• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Tournament Weekend: Canada Cup & CPT Latin America Finals (10/28-11/02)

Ah, gotcha. For cr.HKs, I'm pretty sure Mika will avoid most if not all of them while she's airborne; definitely not a good answer to that situation. On the other hand, however, there are multiple characters (Cammy included) who can low profile Mika's drop kick on reaction with a crouching kick and recover fast enough for a full punish.

Can also just stand LK that noise on reaction if you're old man reax like me.

Good stuff from Du and was a fun watch.

I'm not up on the standings but does John Takeuchi have still have a chance to get in? I would like to see at least one Rashid of his caliber make it in, he is really fun to watch.

mbpm1

I'm not up on the standings but does John Takeuchi have still have a chance to get in? I would like to see at least one Rashid of his caliber make it in, he is really fun to watch.

He needs to win the NA qualifiers I think?

Or another tournament which is super stacked in Asia.

His chances are getting slimmer but he can still make it I think.

He needs to win the NA qualifiers I think?

Or another tournament which is super stacked in Asia.

His chances are getting slimmer but he can still make it I think.

Has to win NA finals, which he is qualified for.

Thanks. I know the odds are against him, but I hope he makes it. I don't know any other Rashid reps off the top of my head who have a shot, but it would be cool if John gets in.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Justin was doing better than Du earlier, so he had crown. Du has surpassed him now. He has the crown now.

Its no big deal. Or dick riding. No need for drama.

I hope Xiao hits the lab for the drop kick.

Justin hasn't made top 8 at a single premiere, Du's been making top 8s all year.

jett

D-Member
Really happy for NuckleDu, he was on top of his game this tournament. He's truly the only US player right now with a chance at winning Capcom Cup.

Is this the first time Mika has actually won a major?

Tripon

GQ9s4N0.png

http://capcomprotour.com/latin-america-finals-2016/

Top 4 gets to go to CPT LA finals since Chris T or Jiewa aren't going.

Edit: More than top 4. For whatever reason, people who already qualified for CPT LA Finals also entered the last chance qualifier. LOL.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Why do people post shit like this?

Anyway Good for Du, dude was on fire.
There's always strong hate for some players for some reason.
If you didn't think Justin was the strongest US player in SFV for a long time then you were just wrong.

The best fantasy team for Canada Cup belonged to Sayad! Xiao Hai was worth the money. Credit also to fepera who selected five players who all made the top 16.

Q7MIR2R.png

1. Sayad - 1020 points
2. fepera - 845 points
3. Tripon - 530 points
4. Rogue - 485 points
5. Chaotics - 410 points
6. abe_sfv - 385 points
7. Sinatar - 335 points
8. eumenes - 265 points
9. Riou - 235 points

http://fantasyfgc.com has points breakdowns for all the teams.

SmokeMaxX

If Cammy blocks a fully charged drop kick (at any distance), she can back dash. Mika literally has nothing she can do to counter this except for dashing in herself and then doing a (command) grab or an attack. And if a Mika guesses wrong and Cammy decided to just sit there, Cammy will punish it. Cammy is the only character who can do this because of her back dash properties: any typical follow-up that Mika can do after the blocked drop kick will completely whiff.
What's special about Cammy's backdash?

Justin hasn't made top 8 at a single premiere, Du's been making top 8s all year.

This is not true. He's made to 8 at a couple of premier events. Also Du I believe only made top at at CEO before this. Can't think of another premier that he made top 8. Maybe earlier in the year.

Top Bottom