• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I just bought myself a $30 Italian meal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

I had Italian last night as well. Killer lasagna at a place in Old Town (forget the name, our friend's picked it...Trattoria Roma or something). Followed dinner up with some Coldstone and later with some poontang pie. I think my dinner beats the OP's.

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef
Meier said:
I had Italian last night as well. Killer lasagna at a place in Old Town (forget the name, our friend's picked it...Trattoria Roma or something). Followed dinner up with some Coldstone and later with some poontang pie. I think my dinner beats the OP's.

Regarding the OP's price tag, you should have paid 65-75 USD for it, right?
http://www.instantrimshot.com/

God's Beard said:
Shut up, I've been surviving on yogurt, tap water and apples for too long. Tonight was time for change. And I got it.

Now why would you do something that silly in the first place? Are you dieting? If so, that's still not a good combination long term.

Foob

I don't understand why you're now posting like this meal was a last resort thing for you, when in the first post you make it pretty clear you thought you had something special.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Your meal cost $30, my meal cost $6. The end results are roughly the same. I win.

Oh, and that is most certainly not a "loaf" of bread. :lol

ManDudeChild said:
Now why would you do something that silly in the first place? Are you dieting? If so, that's still not a good combination long term.
no, I'm broke. I happened to have a ton of yogurt and a couple apple trees.

and god dammit this thread is the same 3 replies repeated 50 times each.

Meier

OnkelC said:
Regarding the OP's price tag, you should have paid 65-75 USD for it, right?
Haha, I feel kind of bad for the guy..after tax/tip our dinner at a nice restaurant where we got enjoy some outdoor seating was $50. (add $10 for Coldstone)

God's Beard said:

I see. You're aware that even with limited funds, $30 can be stretched quite far. I don't know what food prices are like in the area you live in but in my area (Lower Mainland, BC, Canada), $30 could easily get: a pack of bread containing four uncut loafs (whole wheat or white bout $4), box noodles (bout $6), couple packages of cubed beef that could be stretched out quite a bit if some was frozen ($8), large jar of peanut butter ($7). Blowing $30 on what really looks to be a poor quality meal isn't exactly financially sound :)

nestea

God's Beard said:

Maybe you wouldn't be broke if you spent $30 on groceries instead.

Vgamer

You would have been better off going to the Olive Garden or some other chain Italian restaurant. It would have been cheaper and likely better than that stuff.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
ManDudeChild said:
I see. You're aware that even with limited funds, $30 can be stretched quite far. I don't know what food prices are like in the area you live in but in my area (Lower Mainland, BC, Canada), $30 could easily get: a pack of bread containing four uncut loafs (whole wheat or white bout $4), box noodles (bout $6), couple packages of cubed beef that could be stretched out quite a bit if some was frozen ($8), large jar of peanut butter ($7). Blowing $30 on what really looks to be a poor quality meal isn't exactly financially sound :)

$30 buys a shitload of ramen noodles as well as the gas/electricity to heat it. The healthiest meal? No. But there's been periods in my life where it kept my ass alive.

Baryn

Banned
God's Beard said:
I got myself some Manicotti, a quart of Ministrone, a whole damn loaf of bread and I'm washing it down with the sweet satisfaction that everyone can suck my dick because I'm eating Italian FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOd

Post your dinner, cause it's not better than mine.

fvbx8h.jpg
:lol :lol

Was this your first time buying food for yourself?! :lol

Mrbob

This thread is awesome! :D I want an In and Out Burger in Wisconsin. When I went to one in Vegas it was delicious!

BTW OP, not to rub it in, but Fazolis fast food italian restaurant food looks better than your image and its about 1/5th the price! ;)

Meier said:

Better have been from NYC or it doesn't matter! :lol

I've went to some Italian restaurants when I visited New York awhile back, and they are good. Having said this, I found a local Italian restaurant in Wisconsin which is better. Suck it down new yoarkerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrsssssss good italian food exists outside of your small territory!

tedtropy said:
$30 buys a shitload of ramen noodles as well as the gas/electricity to heat it. The healthiest meal? No. But there's been periods in my life where it kept my ass alive.

Exactly. There are just so many ways to make $30 last ... but I think we've collectively beaten that into his head enough :D

FoxSpirit

God's Beard said:
Last time I went to macdonalds I bought 4 large milkshakes and nothing else.

PS, I hate everyone

Don't... that's not healthy. You knwo, just like the meat each day diet? Don't do it. Rather think of states of mind and resulting consequences.

Oh, and next time think about what exactly you post on GAF.

FoxSpirit said:
Don't... that's not healthy. You knwo, just like the meat each day diet? Don't do it. Rather think of states of mind and resulting consequences.

Oh, and next time think about what exactly you post on GAF.
I LIVE IN THE NOW

SyNapSe

The meal doesn't look terrible for $10 or so and he really didn't pay a lot more if it weren't for having it delivered. That's what killed him.

I always thought Chicago had some pretty decent Italian food.

Greatness Gone said:
To brag about his ever-so-smart idea to buy shitty food for $30.

He should get a tag now.

I agree, at least give the guy a tag for his troubles...

This is the kind of thread that deserves one. He obviously wasn't fishing for one, he literally thought he was owning gaf with his 30 dollar Chef Boyardee and wonderbread........:lol :lol :lol

Link1110

Here's a comparison. I picked up italian food for me and my dad tonight. Shrimp parmesan with a side of Penne alla Vodka, a riceball, a panini, a chicken casesar salad, and it came with bread for $36.

Acid08

Banned
Last week me and my friends had a challenge. We went to Burger King and got the most fattening meal you can possibly get there. So that was a triple Whooper with cheese, king size fries, and a king size chocolate shake. We all finished it and ended up just laying around one of our houses, feeling horrible, and laughing at how stupid that was. Good times.

Acid08

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
"king size chocolate shake"

They have those at yours? The ones by me only let you go up to "large" which uses the large soda cups. :(
Yeah they have king sized. I don't suggest you drink it though. I regretted it the second I finished all of it and the morning when I took the most uncomfortable shit of my life.

"Yeah they have king sized. I don't suggest you drink it though. I regretted it the second I finished all of it and the morning when I took the most uncomfortable shit of my life."

I used to eat pretty much what you got except I got a plain whopper with cheese but big fries and large shake and ya you feel like shit afterwards but was good going down! :lol

Acid08

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
"Yeah they have king sized. I don't suggest you drink it though. I regretted it the second I finished all of it and the morning when I took the most uncomfortable shit of my life."

I used to eat pretty much what you got except I got a plain whopper with cheese but big fries and large shake and ya you feel like shit afterwards but was good going down! :lol
My heart actually hurt a little when I was half done with the burger and shake and all done with the fries. It did taste pretty amazing though.

"My heart actually hurt a little when I was half done with the burger and shake and all done with the fries. It did taste pretty amazing though."

I never had a triple whopper since I could never finish that but when I got the loaded steakhouse my chest hurt too and a lot more than any single whopper I've had but was delicious. So good but so ungodly unhealthy. I feel bad for the OP though if he really is that short on money he was probably really excited to have that meal, even if it was overpriced and now everyone killed it for him. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom