• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 10-16 | We got new fighting games! And a new Smash Bros!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
fight games NOW | I don't like listening to Kanye West and his face is annoying
tumblr_lmcczgE1tN1qg0v71o1_500.gif

Kioshen

Some random game journalist said that Sony essentially won the console generation in 5 minutes of E3. I agree with it. There has been no moment in previous console generations where you could pin point and say "yeah that right there... that's where they won/lost it".

The Playstation reveal at E3 1995 vs Saturn was a moment like that. They dropped the mic hard during that one.

Dahbomb

I honestly can't trust Mike Z much if he "liked KI a lot" and trashes the new KI for having balance issues before the game is even released. I mean complaining about 50% combos when KI2 had brain dead easy infinites leading to 100%... not hit stun or damage scaling whatsoever. It's not he released Skullgirls with perfect balance when it came out.

The Playstation reveal at E3 1995 vs Saturn was a moment like that. They dropped the mic hard during that one.
Was not around back then to experience it, I mean I was alive but I didn't have Internet back then. I just know that Sega stealth launched the console while being much more expensive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waEb9knpIrQ

Infiltration (Akuma) vs Popi (Cammy) in winner's bracket.

I was wrong, he did use U2 against Cammy I had it mixed up with another match where he used U1.

But now I understand why he switched to Ryu in the Grand Finals, Popi was able to comeback on him in two combos, first game he got dizzy twice and was struggling thru out the games.

that offcentered energizer logo is irritating

I don't think anyone was stupid at E3. Microsoft played their cards well too... I mean it's like one guy on a Poker table having 2 of Clubs with a 4 of Diamonds and another having Ace and Jack of Hearts. Microsoft just didn't have good cards to begin with so they did what they could with it at E3. Sony just had to call out Microsoft on the DRM bluff going all in... and Sony came out on top.

Some random game journalist said that Sony essentially won the console generation in 5 minutes of E3. I agree with it. There has been no moment in previous console generations where you could pin point and say "yeah that right there... that's where they won/lost it". I guess you could make the case for the PS3 launching at $599 but they still recovered from it into a position where they are at least on par with 360 worldwide although PS3 losing their throne was more than just the price tag.
By "stupid at E3", I was referring to what was brought to the table. The poker analogy doesn't work because Microsoft got to choose its cards.

fight games NOW | I don't like listening to Kanye West and his face is annoying
Ass music by an ass clown.

I honestly can't trust Mike Z much if he "liked KI a lot" and trashes the new KI for having balance issues before the game is even released. I mean complaining about 50% combos when KI2 had brain dead easy infinites leading to 100%... not hit stun or damage scaling whatsoever. It's not he released Skullgirls with perfect balance when it came out.
Did you listen to him, or are you just repeating what people in the thread have said?

Put KI in Marvel.

i4dUalMafOuVB.gif
Watching Li Joe play is seriously nostalgic.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So I just listened to the whole Mike Z/KI thing and he was being kinda a dick about how he was talking about it, but he did express legitimate concerns.

"They haven't made fighting games before" is kinda an odd criticism coming from the guy who just made his first fighting game though.

Dahbomb

Did you listen to him, or are you just repeating what people in the thread have said?
I did listen to him, I was just joking about the Sanford Kelly part.

"They haven't made fighting games before" is kinda an odd criticism coming from the guy who just made his first fighting game though.
Pretty much yea... he should be more sympathetic to the situation. I guess this is the difference when someone has to make a game in an established franchise versus someone who has to make a game in a new IP.

So I just listened to the whole Mike Z/KI thing and he was being kinda a dick about how he was talking about it, but he did express legitimate concerns.

Mike Z is often kind of a dick on the stream, but it's sort of FChamp-esque.

I did listen to him, I was just joking about the Sanford Kelly part.

I dig

And the original KI was Rare's first fighting game.

Not to mention the team members who individually have experience working on a fighting game.

Top Bottom