• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | May 12-18 | The Bracket Racket

Horseress

LOL the one thing I always wondered was if I made it to the top at a major how the fuck would I get on the main stage XD

Wheelchair-Crowdsurfing.jpg

Shouta

Speaking of NLBC, one of the local guys up here is in NY for work and is hitting up that tourny tonight, I think. Let's see how he does.

Looking forward to my copy of Cutie Suzuki: Ringside Angel coming in the mail.

I really need to coordinate with one of the regional TOs for throwing some random kusoge mystery tournament sometime. I'm amassing quite the selection.
When is Reinforced Little Fighter 2

Also I'm pretty sure I'm the only person who pronounces doge as if it rhymed with rogue.

Bizazedo

As a fellow Muscular Dystrophy dude, good to hear you're okay Q.

Get out to Evo, it was fun when I went. Even if that Japanese dude who was also in a wheelchair kept eyeballing me and revving his chair as if he wanted to race me.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
LI Joes official statement on bracket floating incident

Here is my official statement on matters. Enjoy.

I haven't been reading what has been said honestly. I do know that it's going around and people keep asking me what's up.

The truth of the matter is it was a very rookie mistake. Yes of course it is. We aren't rookies though. We have been in this for longer the the 6 years of ECT. Do players in pool 1 play pool 2? Do pool 3 winners play pool 4 winners? They are suppose to but it doesn't always happen. What happened at ECT was not to hurt anyone or to force a certain player to win or lose. I understand what it looks like but if you know john and I, you already know the answer. If there were pictures on the internet, that would prove we didn't have malicious intent or that we weren't hiding anything from people. It's right there, black n white.

I care about the scene tremendously and would do anything for it. I do apologize to anyone who was hurt or effected by this. Truth is stuff like this happens occasionally. People just don't know. Think about it. If there was never a picture taken, would anyone of known? We could of put all the names on a dartboard, blind folded ourselves, threw some darts and did the bracket like that. There is usually more to a story then what people know. Until you are standing in our shoes, most won't understand.

Once again we understand our faults and will take the blame for whatever happened. If we have to take the hit to better events in general, to make sure all tournies use the same bracket/seeding method, to make sure there is a proper rule set in place across the board, then so be it. We will take it. For the better of the fgc.

Ps. 3rd strike is the best game ever with guilty gear a close second.

Wanted to answer this from the ECT thread:

I don't have anything set in stone. But working a regular 9-5 w/ a 90 minute commute each way everyday, doing ECT/TFC, and attempting to find an industry job is a bit too much for me to handle without something slipping through the cracks. I decided to drop ECT/TFC in order to get my career going. I might come back to it in full force at some point in the future. For now, I'm just going to have an advisory role in ECT, and help out where I'm needed at the event.

fuck long commutes lol. I have like a 70 minute commute now each way just for a couple days a week and I hate it. I've started to drive a bit slower and it helps out with me not silently raging at slow ppl in the left lane.

I'm ok guys, thanks for the wishes and stuffs. :)

Good stuff

fuck long commutes lol. I have like a 70 minute commute now each way just for a couple days a week and I hate it. I've started to drive a bit slower and it helps out with me not silently raging at slow ppl in the left lane.

I take the train into the city. If there are no seats available, it's such a bummer. I just want to sleep hahaha.

jbug617

Banned
@drawp: Attn #FGC • #CEO2014 trailer drops tonight! Watch it, get hype, BOOK YOUR ROOM, and REGISTER. No one wants to be the dude at #Econolodge!

I wonder what the exhibitions are going to be. Maybe Twitch should fly some JPN players out again like they did for SCR

Infinite

Top Bottom