• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Oct 27-Nov 2 | A Lot Of Shit Went Down

Dlent

If Atlus ends up being a major sponsor for EVO this year, there would be a 2nd anime slot and Persona would fill it.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
If Atlus ends up being a major sponsor for EVO this year, there would be a 2nd anime slot and Persona would fill it.

That's why my guess would be Xrd and Persona over BBCP

Would allow both Aksys and Atlus to throw their weight behind each game. Aksys pot bonus was nice and I think that contributed alot to how exciting BBCP was last year, but I can't see them doing something like that for two games simultaneously.

but that's all dependent on if either company has an interest in supporting the games at Evo this year

SF4 (since it's his final year at evo)
MVC3 (because chris g needs to win)
GGXrd (because GG)
MKX (BLOOD)
Smash4 (if nintendo forbids Melee then Smash 4 only)
KI season 2 (good game not on the good console)

Then two other games open for money hat. And you'll probably be able to play Tekken 7 since Namco will bring arcade cabs like they did in the past. Other companies will probably do the same with new games.

Then two other games open for money hat. And you'll probably be able to play Tekken 7 since Namco will bring arcade cabs like they did in the past. Other companies will probably do the same with new games.
But will anyone bring Maxi Boost cabs is the question?
It will be Rise of Incarnates, if anyone still remembers that game.

I kinda want to go, except I don't play fighting games.

FSLink

Banned
SF4 (since it's his final year at evo)
MVC3 (because chris g needs to win)
GGXrd (because GG)
MKX (BLOOD)
Smash4 (if nintendo forbids Melee then Smash 4 only)
KI season 2 (good game not on the good console)

Yeah this is my guess with a Tekken 7 Exhibition right before Mahvel.

P4 Ultimax seems likely if Atlus moneyhats. I doubt BBCP and P4U will both be there with GGXrd.

I know the game does have a big following but I would love to see Skullgirls as an official tournament. The game had something like 150 players last year and it keeps growing each year.
Blazblue might be there again this year to be honest. It had 500 players last year with incredible finals.

Edit : I forgot about Rise of the Incarnates. It might be there yeah, but I was not thinking about this game. :p

NEO0MJ

Are people joking when they say this will be the last year for SF IV? What could possibly replace it?

I know the game does have a big following but I would love to see Skullgirls as an official tournament. The game had something like 150 players last year and it keeps growing each year.

And those were just side tournies. I'm sure attendence will be better if it gets an official spot. Plus the game will be complete by next year and so it's a good time to give it a moment in the spotlight.

Since Enzo fucked around and got permed, he's asked me to take over the FGW.

Imthecaptainnow.jpg

Y'all ready for these Deejay requests I'm every OP?

Get yo Deejay subtitles ready breh

My safe guess:

USF4
UMVC3
GGXrd
Smash 4
MKX
KI

That seems realistic and for me pretty dull. Like, yeah, I'll watch Ultra just for the comp I guess but that lineup has only one game I'm really itching to see played. At least there's side tournaments for poverty games. Hope KingsofCO or some folks can get a KOF side tournament+stream up this year. VSav side tourney+stream was amazing last time, will watch again.

alstein

Blazblue might be there again this year to be honest. It had 500 players last year with incredible finals.

Edit : I forgot about Rise of the Incarnates. It might be there yeah, but I was not thinking about this game. :p

Skullgirls deserves a shot as an official game at Evo just once for all Mike Z has done to move the genre forward.

We really do need more devs out there who have experience putting games on PC- I know Mike Z did some work with PC games in the past, and it really shows in how he handled the PC port.

.la1n

I think the guesses on the line up next year sound pretty solid. I'll actually be competing next year for the first time in a few years so looking forward to that. I do hope we will know of Capcom's next fighter by then.

@list thread nonsense
Favourite special is a really hard call. Some favourites include
Fox Illusion (Fox/Melee)
Shuttle Loop (MK/Brawl)
Iaido Kick -> Handousandangeri (Benimaru/KOF13)
Kuzukaze (EX Iori's sideswitch command grab).

Shoutouts to all manner of teleports.

Favourite super? EX Iori's or Kim's Neomax (KOF13), Akuma's KKZ deom 3S. Nuff said.

Favourite button please don't ask, too many to count. ;__;
Melee: Fox nair and bair, Falco dair, Zelda fair/bair, Mario fair, Ganon/Falcon uair and dair, too damn many.
#Reload: Faust 5K and 2K, Eddie 2HS,
SF4: Akuma sweep, Ryu nj.mk
3S: Chun back fierce
KOF13: Kim st.CD, j.CD, j.C, Iori j.D, cl.C, Karate cl.C, Beni st.CD
VSav: Zabel cr.hp, j.hk, j.hp, j.mp j.2hp

KOFXIII: Attendance has been poor and there was no super exciting matches in EVO last year as compared to previous years. There is no legitimate reason KOF should be at EVO anymore.

The grand finals match was freaking amazing. Commentary was horrible, but the match itself was insane.

Silky

Banned
Enzo got bodied....,

Also why is KI the money hat :/

My predictions:
USF4
Marvel
BBCP
Smash 4
Melee
GGXrd
UNIEL
KI

Marz

What does a self imposed ban actually accomplish? Its not the posting that wastes the most time its the reading and lurking a ban literally does nothing but prohibit you from posting correct? Seems pointless.

Azure J

Enzo is one of my GAF-bros so I'm glad to see that the ban wasn't for fuckery
(lol getting banned a week before Marvel dropped when you were it's biggest hype conductor)
. Here's hoping he does well.

TheBesteban

Neo Member
My guess for EVO:

Ultra
Marvel
Smash 4
Xrd
MK X
KI
Possible Ultimax/UNIEL/BBCP 2.0 depending on entry numbers and Atlus support. I think all three would have to fight for that spot though.

Weird Capcom announcement
Tekken 7 exhibition

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
What does a self imposed ban actually accomplish? Its not the posting that wastes the most time its the reading and lurking a ban literally does nothing but prohibit you from posting correct? Seems pointless.
You don't have subscriptions and you have to read 50 posts per page. It's purgatory man.

When you're banned I think you can't read the forum.

Of course, if you just sign out of your account

Maybe Shouta left him a message like "Go Study!" so he's seeing that every time he thinks of lurking lol

BadWolf

I'd be surprised if KOF13 came back after last year's turn out.

Its finals were on Saturday so it's not like it hurt other games. And aside from the terrible commentators, the top 8 and grand finals were a blast again.

In fact, imo they should include games like VF5S, DOA5, Skullgirls etc. as well and have their finals on Saturday.

I dunno man when i was banned i didn't really lurk. Maybe ill read like one page then bounce.

Top Bottom