• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I just bought myself a $30 Italian meal

Status
Not open for further replies.
samus4ever said:
Yes you should still tip. The delivery fee is probably to cover the cost of gas. When I worked at Domino's they charged a dollar delivery fee and that was given to me to cover the rising cost of gas. You don't want it to pay the fee go pick it up yourself.

So, the delivery cost does end up going to the driver?

way more

For 30 bucks I would expect a nice seafood risotto with a glass of wine.

800px-Risotto_Alla_Marinara.jpg

full-bottle-wine-glass-1.jpg

Are you some sort of shmuck? Did you buy your meal though a proxy?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
For $30 I can buy the ingredients to make a far better pasta dish, have enough to serve three people, and still have money left over.

Fio said:
Where are the other portions? Will you eat them all?
in my fridge, for eating later.

Stop making fun of me guys, I thought that food would be awesome, if I knew I was gonna get chef boyardee and a tupperware full of cxheese, I'd have bought the ingredients and made my own damn manicotti :-(

God's Beard said:
in my fridge, for eating later.

Stop making fun of me guys, I thought that food would be awesome, if I knew I was gonna get chef boyardee and a tupperware full of cxheese, I'd have bought the ingredients and made my own damn manicotti :-(
That's what you get for acting all high and mighty with your shitty fattening fast food products.

EDIT - LOL YOU LIEK TEA CUPS? :lol

aparisi2274

God's Beard said:
I got myself some Manicotti, a quart of Ministrone, a whole damn loaf of bread and I'm washing it down with the sweet satisfaction that everyone can suck my dick because I'm eating Italian FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOd

Post your dinner, cause it's not better than mine.

fvbx8h.jpg

Italian food outside of NYC is not Italian Food. It mounts a valiant effort, but it doesnt come close...

anyway... my dinner tonight was a KFC mashed potato bowl.

Greatness Gone said:
That's what you get for acting all high and mighty with your shitty fattening fast food products.

EDIT - LOL YOU LIEK TEA CUPS? :lol
This makes me feel worse than anything else. I work out 2 hours every day, take vitamins and protein shakes, I'm a vegetarian and I do yoga and read women's health magazines for ab and ass tips.

When I'm not poor as shit, I'm much better at controlling what I eat. But because I'm on a budget, I undereat, then snap and pull shit like this :-(

aparisi2274 said:
Italian food outside of NYC is not Italian Food. It mounts a valiant effort, but it doesnt come close...

Don't remind me. I've only been to NYC once, and yeah, I had Italian food. Oh god. It was like a new world.

bill0527

1497223977_9f2a7e7a82.jpg

Tonight I had the Ultimate Feast from Red Lobster.

Don't laugh. I live in Indiana and my choices for seafood are - Red Lobster and Red Lobster.

It was really good. Especially the crab legs.

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.
:lol :lol :lol

Do you have any idea how much steak you could've purchased for $30?

Instead, you bought one meal's worth of pasta, cheese, tomato sauce, bread, and soup. SOUP!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
aparisi2274 said:
Contrary to what new yorkers claim, the world outside the city limits is not a barren wasteland and there are quite a few places to get better food.

Kapsama

Acid08 said:
How do people enjoy Subway? Seriosuly have some self respect and get a Quizno's $5 footlong.

$5 footlong my ass. Last time I went to Quiznos they charged me $8 for a 4 inch and another $2 for a drink. I wish the had Wawa's in North Jersey. I'm getting sick of Subway and Quickcheck just plain sucks.

As for the OP. Damn $30 for that? Could have had a three course meal at Applebees for $9.99. And I'm sure their Italian stuff is just as good(bad) as what you ate.

Easy_G

aparisi2274 said:

So if my Italian grandma makes me dinner, it's just not real Italian food? Damn, I guess I gotta go to NYC soon.

MaizeRage25 said:
So, the delivery cost does end up going to the driver?

Where I worked at yes. I don't know for most places. At the same time I was paying 3 bucks a gallon out of my pocket to deliver to people. I was also getting paid minimum wage and relied on tips for my main source of income. I also remember at the time filing up every other day. I do live in a big city though, Atlanta, and traffic sucked around dinner time. Plus the delivery area was around 15 miles border north, south, east, and west while also delivering to multiple people in one route.

DjangoReinhardt said:
:lol :lol :lol

Do you have any idea how much steak you could've purchased for $30?

Instead, you bought one meal's worth of pasta, cheese, tomato sauce, bread, and soup. SOUP!
I'm... a vegetarian. And as delicious as steak is, 30 dollars worth isn't going to sate my hunger.

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.
God's Beard said:
I'm... a vegetarian. And as delicious as steak is, 30 dollars worth isn't going to sate my hunger.
You obviously don't deserve to eat delicious meat.

aparisi2274

Greatness Gone said:
Er...how about italian food in Italy? LOLWUT111

I am talking about in the states...

If you go to a place called Luigis in like Kansas somewhere, its not going to be good...

Trust me I went to an Italian joint in PA, and it was bleh...

The only Italian place I can say that is somewhat decent (and I use that term loosely) is Bucca di Beppo

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
Hitokage said:
Contrary to what new yorkers claim, the world outside the city limits is not a barren wasteland and there are quite a few places to get better food.

Hellyeah!!! He needs to come to Central New York, we can show him a thing or two about Italian food, I bet the don't even have Chickenriggies in the NYC.

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
God's Beard said:
I got myself some Manicotti, a quart of Ministrone, a whole damn loaf of bread and I'm washing it down with the sweet satisfaction that everyone can suck my dick because I'm eating Italian FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOd

Post your dinner, cause it's not better than mine.

fvbx8h.jpg

I just got back from Italy.

That looks fucking gross.

Ra\/en

My girlfriend is italian, and could cook a far better dish of pasta for about 10 bucks with one hand tied behind her back. sorry mate, you got served.

In the OP's defense, I once went to this amazing mexican resturant, got a HUGE awesome plate of nachos for like 14 bucks, and i swear it was a mountain fit to feed 10 people. So, a couple months later, I was hosting a party, and I decided to take out 2 orders of the nachos, thinking that it would be enough to feed a small army. Instead, they shoved them into this tiny stupid foam box, and the two of them were probably half the size of the one I had as a sit down patron.

aparisi2274 said:
All of South Philadelphia begs to differ.

ay3bq1.jpg

Obama approved.
2jgpip.jpg

And Rocky approved.
sy8sva.jpg

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
I came into this thread expecting a pretty entree at a restaurant with a nice glass of wine.

DISAPPOINTMENT.

Willenium said:
i'll be honest, i was expecting more.

but i had 2(two) turkey sandwiches on nearly-moldy wheat bread for dinner, so you got me beat.
noooooooooo wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilllllllllllllll

and illuminati stop being a douche flaunting around pictures of di bruno's like I don't know what it is. And yeah, I've bought food there.

miyuru

Kapsama said:
$5 footlong my ass. Last time I went to Quiznos they charged me $8 for a 4 inch and another $2 for a drink. I wish the had Wawa's in North Jersey. I'm getting sick of Subway and Quickcheck just plain sucks.

Get your shit straight, Quizno's is way pricier than Subway (though IMO it's justified). And he said a club, which is one of the cheaper sandwiches for sure.

way more

aparisi2274 said:

Great, another one of these people. They must assume no Italian communities exist outside of NY. Like they just rose from the earth.

For some reason the "That food is only good from X, and only I know where it is," posters have really come out this month.

mac said:
Great, another one of these people. They must assume no Italian communities exist outside of NY. Like they just rose from the earth.
No, they don't exist outside of Philadelphia, through New Jersey, to New York City.

God's Beard said:
and illuminati stop being a douche flaunting around pictures of di bruno's like I don't know what it is. And yeah, I've bought food there.
On normal circumstances after being called a douche I would say "eat shit", but it looks like you are already doing so.

Oohhhhh disssss.

Acid08

Banned
God's Beard said:
THat's what I heard. But my grandma's a bit racist.
Whenever I go visit my grandma in Michigan she doesn't go to Detroit with us. She'd never admit it but we know that she's kinda scared of black people. It's pretty funny but a bit sad.

God's Beard said:

345heo8.jpg

I had some prepackaged Tyson chicken strips (They are pretty good though), cut up some onions, cut up some bellpepper, heated that all together with various seasonings (Worcestershire sauce, pepper, garlic powder, a little onion powder), and once that was done, I mixed in some thai noodles that I had also been boiling.

Washed down with diet pepsi.

Damn good, probably less calories, and definitely less then 30 bucks.

Liara T'Soni said:
345heo8.jpg

I had some prepackaged Tyson chicken strips (They are pretty good though), cut up some onions, cut up some bellpepper, heated that all together with various seasonings (Worcestershire sauce, pepper, garlic powder, a little onion powder), and once that was done, I mixed in some thai noodles that I had also been boiling.

Washed down with diet pepsi.

Damn good, probably less calories, and definitely less then 30 bucks.
I read that as hell pepper. I'm going to bed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom