Morridoom, Sim, Lambda or any character that has to attack to keep the other player out but things like Magneto against immobile characters is where I draw the line.

I guess other than Decapre, it's more a hate of the match-up than the character.

jerry1594

96t1uWx.jpg
Don't watch Ultra much, but I do like watching Fei Long
Hate: Seth, Decapre, Fuerte

Vsav:
Love: BB Hood, Zabel, Anakaris
Hate: Sasquatch (like watching him lose)

The random Garou streams
Like: Tizoc
Dislike: Kevin

3S
Love: Everyone
Kind of hate: Ken mirrors, Oro sa2 and 3 maiming

Played 100~ games of Persona today
Jeez, why is net play so shitty.

I got probably less than 500 games during the month that P4U launched in america.

Compared to that I can get at least 10000 games in EXVS in a year.

Playing Xrd over last month I got less than 200.

Top Bottom