• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | May 13-19 | Throwing coins

Wallach

PtM17nC.gif

Doom really is OP, god damn even the players aren't safe.

You know, it took a while into MvC2's life cycle when Justin/Sanford/Yipes winning everything made all the hype about the money matches instead of the tournaments, but 2 years into MvC3 it's already happened.

gutabo

I've also been doing a TON of research to fill up the games list... please let me know what I am missing:

http://8wayrun.com/streams/games

I thought it was a nice list but once I saw stuff like war gods, shaq fu, ballz 3d, pit fighter and svc:chaos I wasn't so sure about the criteria. So off the top of my head:
- Aggressors of Dark Kombat
- Samurai Shodown series(maybe + Samurai 64)
- Fatal Fury Special
- Real Bout Fatal Fury Special(maybe + dominated mind, see question below)
- Rival Schools
- King of fighers 95, 98(um?), 2k2(not all the series)
- Yuu Yuu Hakusho Final
- Yuu Yuu Hakusho Makyou Toitsusen
- Tatsunko vs Capcom Ultimate All Stars
- Capcom vs SNK Pro
- Bloody Roar series
- DBZ: Super Butoden series(maybe + shin butoden)
- DBZ: Hyper Dymension
- Fighters History series
- World Heroes series
- Capcom Fighting Jam
- Mortal Kombat 2, 3(Ultimate), maybe others
- Red Earth
- Ranma 1/2 Chougi Ranbuhen
(are you also taking into account portable versions? also stuff like international karate counts? finally, there are many different versions, like the sf:the movie arcade version was very different from the sf:the movie home versions, do they count as separate games?)

EDIT: nevermind, grouped some games together.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Hey guys, can you do me a favor? Some of you may already know, but I've expanded the 8WAYRUN Stream Browser to cover more than just 3D fighting games. If you view it now, you will notice that the listings now have "tabs" at the top where you can restrict viewing to a specific category... for instance, you can have it show only "2D Fighters", "3D Fighters" or "Brawlers".

http://8wayrun.com/streams/

Which category a stream is listed under is determined by which game they are playing. Right now only "approved" channels get listed in the browser, and only "approved" games get routed into categories. So what I need help from you guys is to help me fill out the approved channels and approved games listings.

http://8wayrun.com/streams/channels
http://8wayrun.com/streams/games

I basically just need you guys to tell me which games and channels are missing from the lists... and of course which categories they should be under. The games lists are grouped under single titles, so for instance "Street Fighter III" also includes: "Street Fighter III, Street Fighter III: New Generation, Street Fighter III: 2nd Impact, Street Fighter III: Double Impact, Street Fighter III: Third Strike, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike". If a channel is playing any of listed games, they will be put under Street Fighter III.

Also, do you guys think I should make a category for anime fighters? What games would be listed in that category?

Also, any chance I can get my name listed under the GAF members who stream section of the OP? Any chance I could get my stream browser listed as well?
I mean, it's not my decision alone and if GAF feels otherwise, others can speak up, but I feel the section for GAF streamers is best left to the players that post here and have been part of the GAF community for a while (the home grown you could say), and not the big wigs. Or else that list would be clogged with Sp00ky, Art, L|U, Offcast, etc. as well. The big dogs get enough promo for regularly scheduled streams in the other 90% of the OP, not to mention inclusion in the FGC Pros Twitch group. I like that it's restrained to primarily the regulars here and not FGC personalities that can get an account here for some extra promo and further overshadow GAFers. I respect the CPM grind though!

I think the multi stream viewer is a very useful tool and better than alternatives on the internet though, and that it'll be useful for folks here. I'll try to find space for that.

I mean, it's not my decision alone and if GAF feels otherwise, others can speak up, but I feel the section for GAF streamers is best left to the players that post here and have been part of the GAF community for a while

Come on, just add the man. He posts, works and streams, I mean he is no Rotanibor but come on.

Short of that, you could link his stream browser in the wider community section just below with his site?

I mean, it's not my decision alone and if GAF feels otherwise, others can speak up, but I feel the section for GAF streamers is best left to the players that post here and have been part of the GAF community for a while (the home grown you could say), and not the big wigs. Or else that list would be clogged with Sp00ky, Art, L|U, Offcast, etc. as well. The big dogs get enough promo for regularly scheduled streams in the other 90% of the OP, not to mention inclusion in the FGC Pros Twitch group. I like that it's restrained to primarily the regulars here and not FGC personalities that can get an account here for some extra promo and further overshadow GAFers. I respect the CPM grind though!

I think the multi stream viewer is a very useful tool and better than alternatives on the internet though, and that it'll be useful for folks here. I'll try to find space for that.
I'm in agreement with you. The GAF section is like a "local flavor". If SixFortyFive were to get to Sp00ky status, there wouldn't be much of a point listing him in the GAF section.

I agree on the GAF OG only stream list. A link to the stream viewer would be fine though.

sephi22

I agree with you and Karst.

You can make a 'multi-stream' tools and put the stream browser, and other stuff there.

But leave the GAF streamers section as it is. I hope to be there someday.

jaxel should be put under neogaf streamer since the break deserves many more viewers.
Does that section really get that many viewers? I just think poverty gaffers deserve a section, not for views, just for a special mention.
The Break is already listed under the big weekly events.
I don't have any problems with Jaxel not being there, but it kinda devalues the other streams. Like "why watch a gaffer like Kadey's stream which has 8 players and a dozen viewers at any time, when you can watch this Gaffer Jaxel's stream who gets like hundreds of viewers? Step your game up Kadey."

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
jaxel should be put under neogaf streamer since the break deserves many more viewers.
I've been pimping the Break since I first found out about it and harassed Jaxel to get a GAF account multiple times! Break view counts make me sad every time I see them though. They fluctuate quite a bit but on a good day now you see like 1500 or so. TBH it is much less entertaining without Quotes and/or Marlin but the players are usually good and it has its own vibe just like Next Level does.

I also don't want to set a precedent where notable members in the community who are already very well established can make an account here and suddenly get their own spot in OP because they're popular. We've all seen notable community members get accounts here, promo their shit and never participate in discussion again. Which is cool, they're just promoting what folks in this thread come to consume. Karst put it pretty well, it's nice to have "local favour" and let them have a bit of shine. I mean, there's only 3 there right now, and there are already more than that many established broadcasters and personalities on GAF. Those 3 would get drowned out quick.

Also on busy weeks the OP has gotten damn close to the text limit, and I'd rather not push it with redundant links and what the FGC Pros (which is linked in OP) page is made for.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It serves no purpose to put yourself in that spot since it's basically reserved for low profile streamers on GAF. More people should be added there like Jlai and other various people who randomly stream their lobbies.
It wouldn't hurt to put you there but it's redundant considering I would easily say 99% of the people who lurk and post in this thread already knows about your stream, knowing what time you stream and what days, etc. Combined that with the already mentioned FGC pros page which is the best possible way to tell who is streaming currently and then you have people like Parallax doing the deed of always keeping this thread up to date on who is streaming at whatever given time.

I randomly found this and it told me Justin Wong's waifu is Mature from kof and mike ross has a thing for Mai Shiranui. Jackie Chan like Morrigan and jackie chan like Litchi Faye-Ling so it seems case sensitive.....

http://en.shindanmaker.com/214848

Bored so...

*INSERT MY REAL NAME HERE*'s fighting game waifu is Cerebella from Skullgirls.

This thing is busted, I don't even use Cerebella. I only use solo Parasoul in that game.

Bored so...

This thing is busted, I don't even use Cerebella. I only use solo Parasoul in that game.

It's also racist. I put my real first name, my shortened first name, nickname, and even threw my last name in there and it always gives me asian women.
I'm totally fine with that

I randomly found this and it told me Justin Wong's waifu is Mature from kof and mike ross has a thing for Mai Shiranui. Jackie Chan like Morrigan and jackie chan like Litchi Faye-Ling so it seems case sensitive.....

http://en.shindanmaker.com/214848

I put in my gaf name and it gave me Elena, my 3rd strike main, and one of my fav sf designs. It's spot on! Haha.

I put in my real name though and it gave me Pai. Idk about that, heh.

Frantic

Apparently Morrigan is my waifu without my middle name. With middle name Ayane somehow becomes my waifu.

I'm down for some Astral Vision personally. Just as long as there's no Soul Fist or Hidden Missiles involved if you get what I'm saying.

Top Bottom