• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | March 4-10 | The Empire Strikes Black

Yeah he said his sponsor already pays for his rent. Which is surprising to me, but it just makes the fact that he's charging someone to live in his house that much even more amusing.

Well, you know, 1100 dollars to live with one of the most abrasive, polarizing players in the FGC, and then Shady and Ricky. Totally seems like a good deal to me. Kappa

K.Sabot

img_20121210_212135ywu1a.jpg

God's Beard said I should post this for you. Not sure the whole story, but he said it was important.

He's banned for a bit.......or something. o_O

Pretty sure the pic has something to do with this thread.

Beckx

I've always wanted to play it, just didn't want to spend money on another stick.

If you have someone to play with locally, there's always Dolphin (but you need a powerful rig to run it at "perfect" emulation, otherwise you get lag the first time you use a move).

TvC is still plenty fun to play today, and the controls being somewhat close to Marvel 3 saves me from being screwed by muscle memory whenever I revisit it. Shame about that netcode, though.

Dahbomb

+1 to TvC having great art. At times it looks better than MVC3. Game is stunning for the hardware that it's on.

That fake SF4 is a whole new level of terribad artstyle.

I've always wanted to play TvC, but I didn't want to find my Wii. :\

I might purchase a copy when I pick up a WiiU someday.

Might want to preemptively pick up a copy soon. It's getting harder to find these days.

I could see it ending up like MvC2 (before the PSN/XBLA release) where prices got jacked up because it was out of print.

I meant polarizing in either a "you like him, or you don't" type of way.

Yeah so who likes him again?

Who is the FGC equivalent of John Cena?????

JWong by far. Only has a few moves he learnt on the first day of the job but still manages to be the biggest name who still wins.

As for art style, I love SF4 as a game but the steroid type fighters has never been appealing. I think the issue is actually trying to be true to the past art but in 3D. It just doesn't quite work.

Beckx

Might want to preemptively pick up a copy soon. It's getting harder to find these days.

I could see it ending up like MvC2 (before the PSN/XBLA release) where prices got jacked up because it was out of print.

Yeah, now that Capcom no longer has the license there won't be any more copies.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Yeah but when (which to be fair, not happening a lot recently) Chris G loses he doesn't smirk and immediately disregard it.

Chris G cries.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Thread titles for next week, go!

I don't know what else happened this week besides Yipes betrayalton and maybe the monopoly stuff people are getting hype about.

Grecco

angelic is really good wtf are you talking about. he is basically doing everything zak bennett should've been in this game but couldn't accomplish for whatever reason.

I dont know what that exactly means i do know hes not socal last time i checked which was my point its bizarre to pick him when theres other people who are from so cal to rep so cal

Dahbomb

What's the over/under on how long Neo takes to swap Phoenix out for Vergil?
He was doing well with her lately so not anytime soon but it's coming. Phoenix remains competitively viable because TAC infinites have started to become extremely prevalent and there's just meter surplus all over the place. Being able to survive the mix up and combo to activate LVL3XF is a pretty big deal when it's very possible to lose your character in an incoming mix up or unavoidable/unblockable situation.

I'll be on in 4 minutes then
Great games

I literally grinned from ear to ear when that swimsuit grappler did that Zangief inspired super. Zenia Valov, Konoha and Heart Aino are amazingly fun to play. Elsa also has potential.

You seemed to know what you were doing. Have you played this game before? Those were practically my first matches ever in this game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApOf2VlN20k

New fighting game by the designer of Skullgirls before MikeZ. Featuring art/designs by a talented guy, with a character who's all Soul Eater.
I have no idea what to expect.
After learning that the art style for Skullgirls was in place before Mike Z got there my opinion of him was greatly improved.
Have you seen Mike's drawings? The guy can't draw for crap lmao. It was basically Alex Ahad doing the art while Mike handled the programming/fighting related stuff. Some of Mike's favorites are Lei Lei, Potemkin, Tager(or best of the BB bunch), Doom and Tron. They are a far ways off from the designs in Skullgirls. P
There better not be a Platinum in a school swimsuit or I swear to God...

Top Bottom