• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | May 18-24 | Forget it Jake, it's Capcom Town

GnawtyDog

Banned
I feel like I missed art being made. :(
Me too....
tumblr_lz3ql49Tuy1qdqdzg.png

ShinMaruku

Good lord, those Shoryukens. Daigo just went into a flow state... They should have never put the man into losers. Sometimes you put the wrong person into a flow state and they will do this to you if skilled enough.

Kumubou

Some WWE-level stuff going on in here. :lol What next, a cage match?

Or magical girls, but don't have many of those here.
Well, they may as well be monsters given all of the power (and mental issues) they tend to have.

Bonus question: would a witcher hunt a shipgirl?
How many people here are going to Evo again? I didn't meet anyone here when I last went, maybe this time.
I think of bunch of people are going here -- I know I am. I don't think I met many people from here last year, though. Too busy slumming it up with games nobody* plays.

As an aside, I really hate it when SF4 players call out out other FG players for playing games nobody plays. Stuff like LoL and Hearthstone make SF4 look like Sailor Moon SuperS in terms of playerbase, so calm down just a touch.

ShinMaruku

I was in capcom fighters trolling about how Black and asians seem to dominate at fgcs that we should mix the two to make the ultimate player.

Like take Snake Eyez and CHocoblanka and take their issue and make it be raised by Kbrad. Or Kayane and Smug and give their issue to Infiltration. Then somebody told me no fgc Eugenics XD

I was in capcom fighters trolling about how Black and asians seem to dominate at fgcs that we should mix the two to make the ultimate player.

Like take Snake Eyez and CHocoblanka and take their issue and make it be raised by Kbrad. Or Kayane and Smug and give their issue to Infiltration. Then somebody told me no fgc Eugenics XD
The FGC Kwisatz Haderach.

Dahbomb

ねも ‏@GOOD_NEMO 7m
I got day off and decided to go to EVO this year.
My schedule must be hard for me but I really wanna be CapcomCup finalist,nonetheless.

ねも ‏@GOOD_NEMO 7m
Now,I don't play Marvel a lot but that's one of my favorite game, so I'm looking forward to playing with everybody.Thank you.

https://twitter.com/GOOD_NEMO/status/602505572433334272
https://twitter.com/GOOD_NEMO/status/602505595564916736

Awww shiieeet.....

Nemo needs to bring his buddies in as well to beat up on some Americans.

If you had played Blackule in Smash, you would know why he sticks to Street Fighter...which I have not played him in, I now realize. No shame in sticking to the fighter you like the most. I haven't touched Xrd in a month because Smash is so much better and deeper.
Oh boy....

Daigo v. Momochi, goddamn. I don't remember seeing play that high level and above all that entertaining in Ultra in ages. Tokido v. Bonchan and Tokido v. Gagapa may qualify.

It's sad to see what has become of Infiltration. Once a monster who played Street Fighter, he just does scramble now. Sad.

I actually think taking out ranked completely is an awful
idea. Going into random games only to either stomp or be stomped is no fun either (and is one of the reasons I stopped playing SSB4, to be honest). What would be far better would be to implement a rank-based matchmaking system that actually works. I think how LoL does it is interesting -- you gain and lose rank points within your tier, but you can never actually rank down (until you get to Master or something). If I remember correctly, KI rips this off almost wholesale as well and it seems to work well enough there.

No matchmaking system is going to work with the kinds of populations that play fighters online. The number of people online simultaneously is just way too low.

I haven't touched Xrd in a month because Smash is so much better and deeper.

Such a short sentence but I could see the bomb drop and the mushroom cloud in the distance.

Damn.

Dahbomb

No matchmaking system is going to work with the kinds of populations that play fighters online. The number of people online simultaneously is just way too low.
I play SF4 PC online sometimes and I know for sure that not only are there enough players playing the game online but that the matchmaking up is fucked up because there is no way a bad player like me should be paired up against anyone above a B+ rank when there are plenty of B or lower players online for me to play against at that very instance. It's just all over the place... sometimes I play A rank players other times I play people who are clearly playing this for the first time ever.

The whole "lower playbase" is no excuse for games like MKX and SF4.... they have enough of a playerbase where MM matters.

Csr

Infiltration is godlike but that decapre play is more boring than anything i have seen in fg's, more boring than even moridoom and sfxt. Obviously though it is not infiltration's obligation to entertain us.
Just saying

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Daigo turned into Shin Daigo as F-Word said during commentary lol. Also, what happened to combobreaker? Did Comcast screw them over with all the marvel vs Comcast title suggestions?

he won two tournaments in the past two weeks

Number one in CPT points, truely sad.

Though I have to say, seeing someone destroy Decapre like that was refreshing.

The point was that he has the potential for something beautiful, like we saw from Daigo and Momochi. He's shown as much playing Akuma, Chun and Ryu. Instead he's playing Decapre. It's like someone who can cook decided that his calling is flipping burgers at McDonalds.

Dahbomb

The point was that he has the potential for something beautiful, like we saw from Daigo and Momochi. He's shown as much playing Akuma, Chun and Ryu. Instead he's playing Decapre. It's like someone who can cook decided that his calling is flipping burgers at McDonalds.
This is me whenever I see Justin play Rufus.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
You can not like Decapre, but you have to appreciate that he's the only one playing her at this level. Not like that's easy.
And honestly, his match against Momochi was super close, only Daigo outclassed him.

Top Bottom