• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | November 26 - December 2nd | I got a Ph.D. in Mahvel Theory

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Thanks for tuning into all the qualifiers. It's been a pretty awesome experience for me personally and really looking forward to how it all shakes out come this weekend. :)

I could imagine MarkMan seething looking at that tweet, lol.

Check both their twitters, it's being sorted behind the scenes.

I hope Momochi sticks with Cody for the non-Fei Long matches in San Fran. He probably will against Daigo, but for Rufus/Fei/Cammy, I'd understand if he went with Gouki. What with this game behind so focused on knockdowns, and Cody needing to burn 3 bars just to have a truly safe wakeup.

OceanBlue

Check both their twitters, it's being sorted behind the scenes.

I hope Momochi sticks with Cody for the non-Fei Long matches in San Fran. He probably will against Daigo, but for Rufus/Akuma/Cammy, I'd understand if he went with Gouki. What with this game behind so focused on knockdowns, and Cody needing to burn 3 bars just to have a truly safe wakeup.

I don't know. I feel like the only reason he played Cody at all today was because he had already made top 2. I mean, the only game he played Cody was against Mago.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HK0CC1hb0E&feature=youtu.be

Matt from Capcom saying a lot of good things here. And hearing that they flew the players out to NEC on Capcom's dime and didn't broadcast any fighting game content to not overlap with NEC is very reassuring. Also, MLG on blast, lol.

Just don't do another stream like the exhibition from the other night. That shit was a joke.
I agree, Matt is definitely saying all the right things here. Also confirmation Mike is with IPL for the long haul, not just for the exhibition.

Also confirms licensing is still a factor when/if they add Marvel.

EDIT:
Slasher also did an interview with Justin Wong at IPL5. Asks good questions, like whether people will come out to invitationals, whether the format will fit the audience that come out to majors currently, how viewership will differ, etc. Justin also comments on how much he likes SFxTK v2013. He's pretty much putting all his chips on SFxTK right now, he doesn't sound like he expects to do very well in AE. And he's also doing the Infiltration thing and taking notes.

I actually agree with a lot of what Wong is saying despite not agreeing with his comments on eSports in the past.

And another interview with Mike Ross. It's kind of amazing how The People's Champ is the literal bridge between Capcom, IPL and the community.

ALSO MIKE SMILES WHEN HE CORRECTS SLASHER ON AE AND SFxTK BEING THE *INITIAL* GAMES ANNOUNCED

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Ryan Hart popping off after losing

qdxko1.gif

Busaiku

So who's qualified for the AE tournament?

I know...
Justin, Ricky, SnakeEyez, Dieminion, Wolfkrone, Happy Medicine, Tokido, Mago, Daigo, Fuudo, Momochi, Infiltration, and Gamerbee.

Nope, he came 3rd in the Asian quals. He qualified for SFxT though.

Justin and Marn have flew to Paris and took their spots. =) They sure as hell ain't taking our spots.

Easy to say when no international players show up, lol. Ryan would've had a good shot in both Texas and LA. He blew up Justin in Kuwait (his teammate is a top Rufus) and as sick as Snake Eyez is, I don't know if his Gief would beat a Sagat of that calibre.

Luffy and Problem X would've been huge threats too.

As for Justin and Marn taking French SBO spots in early 09, that's abit of a pointless comparison to use today, not to mention the fact France's (they never tell anyone else in Europe when SBO quals are) two best players play on pad and therefore can't compete.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Ryan Hart deleted his tweet....

Prodigal Son said:
I know everyone likes a bit of drama,but I'm sorry Madcatz.I just said that out of frustration to my loss. Everyone knows Madcatz rocks!
Source

Well most of these qualifiers were open qualifiers and everybody knew that going in. It's not Mago or Momochi's fault that Ryan waited all the way till the UK qualifier to enter. I think if he had gone to one of the later American qualifiers he probably would have earned a spot. But he didn't want to do that for whatever reason so it's on him for only giving himself one shot at this(unless he did try to win the UK tournament to rep the UK in the French qualifier).

Oh and I know this won't happen, but I hope next week every set is played as a 3/5 instead of 2/3. I mean the players are already set, and it's a short list. So why not have longer sets so all these top players have more "outs" to try and win their matches?

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Their site is taking forever to load what did it say

His actions after his loss against fellow Team Mad Catz player, Mago were not fitting of a Western Wolves player. His tweet did not portray good sportsmanship or professional conduct. It did not reflect the views and values of Western Wolves in any way. On behalf of the entire organisation we would like to extend our apologies to Mad Catz and emphasize that we hold them in the highest regard.

Kikujiro

Oh and I know this won't happen, but I hope next week every set is played as a 3/5 instead of 2/3. I mean the players are already set, and it's a short list. So why not have longer sets so all these top players have more "outs" to try and win their matches?

It would be amazing, the Kuwait tourney did 3/5 for SF too, but it's still a Top 16, it will take a long time.

Madcatz probably doesn't want WW to let go Ryan, I doubt he's leaving. Ryan is a good investment for both WW and MCZ in European FG community. Letting him go over an emotional mishap even after he apologized quickly after would be dumb for all parties involved.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Naah, this is more of a PR/symbolic suspension since he doesn't have anymore big events for the rest of the year.

He's still is their best performing UK player by far and they don't want to lose him over one stupid tweet, and neither is mad catz gonna want that to happen either.

The problem is, Ryan always acts like this, so why would you want to continue sponsoring him when its highly likely he'll do this again in the future?

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
I wonder how well FChamp is doing for Complexity.

Fchamp really hasn't done much of anything offensive since he got sponsored, dude has actually managed to compose himself. Fchamp is also the type to pop off in person or behind closed doors, where as Ryan always goes to Facebook or Twitter to complain as loudly as possible.

I was at the UK SF 25th thing - just back - and Ryan looked fucking heartbroken. It's been a long time since I've seen somebody look that destroyed by a match. He walked clean out after his loss, and didn't return for a good half an hour. When he did, he walked straight to the casual stations and carried on playing. Sad that he made that poorly judged tweet.

Grecco

BT] MarlinPie ‏@MarlinPie
josh wong defeats fanatiq in top 32 winners!

Now we are losing Marvel matches. FUUUUUUUUU

kitzkozan

I don't know who's going to win the finals next week, but Umehara and Wong are incredibly hungry + putting in the work so I just can't bet against them. :p That's going to be a can't miss final and I'm also looking forward to the changes in SF X Tekken as I wouldn't mind jumping into the game if it's finally in a proper state. :]

I don't know who's going to win the finals next week, but Daigo and Wong are incredibly hungry and I just can't bet against them. :p That's going to be a can't miss final and I'm also looking forward to the changes in SF X Tekken as I wouldn't mind jumping into the game if it's finally in a proper state. :]

Daigo vs Wong finals would be the most proper thing.

Dear GOD, DO THE RIGHT THING!

Can't wait for Fanatiq's excuse for this one.

Same excuse he always use at majors. It's on PS3.

Top Bottom