• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I just bought myself a $30 Italian meal

Status
Not open for further replies.

rykomatsu

loaf of bread from il fornaio for $2.00
pasta of your choice $0.25
tomato sauce $3.00
authentic parmiggiano reggiano (sp) $8 for about 1/4lb
minestrone soup $4

almost all of it at Trader Joe's....maybe except the minestrone soup

"loaf of bread from il fornaio for $2.00
pasta of your choice $0.25
tomato sauce $3.00
authentic parmiggiano reggiano (sp) $8 for about 1/4lb
minestrone soup $4

almost all of it at Trader Joe's....maybe except the minestrone soup"

Obviously... It's always cheaper to make yourself than to eat out...

Brofist

Is that picture what an In-N-Out burger looks like. That looks like garbage, I think that canned burger posted a while back looked better.

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
I feel bad for the OP though if he really is that short on money he was probably really excited to have that meal, even if it was overpriced and now everyone killed it for him. :(

That is kind of depressing now that I think about it. And you even bought food for someone else too.

Brofist

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
I feel bad for the OP though if he really is that short on money he was probably really excited to have that meal, even if it was overpriced and now everyone killed it for him. :(

I would feel bad except for

I'm washing it down with the sweet satisfaction that everyone can suck my dick because I'm eating Italian FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOd

Post your dinner, cause it's not better than mine.

from the OP. That's just asking for it.

I think he has probably taken enough abuse however.

Costanza said:
How did the bread taste? That's the only part of the meal that actually looked decent.
Delicious, I split it with my sister, she seemed to like it too :D

The Manicotti was also really good, but you couldn't tell with the lid on. I'm just sour over the minestrone, because that's normally my favorite soup.

reputation_pos.gif
God's Beard
Think's he be poppin'
with his $30 italian food
but he just be frontin'
(Today 8:10 P.M.)
Reply l Quote

6xrtjk3.gif

I just cooked myself a $30 Indian meal to celebrate my getting a job :D

Thanks to NeoGAF's... feedback, I decided to spend my money much more wisely this time. Since Indian is my favorite food, I went with making an Indian stew, some onion/garlic Naan and Mango Lassi.

The stew is chicken with broccoli, carrots, mushrooms, garlic and onions. I bought the sauce at Albertsons for a few bucks when I got the other ingredients and I frankensteined that shit with some spices I found around the house.

I found the Mango Lassi and Naan recipes on Youtube, but I made some adjustments to them. I'm so glad I have a shitload of yogurt at my house, everything uses it :lol

Don't be quite so rough, I'm trying not to ask for it this time, I'm no chef. It was delicious! By the way, I made enough for 4 people with leftovers, so this isn't even close to how much I made:

2agtbh0.jpg

I cut my finger choppin' broccolai :-(

Ra\/en

hey, that Indian food looks pretty good! :D

Like I said in my earlier post, Awesome food in a resturant can sometimes be pretty nasty looking/smaller/not so good if you get it delivered, and it can be more expensive.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
God's Beard said:
Yeah, you're definatley right about that. I spend on the stupidest shit possible all the time. Like Halo 3.

:-(

I'm Italian.

Where were you born ;)?

Hehe, still I am picky about food so maybe I am not your typical Italian guy...

Still Pasta + Minestrone = 2 dishes that have the SAME place in the regular meal... it is usually an either or situation...

Appetizer + Pasta or Minestrone or similar + main dish + vegetables/salad + fruit and/or ice-cream (nice meal ;)).

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
maxmars said:
We're too polite for that.
But you're right.

Polite... uhm... you do see people yelling blasphemies and racial slurs right next to 5-6 year old at soccer stadiums or am I imagining things ;) ?

:).

Zeppu

Mediterranean cuisine > *

God I love living here. We have great food.

Chinese/Indian/French etc... is good and all that. I love it all. But traditional Mediterranean food is amazing. Best thing is that the portions need to be big if you want to keep to traditions! Not some 20gr steak on a huge plate like French.

purg3

slept with Malkin
I was expecting another picture of a waste of money meal when I saw this on the first page.

nice bump :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom