• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 1-7 | QAisTopTier

On the ICs hate: It is only because of the chaingrab. I despise chaingrabs in Smash with a passion. If IC gameplay did not revolve around the chaingrab infinites, they'd be on the Love list in both games because their design is awesome otherwise.

Horseress

Oooh, sweet one!

SF4:
Daigo Ryu

cdtf.gif

I can agree on Xian's Gen not being that exciting to watch tho

Time for some love/hate speeches this week...
96t1uWx.jpg

Lemme see...

Vergil and Doom in UMvC3
basically I don't like to watch any Marvel stream nowadays
Viper in SFIV
Fox in Melee
Mr. Karate in KOFXIII

TacosNSalsa

96t1uWx.jpg

I really only watch SF4 so here goes.

Hate:Rufus , despise this character and everything about him I can't stand to watch anyone of any level play him.

E.Honda: I know that hands is part of the foundation of his offense but doesn't mean I enjoy watching it ..he can be extremely boring.

Love: just about everyone else but Guy in particular. I love seeing how people have to get in with him to do their damage, every time he runs at Gief or Hawk my heart stops!

Tripon

Smash 4 just hit the 256 Mark. $1,000 Pot Bonus achieved. Melee at 223 but I'm not caught up yet, Marvel at 81, Will it hit 100???

Melee just hit 256, another $1k Pot bonus to Top 8 earned, it's actually catching up to Smash 4 now which is at 275. Marvel-87. Not Done Yet

https://twitter.com/CEOJebailey

Marvel needs 100 entries in order to a $1K pot bonus.

Tanya huh,,,,,looks cool

Looks like they fixed her face model.

Onemic

96t1uWx.jpg

SF4

Love:

Fei Long, Yang, Daigo eryu, Gamerbee Adon, Momochi Ken, Oni, Sagat

Hate:

Rufus, Blanka, Fuerte, Viper, Cammy, Decapre

3s:

Love:

Ken, Yang, Necro, Urien, Akuma, Dudley

Hate:

Chun

CvS2:

Hate: Blanka, Chun, cammy

Tripon

96t1uWx.jpg

Melee: Peach-Puff is a struggle.
Smash 4: Diddy dittos were a plague early, but now my hate has moved to Sonic players. Just about everyone not named 6WX play that character so campy that I am actively switching the channel now.

Marvel: Zero May Die

SFIV: I don't understand Dee Jay and will never care to.

Salty Bets: S tier battles decided by laser spam.

On the ICs hate: It is only because of the chaingrab. I despise chaingrabs in Smash with a passion. If IC gameplay did not revolve around the chaingrab infinites, they'd be on the Love list in both games because their design is awesome otherwise.

you are off my questionable list....for now

More Daigo stuff: I dislike his Ryu because I've come to appreciate lively play more and more lately (I blame all the anime), and Daigo's Ryu isn't very lively in the sense I mean it. Him switching to Evil Ryu was a blessing: His use of buttons in situations became much more varied than it was with his very minimalistic Ryu style, and he plays a bit more aggressively than just doing fireball over and over again.
This is the reason I like Sekiganryu - his play is extremely "by the book", but also extremely crisp and there's a variety to his style that Daigo tends to lack nowadays.

The recent Daigo-Momochi set was amazing because both of them are the kind of person who can just sit there and maybe press a button once a year and be fine with that, yet somehow we got a really sharp and amazingly active set with lots of aggression.

convo

More Daigo stuff: I dislike his Ryu because I've come to appreciate lively play more and more lately (I blame all the anime)

Wow then there is no saving you until you get tired of it yourself ,going full anime is not a healthy diet. I learned to be respectful to the styles of play that aren't just CUARZY hyper fighting stuff, i am not screaming his name in my sleep but he didn't get where he is without talent.

Wow then there is no saving you until you get tired of it yourself ,going full anime is not a healthy diet. I learned to be respectful to the styles of play that aren't just CUARZY hyper fighting stuff, i am not screaming his name in my sleep but he didn't get where he is without talent.

I didn't say he was bad. I said I find other styles of play more entertaining to watch, which is what shaowebb asked about.

mbpm1

Anime is a miracle.jpg

Anne

Jeez, why is net play so shitty.

I got probably less than 500 games during the month that P4U launched in america.

Compared to that I can get at least 10000 games in EXVS in a year.

Playing Xrd over last month I got less than 200.

I mean Persona netplay is slightly more tolerable. Baby mode combos with multi hits and lots of hitstun, neutral is a bit slower with more direct buttons, etc.

I could realistically play 100~ a day if I really wanted to but at that point it's quantity over quality. I'd rather do like one or two FT10s with the top players a week at this point.

Fighting games need more giant robots.

But would you really trust Capcom with Kikaioh 2 today?

I could realistically play 100~ a day if I really wanted to but at that point it's quantity over quality. I'd rather do like one or two FT10s with the top players a week at this point.
Sure, but when starting out its really useful to just get games in. Even at intermediate level you might eventually try playing entirely differently and getting a good number of games in is useful for that as well.

convo

I didn't say he was bad. I said I find other styles of play more entertaining to watch, which is what shaowebb asked about.

Understandable, some people do get really angry and annoyed when confronted with "off" play-styles mostly when they lose to it,over and over again.

Anne

But would you really trust Capcom with Kikaioh 2 today?

Sure, but when starting out its really useful to just get games in. Even at intermediate level you might eventually try playing entirely differently and getting a good number of games in is useful for that as well.

Oh yeah, for sure. The games I spent yesterday were mostly me experimenting around with messing with people out of neutral by doing nothing lol was worth doing so I get used to doing it. Starting out it's a must, I'm starting to learn BB and the lack of games I can get on it is killing me.

petghost

Banned
I need to work on my anti-airs. I can't stop anyone from jumpin in on my Makoto. Especially when all I play online is shotos.

What are her good anti airs? I know cr mk is great and lowers her hitbox a ton and I'm guessing st. Mp is good cuz it's active forever.

What are her good anti airs? I know cr mk is great and lowers her hitbox a ton and I'm guessing st. Mp is good cuz it's active forever.

s.mp and cr.mk are her only good ones. cr.hk is way too slow to be considered viable online. Her Ultra 1 is actually a great anti-air, but I'm nowhere near fast enough to do the input online without a prediction.

Edit: looking for ways to punish too. Looks like her karakusa is pretty good for as soon as they land, but I'd like something that links.

Anne

Speaking of Persona, I played vanilla the other day with friends. I would kill to have vanilla's neutral game back, P4U2 neutral is the whackest fucking shit ever.

Negaduck

96t1uWx.jpg

Only going to put the characters I love
SF4:

Hakan
Sim
Geif
Hawk
Bison
Oni
Hugo

Mk:

Goro
Quan chi
Kenshi
Sonya
Kotal Kahn
Ferra/for
Sub zero

Umvc3
Hulk
Haggar
Spencer
Strange
Magneto
Virgil
Dante
Nova

Xrd
Faust
Pot
Venom
Zato
Leo

3s
Hugo
Necro
Q

Mvc2

Anyone. Love all aspects of that game

Smash
3D
Olimar
Villager
Mario
Bowser jr.

zlatko

Banned
Most hype characters on screen?

Decapre in SF4.
..no one in MKX. They all get the same hype from me. I guess maybe Nimble Reptile?

The most hype though? Watching FAB play as Potemkin in GGxrd. That shit is pure ecstasy.

Anne

FAB's Xrd 1.1 Tier list exists:

S+ : Zato, Millia
S: Elphelt, Faust, Axl
A: Sol, Ky, Chipp, Sin
B: I-No, May, Venom, Leo, Bedman, Slayer, Ram (left -> strongest, right -> weakest. only for B!)
C: Potemkin

Deps

s.mp and cr.mk are her only good ones. cr.hk is way too slow to be considered viable online. Her Ultra 1 is actually a great anti-air, but I'm nowhere near fast enough to do the input online without a prediction.

Edit: looking for ways to punish too. Looks like her karakusa is pretty good for as soon as they land, but I'd like something that links.

She has a lot more than s.mp and cr.mk

s.mk and s.hk are great for far jumpins. For certain characters like Zangief and Hugo you can't cr.mk some of their jumpins, but cr.hk or s.mk will work every time

s.lp is great for neutral jumps. If you dash in and during the dash you see that they jumped, s.lp

jump mp/hp are also amazing. jmp is good from mid range, and jump back hp from close

dp is my favorite AA with her. It takes a lot of time to get used to it, but the reward is amazing and it can be used in a lot of situations. My favorite is throw and buffer in a dp motion. If the throw whiffed(they neutral jumped expecting karakusa), press lp for the dp.
Her dp also shuts down x-ups in neutral, Mak should never block a x-up in neutral.

She has a lot more than s.mp and cr.mk

s.mk and s.hk are great for far jumpins. For certain characters like Zangief and Hugo you can't cr.mk some of their jumpins, but cr.hk or s.mk will work every time

s.lp is great for neutral jumps. If you dash in and during the dash you see that they jumped, s.lp

jump mp/hp are also amazing. jmp is good from mid range, and jump back hp from close

dp is my favorite AA with her. It takes a lot of time to get used to it, but the reward is amazing and it can be used in a lot of situations. My favorite is throw and buffer in a dp motion. If the throw whiffed(they neutral jumped expecting karakusa), press lp for the dp.
Her dp also shuts down x-ups in neutral, Mak should never block a x-up in neutral.

Yeah I think my problem is, is that I'm nowhere near fast enough to react with anything but a s.mp or cr.mk. My DPs are really bad, and I hate to just blame the netcode, but it doesn't make things any easier. I can barely pull of an EX fukiage off a s.mp in a match when I do it all the time in the training room, let alone be able to react with it as an AA.

But i guess that's in the process of getting gud.

Top Bottom