• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Tournament Weekend: Combo Breaker, RedBull Kumite, ELEAGUE, Tekken 7 UK

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Winning three straight tournies and one of them being a premier is pretty dominating. None of them were easy.

This must be the first time I'm watching pools at 4 A.M. Combo breaker is still going.

Dahbomb

Punk only lost to Phenom the first time around to make it entertaining for the folks at home watching on TV.

True alpha omega status.

And please cut it out with this Bonchan crap... dude would get LIT UP by the Alpha. This is not Japan's game, this is not Asia's game... this is not even America's game. It's Punk's game (for the time being at least).

Csr

Winning three straight tournies and one of them being a premier is pretty dominating. None of them were easy.

This must be the first time I'm watching pools at 4 A.M. Combo breaker is still going.

Dominated the people who were at those tournaments maybe, so many top players where missing from two of those three tournaments.

ScribbleD

Did Punk and Combo Breaker actually work something out? At first the word was that he wouldn't get special treatment and that his pools would be on Friday, which means he'd be unable to attend, but I remember him saying in his interview after winning E-League that he had to catch a flight to Combo Breaker. Did he get moved to Saturday pools after all? What about Fuudo?

Tripon

DA1t_ehXoAAcPrm.jpg

https://twitter.com/SRKRanking/status/868471326989832194

because NRS sucks at balancing their shit.

Mika season 1. Now look at her season 2.
Chun-Li season 1. Now look at her season 2.
Balrog.
Urien.
General system nerfs.

And that's just SFV. If you want to get into SFIV, or Mahvel 3, SFxTK then that's a whole new story.

At least NRS gets the same excuse right now that KoF XIV and SFV had. This is still the launch version so naturally some characters are going to be stronger than all the others. But they have a pretty solid foundation here and I'm confident that they can make as many characters viable as possible.

FACE

Banned
Balrog.
Urien.
General system nerfs.

And that's just SFV. If you want to get into SFIV, or Mahvel 3, SFxTK then that's a whole new story.

At least NRS gets the same excuse right now that KoF XIV and SFV had. This is still the launch version so naturally some characters are going to be stronger than all the others. But they have a pretty solid foundation here and I'm confident that they can make as many characters viable as possible.

Yeah but NRS has a whole history of being shit at balancing if you look at MK9, IJ1 and MKX.

Sayad

NRS handling of the stream sucks, they missed matches like Tekken Master vs Scar yesterday while showing random scrubs dueling it out on stream.

Sayad

Balrog.
Urien.
General system nerfs.

Nothing here compares to NRS DLC characters winning(and dominating top 8) major tournaments 2 weeks after their release.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
what happens in tekken 7 when the last round is a double ko, no gets a win and the round gets restarted? is that what happens with double kos anyway?

mbpm1

Playing neutral with Gief: just spam lariat, bruh.

I'm glad Ricki took that convincingly in the end.

he kept getting me with that in the one set i played against him lol

i didnt think he would do it offline but i guess thats how he rolls

MCD250

he kept getting me with that in the one set i played against him lol

i didnt think he would do it offline but i guess thats how he rolls
Heh, literally the first thing I thought when I saw him do it the second time was "does dude think he's playing ranked or..."

mbpm1

I always wince when i see kolin's use v-trigger immediately. I understand why though but it never feels worth it

Blueblur1

He was playing Birdie the entire tournament and pulled out Fang after he reset the bracket and then lost 2 games. He ran it back 3 games straight with FANG. Someone tell Lucebruce. lol

Top Bottom