• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | March 4-10 | The Empire Strikes Black

Infinite

Yep I'm out

tumblr_mj0rjrJZmK1rzik5eo1_500.gif

Dahbomb

People thought I hated Mike Ross a few Weeks ago when I made a little rant.

That is nothing compared to my feeling towards Triforce. Bar none the most fraudulent person in the FGC. I hope someone cracks down on this game he is playing because it's a blow up waiting to happen.

And I just lost 2 games of Dota 2 after a clean 5 win streak including a CM win. I am mad salty right now.

That is nothing compared to my feeling towards Triforce. Bar none the most fraudulent person in the FGC. I hope someone cracks down on this game he is playing because it's a blow up waiting to happen.

At least I can agree with you on that.

The problem with the Fighting Game scene running the pro wrestling playbook is that being fraudulent isn't necessarily a negative according those pages.

That mindset was the one that thought a gross reality show would make for great publicity.

Of course it wouldn't. Of course it didn't.

Will this beach shit blow up in people's faces? Probably. But will brakes get pumped before people drive headlong into the fireball? Probably not.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
The problem with the Fighting Game scene running the pro wrestling playbook is that being fraudulent isn't necessarily a negative according those pages.

That mindset was the one that thought a gross reality show would make for great publicity.

I'm pretty sure Capcom's intention with Cross Assault was not to make a "gross reality show."

phaonaut

Will this beach shit blow up in people's faces? Probably. But will brakes get pumped before people drive headlong into the fireball? Probably not.

Cross Assault seemed like a success outside of the kotaku stuff, people watched the hell out of it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The thing that frustrates me about Triforce is how he is still relevant. Yeah people are entertained by other's misfortune, or idiocy in this case, but how the fuck does this man still stay afloat? How does he even have an income? How the fuck does a paranoid ass company like Nintendo choose him as an ambassador or w/e knowing he's the most unprofessional, delusional and unstable man alive?

I refuse to believe a laundry list of achievements of individual players on The Empire over the course of history are enough to keep people giving him business or working with him TODAY. He's not even slick enough to talk his way into these things.

Dahbomb

I would actually say that Cross Assault was a net positive for SFxT. I would love that shit for a new Marvel game. Capcom would never do it but it would still be hilarious.

But back to the topic at hand, the whole WWExFGC is just for the fun of it and not meant to be taken seriously. I am fine with promos being cut for rivalry/exhibition matches but what I don't like is the unnecessary drama that gets stirred up and somehow Triforce ends up getting smack at the middle of it.

This shit is just going to keep escalating until VxG. Triforce is really feeling himself right now, he has the FGC thinking he is relevant again.

I would actually say that Cross Assault was a net positive for SFxT. I would love that shit for a new Marvel game. Capcom would never do it but it would still be hilarious.

But back to the topic at hand, the whole WWExFGC is just for the fun of it and not meant to be taken seriously. I am fine with promos being cut for rivalry/exhibition matches but what I don't like is the unnecessary drama that gets stirred up and somehow Triforce ends up getting smack at the middle of it.

This shit is just going to keep escalating until VxG. Triforce is really feeling himself right now, he has the FGC thinking he is relevant again.

Real talk, if they did a Marvel vs Capcom Assault for Marvel 4, they need Yipes to be the coach for Team Mahvel, and Combo to be the coach for Team Capcom, it's the only way.

I would actually say that Cross Assault was a net positive for SFxT.

Nah, the only net effect it had outside of people who were already going to purchase it was the controversy that was bound to come from the fact the scene is what it is and people were going to be videotaping it nonstop.

It was a reality show. They cast who they cast knowing what might happen. And then it happened. That's how they work.

the whole WWExFGC is just for the fun of it and not meant to be taken seriously. I am fine with promos being cut for rivalry/exhibition matches but what I don't like is the unnecessary drama that gets stirred up and somehow Triforce ends up getting smack at the middle of it.

Oh, I agree, but just like the late 90s/early 2000s when it came to hip hop, you had people who either had big problems separating the showmanship from reality, or flat out refusing to consider that you could put on a show and not take the part home with you.

Triforce is definitely the latter. And there are quite a few people both spectating AND participating who are toeing a blurry line.

How many people paying attention essentially believe "it's still real to me, dammit?"

kirblar

You don't see how a scripted programs about dudes beating each other up might have lots of crossover appeal with a game about dudes beating each other up?

I got a friend who's pretty high up in the independent scene (backstage/booking/promoting and shit) and he's come to the conclusion that everyone who becomes a wrestler has some deep personal issues. Like they were bullied as kids, never fit in with other kids, or their dad never loved them, or something that left a lot of emotional baggage. Why else would you want to escape to an alternate reality where you're a tough dude who beats people up? You could probably draw some parallels to those of us that play fighting games daily.

kirblar

I got a friend who's pretty high up in the independent scene (backstage/booking/promoting and shit) and he's come to the conclusion that everyone who becomes a wrestler has some deep personal issues. Like they were bullied as kids, never fit in with other kids, or their dad never loved them, or something that left a lot of emotional baggage. Why else would you want to escape to an alternate reality where you're a tough dude who beats people up? You could probably draw some parallels to those of us that play fighting games daily.
Then you have a guy like Brock who's just naturally built for it....

and then he realizes it's not worth his time or effort, takes his money, then goes home because he's not emotionally invested. (Not a criticism, just an observation.)

sleepykyo

What is it with the FGC and professional wrestling?

Both feed on contrived drama.

you guys ever play so bad that you wonder if you were always this bad or you are just having a bad day?

Yes. Though in my case, I was wondering if my hands were too far gone to play fighting games. (I've always had bad hands in the sense I can't keep my hands steady of even properly straighten my fingers).

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I honestly don't think that most of the drama in the FGC is staged, it's just full of a bunch of people who can't self-monitor and the stream aspect to it all gives people a platform that coaxes them into always having something to say vs. being more reserved.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
I honestly don't think that most of the drama in the FGC is staged, it's just full of a bunch of people who can't self-monitor and the stream aspect to it all gives people a platform that coaxes them into always having something to say vs. being more reserved.

I concur

Top Bottom