• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I just bought myself a $30 Italian meal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got myself some Manicotti, a quart of Ministrone, a whole damn loaf of bread and I'm washing it down with the sweet satisfaction that everyone can suck my dick because I'm eating Italian FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOd

Post your dinner, cause it's not better than mine.

NwqsK.jpg

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I had home-cooked spaghetti, garlic bread and roasted potatoes/carrots. Weird mix but my partner's cooking shits all over everything atop a high tower.

Ela Hadrun

Probably plays more games than you
I had a turkey burger and cheese fries.

It was actually pretty okay, but eating at the diner here always makes me miss the diners of all the other places I've lived. (Okay not the diners in Florida)

Acid08

Banned
Ela Hadrun said:
I had a turkey burger and cheese fries.

It was actually pretty okay, but eating at the diner here always makes me miss the diners of all the other places I've lived. (Okay not the diners in Florida)
Whenever I make burgers now they're usually turkey. I'm growing into liking them a lot more than beef burgers.

MisterHero

$30 Sushi platter

course 1: Salad and Miso soup
course 2: 4pc Tempura, 6pc California roll, 4pc shrimp and a whole bunch of other stuff
course 3: green tea ice cream

:9

I_D

God's Beard said:
I got myself some Manicotti, a quart of Ministrone, a whole damn loaf of bread and I'm washing it down with the sweet satisfaction that everyone can suck my dick because I'm eating Italian FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOd

fvbx8h.jpg

That is the most overpriced meal I've ever seen.

You can get almost that exact meal for 8 dollars where I live.

Immortal_Daemon said:

$18 + $5 delivery charge + tax & tip = :-(

I wish I still lived in San Francisco...

ok now I'm having buyer's remorse. I'm poor as fuck right now, and I've got like a hundred bucks until I find a job...

God's Beard said:

fvbx8h.jpg
$30 for that crap? You got served.

I had a $30 meal from Red Lobster. Now while the OP's meal may not look too pleasing,
I'm almost certain it tasted better than my meal cause my shit tasted like butt, mixed with ass, served with a side of fresh derriere. :(

Acid08 said:
How do people enjoy Subway? Seriosuly have some self respect and get a Quizno's $5 footlong.
You know with the price of gas I'm not driving the extra 5 minutes, I usually get Quizno's though the chicken carbona is godly.

biggkidd32 said:
Subway's pretty crappy.
The one around me isn't bad at all, not as good as Quizno's but there still pretty good.

fudgey_lumpkins said:
I had a $30 meal from Red Lobster. Now while the OP's meal may not look to pleasing,
I'm almost certain it tasted better than my meal cause my shit tasted like butt, mixed with ass, served with a side of fresh derriere. :(
It is delicious :D

Except the minestrone tastes like Chef Boyardee :-( even has these little kiddy round noodles. How do you fuck up Minestrone?

Acid08

Banned
yankeeforever2 said:
You know with the price of gas I'm not driving the extra 5 minutes, I usually get Quizno's though the chicken carbona is godly.

The one around me isn't bad at all, not as good as Quizno's but there still pretty good.
Chicken Carbonara with extra sauce is my usual order. Soooo good.

Ela Hadrun

Probably plays more games than you
Acid08 said:
Whenever I make burgers now they're usually turkey. I'm growing into liking them a lot more than beef burgers.

My mom was a huge health nut in the eighties and raised us on vaguely substituted American food. Turkey burgers were one of the few things I didn't wish I had gone to my friend up the street's house for dinner.

Turkey hot dogs, on the other hand, at least in 1987, were nasty as the all get out. Blecccch.

God's Beard said:

fvbx8h.jpg

$30 for that? You got ripped off. But it's better than what I'll be eating in the cafeteria in an hour. At least it will only be $5 though.

Choke on the Magic said:
$30 for that? You got ripped off. But it's better than what I'll be eating in the cafeteria in an hour. At least it will only be $5 though.
oh god I wish I was still at state eating in the cafeteria. freeeeeee fooooooooood..... buffett...

itxaka

Defeatist
30$????

For that I prefer to go to a good italian, with Lambrusco and everything.

Damn, 30 bucs for a meal in a plastic box :lol

Acid08

Banned
The only decent Italian place I live near is called Frankie, Johnny, and Luigi's. Their meat ravioli is really tasty, they have this bread with sausage and cheese baked into it that's to die for, and their meatballs are the size of softballs no joke.

Pizza Hut. Pizza was fine, chocolate bread sticks things were fine, the Tuscani pasta tasted like beefaroni. Restaurant quality my ass.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Mr.City said:
$30 for a fucking beggar's meal?
:lol

Ah well, it's the taste that counts I find. I could go hit a chinese restaurant and pay $60 for a good meal, $40 for an indian restaurant or spend $10-15 on groceries and cook at home and have leftovers the next day.

Xenon

speedpop said:
:lol

Ah well, it's the taste that counts I find. I could go hit a chinese restaurant and pay $60 for a good meal, $40 for an indian restaurant or spend $10-15 on groceries and cook at home and have leftovers the next day.

I just bought myself a $30 Italian meal

WFT, where do you people live? I need to open a restaurant there.

Xabora

Immortal_Daemon said:

He had to have it shipped via FedEX for REAL food.

MaizeRage25 said:
This may be the worst bragging thread of all time.

On a side note, if there is a delivery fee should you still tip??

Yes you should still tip. The delivery fee is probably to cover the cost of gas. When I worked at Domino's they charged a dollar delivery fee and that was given to me to cover the rising cost of gas. You don't want it to pay the fee go pick it up yourself.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
pfft..I can buy pasta, the sauce, ground beef, bread, and some italian cheese for 10 bux.

I sewar people these days can't cook shit for themselves.

GhaleonEB

Acid08 said:
Costco pizza and a coke.
Oh god yes yes.

Add a churro and it's perfection.

I grilled tonight. Chicken breasts, corn grilled in the husk and herb red potatoes.

Fan-fucking-tastic.

capslock

Is jealous of Matlock's emoticon
Dude, i don't mean to pile on but how the hell did that end up costing 30 bucks? Are you including delivery fee and tip as well? Even then that's stretching it.

capslock said:
Dude, i don't mean to pile on but how the hell did that end up costing 30 bucks? Are you including delivery fee and tip as well? Even then that's stretching it.
18 bucks uncluding a salad I bought my sister, tax, delivery charge, tip.

Verano said:
pfft..I can buy pasta, the sauce, ground beef, bread, and some italian cheese for 10 bux.

I sewar people these days can't cook shit for themselves.
actually this is the first time I've had food delivered in months. I usually cook for myself. I'm thinking that once I get a job, I'll start making indian and chinese food again for myself. Until then, it's back to yogurt and apples tommorow :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom