• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | November 26 - December 2nd | I got a Ph.D. in Mahvel Theory

I knew he was EMP before but I guess I arrived at the stream late. People were calling Dieminion EMP in chat

I'm surprised Jebailey allowed KnuckleDu to join EMP

iIVlBTCT4MBgR.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Isn't Rynge a GAFer too?

EDIT: UMvC3 at i47 http://www.twitch.tv/unequalledmedia

Combo is there. Courtesy of Kellen.

EDIT2: Yo this guy's Sentinel/Zero synergy and mixups o_O

EDIT3: This Sentinel uses the weirdest choice of combos ever. wtf

EDIT4: Zak Bennett getting DQ'd for Marvel because he was over at the SF25th kind of sucks.

Isn't Rynge a GAFer too?

EDIT: UMvC3 at i47 http://www.twitch.tv/unequalledmedia

Combo is there. Courtesy of Kellen.

EDIT2: Yo this guy's Sentinel/Zero synergy and mixups o_O

EDIT3: This Sentinel uses the weirdest choice of combos ever. wtf

EDIT4: Zak Bennett getting DQ'd for Marvel because he was over at the SF25th kind of sucks.

I play against that man all of the time, there is method in the madness

MY BEST FRIEND IS GETTING A SHOT AGAINST COMBOFIEND AH MAH GAWD

YESSSSSSSSSS

Even if he loses I am the happiest man right now

Haha, he tried to do the Sentinal infinite.

Edit: Combo wins. At least your friend took a game off him, Huw_Dawson.

Yeah. He hits that every time in casuals. He got hit by nerves really, really hard D:

I dunno, he's a bit of a bonkers player really. He tries to style because he loves that kind of stuff, even though it loses him matches.

Shame the tournament looked so scrappy. There just isn't enough high-pressure competition in the UK. :\

BTW, the shirt he was wearing is Mango Sentinel doing Jump M. Sent's his main character, which is why he's on point.

So IPL is invite only and not a open tournament

Makes sense, because it gives them justification for fifteen minutes between individual matches. :|

OceanBlue

I'm thinking dudes like Daigo, Fuudo, Infiltration etc (big name international players) will just get invited off the bat, then the US will have regional qualifiers.

It'd be cool if Japan had regional qualifiers too. Even if my favorite players don't make win, I want to see more big Japanese tournaments.

It'd be cool if Japan had regional qualifiers too. Even if my favorite players don't make win, I want to see more big Japanese tournaments.

IPL doesn't have the resources to talk to players there let alone host a tournament, best thing they could do is partner with Toopanga, GG... etc and let them hold qualifiers there.

I think for the first couple of events they're gonna do what already been said here, US qualifiers (which could be held at existing fighting game majors) + invite international players.

I'd like to see IPL hold qualifiers in Japan by partnering up with Topanga or whoever. But I think they'll just invite the big names that will draw in bigger numbers. Probably focusing on the sponsored Japanese players. Although I'd love to see top guys without a tag next to their name get a chance to.

OceanBlue

IPL doesn't have the resources to talk to players there let alone host a tournament, best thing they could do is partner with Toopanga, GG... etc and let them hold qualifiers there.

I think for the first couple of events they're gonna do what already been said here, US qualifiers (which could be held at existing fighting game majors) + invite international players.

Yeah, probably. Kinda a shame, in my opinion. I mean, there are so many players whose matches I want to see.

For example, Latif apparently had a 74% win rate in Japan while other Japanese Vipers we know of like Tonpy, Kyabetsu, and Dath have 67%, 65%, and 67% respectively. But then, there are also players ranked higher than Tonpy and Dath who have higher win rates, like a player named Hyde who has 78%. Stuff like that just gets me curious.

(Well, if this site is accurate, anyway.)

Tizoc

Need someone with vast knoweledge with Darkstalkers gameplay to help me out please.
I've started writing the OT, but I need someone to check if I missed out on anything important on detailing teh gameplay features. if you can help, let me know and I'll PM you what I wrote.

I didn't expect that, since I've heard people talking crap about Imstilldadaddy as a guy who only uploads videos of him beating top players online. But he's proving that he can hold his own. Poor performance by Chi though, he dropped a lot of hit confirms and ultra attempts. I think he finally nailed the ultra input after his 4th try.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
"We’re ambitious. Next year, we’re running the tournament every three months instead of six. There are a few publishers who want to work with us and make this global. We’re going to launch more titles and invest heavily in the fighter genre, like "Street Fighter." Titles like that are great to work with because they’re very understandable by the mainstream. Also, mobile games. We really want an element of luck with some of the competitions to make it even more accessible for the everyday Joe like myself. "

Oh god someone finally gets it. Gootecks is crying tears of joy right now.

Top Bottom