• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Tournament Weekend: Combo Breaker, RedBull Kumite, ELEAGUE, Tekken 7 UK

And, most fighting games.

Community optimizes, and eventually everyone uses the best options.

People like to talk like previous SF games were a rainbow colored cornucopia of variety...but they really weren't lol.
Most people use the same optimized combos every time...in any fighting game.

There is a difference between optimization and expression through strategy. But there is no point telling you this because your job is to defend this game.

mbpm1

that dp sucks, but phenom still proved punk is mortal in winners finals

the gap is closing, just like with punk's teeth when he gets that dental work Kappa

There is a difference between optimization and expression through strategy. But there is no point telling you this because your job is to defend this game.

There is plenty of expression in SF5. It's in the movement, your wakeup behavior, your spacing and position, meter management, and button/combo choice. Just like every other fighting game.

Just because you heard some salty guys on twitter saying "you can't express yourself in SF5" doesn't make it true.

mbpm1

Personally i'm glad that phenom was doing the right stuff, interrupting in a punk-like fashion or finding good timings in ways people aren't doing before. I didn't think he'd win even a single set but he did and proved he's still evolving and that's neat

vypek

That was a really cool tournament. I'm glad I started watching it and its actually just cause I saw the commercials on TBS weeks ago.

Tripon

msYm0Cb.jpg

Sako got a new sponsor?

And lol at a company already picking at Madcatz's remains.

JeTmAn81

So has SF finally become America's game with V? American winners of Capcom Cup and Eleague, and no Japanese winners of huge events.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
And Punk idolizes Bonchan. He would be really nervous and would probably lose if he played like he did now and Bonchan is playing like he is.

Top Bottom