• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Sept 15-21 | Mewwho?

IIRC, there are a few characters (Gouken may be one, going from memory) who have a super difficult time getting any real punish on it.

Gouken can use Ultra 2. But yeah, without Ultra 2 I don't think he can do anything else. And he can't charge that Ultra so it only does 300 damage which is weak sauce as far as damage goes for a Ultra.

My character, Evil Ryu, can use Ultra 1 for a max of 341 or LK axe kick. But I only have a few frames to let out that move since it starts up pretty slowly. So he can throw it out whenever I don't have Ultra and I have to react accordingly with a real tight punish window. I mean if I have 2 bars I can do a lot of damage but the point is that it's pretty hard to do.

Limited entry spots, ridiculous format.

Last year's single elimination capped tournament at TGS gave Haitani a spot.

I think the real reason is that Japan already has a qualifier and I guess they don't want to give two to the same region?

Even though the entirety of EG minus Kbrad is in Capcom Cup. And they're giving points at Comic Con and Pax.

Ladies and Gentlemen - we are witnessing something truly special here. Others will say they were up, past drunk, crosseyed and yelping at their monitor, watching this fucking nonsense; that they saw what Pepeday was doing to Bonchan on this night and were better for it. But they will be lying. And it will be understandable. Who wouldn't want to be seeing this crazy-ass bullshit as it happens?

But we, the few, and the proud, we actually are witnessing this ridiculous mess. And it is good.

kirblar

Pepeday's picked Wultra vs any Shoto-type character he's played, which makes sense.

Last year's single elimination capped tournament at TGS gave Haitani a spot.
Yeah, but last year's CapCup was a lot different. This tournament doesn't mesh with the other qualifying ones.

Kikujiro

Zhi's is an idiot, I don't care about racist jokes, but he's not funny. Especially because he doesn't stop. There's a great match going on and he's ruining it trying to be funny, I'm glad some sponsors ban him.

What if he bets against himself in a money match!?

mind-blown.gif

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Holy shit at the amount people in that room. I think Zhi said there's people even standing outside and spilling into the other booths!!!!

phaonaut

Ladies and Gentlemen - we are witnessing something truly special here. Others will say they were up, past drunk, crosseyed and yelping at their monitor, watching this fucking nonsense; that they saw what Pepeday was doing to Bonchan on this night and were better for it. But they will be lying. And it will be understandable. Who wouldn't want to be seeing this crazy-ass bullshit as it happens?

But we, the few, and the proud, we actually are witnessing this ridiculous mess. And it is good.

lol This is like Saint Crispen's Day Speech from Henry V.

He that outlives this day, and comes safe home,
Will stand a tip-toe when this day is nam'd,
And rouse him at the name of Crispian.
He that shall live this day, and see old age,
Will yearly on the vigil feast his neighbours,
And say 'To-morrow is Saint Crispian.'
Then will he strip his sleeve and show his scars,
And say 'These wounds I had on Crispian's day.'

And gentlemen in England now-a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.

I'm not sure if it's because of the sagat matchup, but fuerte isn't doing any slides and barely any overheads against bonchan. Regardless his splashes and qbombs have carried him to a 4-3 lead.

kirblar

Bonchan the Bridesmaid.

Great, Great performance by Pepeday today. I hope he makes the most out of that free trip to Vegas.

If there's one thing I've learned from playing SF for the last 5 ish odd years...

you can learn all the combos you want, all the frame data you want, all the oki and setups you want..

but when it comes to El Fuerte.. take all the knowledge you got and

BT5q0qAIMAA-Vqx.jpg:large

go fucking dumb

there's no philosophy to the madness. beat crazy with crazy. don't try to make sense out of it or you'll drive yourself crazy.

Congrats to Pepe, that was a well deserved victory. I think he played really smart, I could see his strategy in constantly baiting Bonchan to go for knees. Which you can't really blame him for when you're up against this kind of madness. Still, fuck Fuerte. But congrats to this guy again lol.

I think this was the best SF4 tournament of the year. Top 8 was crazy good.

Top Bottom